Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson (2-0) vs Gallia Academy (2-0)

Post by Ironman92 »

svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:52 pm The pressure in this game is all on Jackson. If they can’t beat poor little old Gallia academy they have no shot in tough region 11. The fact that so many Jackson people talking about this little game makes you wonder if they aren’t using smoke and mirrors out there this year. Gallia comes in here like a river boat gambler playing with house money. As long as they leave relatively healthy they have nothing to lose.
This is the 4th or 5th most important game on the schedule for Jackson. Wellston played with house money too.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:26 pm
Vik wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 pm
Billb wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 pm I think several folks are overlooking a couple facts when saying how improved Gallipolis is....1)they have played 2 extremely weak teams of Meigs and River valley 2) Yes, Gallipolis is going to look better last year and this year because their conference is extremely weak.
Jackson will wear them down as the game goes on.
Jackson 35-14
Maybe Jackson looks good because they have played two teams that aren’t good. Jackson’s backs are SLOW. Line is hodge podge. They are predictable but defense will keep it close. GA will have some good playcalls that are unexpected and Jackson will bite I bet.

GA 35
JI 20
Whoa, who did gallia play? Meigs and river valley, really? Jackson would have spanked them worse than what they did to wellston. Probably at least put up 60+ against both of those Teams.
Jackson’s backs are slow? they aren’t slow at all, they are fast and will run right over you or around you. Two for example, spires and haller, they both will run right over you, through you and around you. They both run very hard and down hill. I watched some of the meigs and river valley game you all played, not too impressed. Gallia’s backs are slow. Jackson could be predictable but they aren’t, they have so many weapons they can get the ball too on each play with the likes of Evans, landrum, graham, spires, Yates, haller, and more. The d-line is gonna be too fast for the o-line of gallia. First home game for Jackson and I know the boys are pumped and ready for this one right now.
Jackson barely put up 30 points on a very weak Fairfield Union team. they punted 5 times. I saw the Wellston/Jackson game and I wasn't impressed with Jackson at that game. and the offensive stats weren't impressive at the Fairfield Union game either. If your backs are so fast and can run around anyone.....then why did Jackson punt 5 times against FU? in the past a Jackson team would have easily put up 400+ yards of offense on a team of FU's caliber. with that being said..... I realize GA has their fair share of issues. GA's defense as been wishy washy at points....but they do a GREAT job at stopping teams in the red-zone when and if they make it that far.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:40 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:26 pm
Vik wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Maybe Jackson looks good because they have played two teams that aren’t good. Jackson’s backs are SLOW. Line is hodge podge. They are predictable but defense will keep it close. GA will have some good playcalls that are unexpected and Jackson will bite I bet.

GA 35
JI 20
Whoa, who did gallia play? Meigs and river valley, really? Jackson would have spanked them worse than what they did to wellston. Probably at least put up 60+ against both of those Teams.
Jackson’s backs are slow? they aren’t slow at all, they are fast and will run right over you or around you. Two for example, spires and haller, they both will run right over you, through you and around you. They both run very hard and down hill. I watched some of the meigs and river valley game you all played, not too impressed. Gallia’s backs are slow. Jackson could be predictable but they aren’t, they have so many weapons they can get the ball too on each play with the likes of Evans, landrum, graham, spires, Yates, haller, and more. The d-line is gonna be too fast for the o-line of gallia. First home game for Jackson and I know the boys are pumped and ready for this one right now.
Jackson barely put up 30 points on a very weak Fairfield Union team. they punted 5 times. I saw the Wellston/Jackson game and I wasn't impressed with Jackson at that game. and the offensive stats weren't impressive at the Fairfield Union game either. If your backs are so fast and can run around anyone.....then why did Jackson punt 5 times against FU? in the past a Jackson team would have easily put up 400+ yards of offense on a team of FU's caliber. with that being said..... I realize GA has their fair share of issues. GA's defense as been wishy washy at points....but they do a GREAT job at stopping teams in the red-zone when and if they make it that far.
Barely as in 27 at halftime and then subbed out after the running clock started . Didn’t courthouse give up 42 to Blanchester ?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Lol this is like a Burg-Ironton Week 1 thread much more entertaining than any others thus far this week. So I have some questions lol.

Why is this series not continuing as an OoC game next year and just how dang fast are all those running backs lol.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:47 pm Lol this is like a Burg-Ironton Week 1 thread much more entertaining than any others thus far this week. So I have some questions lol.

Why is this series not continuing as an OoC game next year and just how dang fast are all those running backs lol.

No one said Jackson backs are burners . People
Just trying to bumper jack Jackson posters. I was under the impression that Gallia Academy discontinued it but I have no inside information. Jackson backs are typical Jackson backs , 4.7-4.9 kids who run hard . They do have a few who will
Knock the snot bubbles outa you though.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Vik wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:57 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:51 pm
Vik wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Run over you, through you and around you? Ok sure. They may run powerfully but their 4.85 speed ain’t running around anyone. Cmon
You really think gallia has better skills guys at the WR and RB spots than Jackson, give me a break. But they will run around you and through you and over you. That’s a promise. Idk what RB from Jackson your talking about that ran a 4.85 but not haller, Yates, spires, or graham or parks. not even Evans or landrum ran that. Idk where you got that lol. But nice try tho.
Ok sorry I was meaning real forty time not Dad with a quick stop thumb on his stopwatch lollollol. Can’t wait to watch your 6 4.43 forty guys
They will definitely be faster than a 4.8 because I never said than ran a 4.4, I said they can run faster than a 4.8. What’s gallias fastest guy 4.85 or 4.9?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:51 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:47 pm Lol this is like a Burg-Ironton Week 1 thread much more entertaining than any others thus far this week. So I have some questions lol.

Just trying to bumper jack Jackson posters. I was under the impression that Gallia Academy discontinued it but I have no inside information. Jackson backs are typical Jackson backs , 4.7-4.9 kids who run hard . They do have a few who will
Ok interesting on Gallia non-renewal and the 4.7-4.9 pounders is exactly what I would expect from the Ironmen. Good luck Friday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IMO backs are more powerful than fast. Teams don’t have trouble catching them but sure seem tired of tackling them. Spires faster than you think. Yates fast as you’d guess but needs to get doing downhill to show it. Landrum fast but few touches. Graham faster than you think but more powerful and breaks tackles but never just has a free lane to show speed. Haller faster than you’d guess but looks for contact more than most backs. Parks pretty fast but few touches. I’d call almost all of them average speed SE district running backs, but most are more powerful than most teams boast. A mess of 4.65-4.80 laser 40 guys. Most importantly all are true football kids. I have no problem with any of them getting carries at any time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:51 pm

You really think gallia has better skills guys at the WR and RB spots than Jackson, give me a break. But they will run around you and through you and over you. That’s a promise. Idk what RB from Jackson your talking about that ran a 4.85 but not haller, Yates, spires, or graham or parks. not even Evans or landrum ran that. Idk where you got that lol. But nice try tho.
Ok sorry I was meaning real forty time not Dad with a quick stop thumb on his stopwatch lollollol. Can’t wait to watch your 6 4.43 forty guys
They will definitely be faster than a 4.8 because I never said than ran a 4.4, I said they can run faster than a 4.8. What’s gallias fastest guy 4.85 or 4.9?
I bet Woodson runs a 4.48-4.54 area....but they said he’s JV

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:10 pm I agree the FU Game was bad on offense. Couldn’t throw the ball and minus 2 runs didn’t run the ball , but Gallia Academy Gave up 34 Meigs . That’s not good.
No ice didn’t throw the ball very good at all against FU, but I agree, gallia giving up 34 to meigs. Jackson’s Defense wouldnt come close to that. then they played a weaker opponent the next week in river valley.
Last edited by Ironmen#2588 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:58 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Ok interesting on Gallia non-renewal and the 4.7-4.9 pounders is exactly what I would expect from the Ironmen. Good luck Friday.
Thanks Abe , the goal is to be 4-0 when we come to the burg , I know that’s what you guys want too

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Still would like to hear from countywide35 and bring the heat

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:00 pm

he does play JV mostly from what I've seen. It'll be interesting to see him progress through his high school career. He definitely faster than anyone on both teams.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:09 pm

he does play JV mostly from what I've seen. It'll be interesting to see him progress through his high school career. He definitely faster than anyone on both teams.
his PR in the 100 meter dash (109 yards) is 11.35 seconds.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

If he truly is a burner at 4.4 or 4.5, gallias coach would be smart enough to have him playing on Friday nights whether he’s a freshman or sophomore. He would be starting and should be if he’s that fast.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I wasn’t sure he played. Track speed doesn’t always translate to great football player, like powerlifting, wrestling, shot/disc, ACT score....that stuff never hurts but it doesn’t always mean much, but no debate he’ll be the fastest kid on Alumni Turf if he gets in. To me he would be like the 11 man on a varsity team that can’t do a ton at the varsity level with his basketball skills....but is a great long range shooter. He comes in and everyone points to recognize him but on other end they attack him. If Woodson is suited up and lines up like a WR or returner....players better know it’s him. Again, he may not see the field but he has a skill that elite.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:14 pm

If he truly is a burner at 4.4 or 4.5, gallias coach would be smart enough to have him playing on Friday nights whether he’s a freshman or sophomore. He would be starting and should be if he’s that fast.
I promise you he’s that fast....but a small freshman that isn’t focused truly on football I don’t believe.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:18 pm

I promise you he’s that fast....but a small freshman that isn’t focused truly on football I don’t believe.
Trust me he is that fast. He has already won a state championship in track and field at the middle school level. But as Ironman92 said, he's not as focused on football. He does play on Friday nights but it's usually in the second half.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 pm

I wasn’t sure he played. Track speed doesn’t always translate to great football player, like powerlifting, wrestling, shot/disc, ACT score....that stuff never hurts but it doesn’t always mean much, but no debate he’ll be the fastest kid on Alumni Turf if he gets in. To me he would be like the 11 man on a varsity team that can’t do a ton at the varsity level with his basketball skills....but is a great long range shooter. He comes in and everyone points to recognize him but on other end they attack him. If Woodson is suited up and lines up like a WR or returner....players better know it’s him. Again, he may not see the field but he has a skill that elite.

you're right! if he gets put in and something opens up he's gone!! there won't be any point in trying to catch him!! LOL. It's possible that they may throw him in the mix one or two times to see what he's capable of doing. But, i'd think it would have to be early in the game. I don't think they'd take too many chances especially if the game is close. Pullins, Beasly, Armstrong and Campbell do a very good job at moving the ball.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:25 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Trust me he is that fast. He has already won a state championship in track and field at the middle school level. But as Ironman92 said, he's not as focused on football. He does play on Friday nights but it's usually in the second half.
Just a simple know his number and if he lines up out there....just be aware and give a step and he won’t be a factor. If gets a touch just take an extra safe angle to make sure. I doubt he gets a touch but I had to put his name out there.

Return to “Football”