Minford 22 Nelsonville-York 6

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Sat @7PM Nelsonville-York @ Minford

Post by greygoose »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:58 pm NY will be better than the #8 team in Region 23. Question is: can they make it? 7-3 sounds like a definite “yes”, partly because they would’ve beaten a solid Waverly. 6-4, and they’re on the bubble(???)

I will say, it would be a shame if NY misses the playoffs because they took on several challenges voluntarily. That Martins Ferry game may be the difference, if NY can’t get a ‘W’ vs a red-hot Waverly.
Worrying about playoffs?? Playoffs, PLAYOFFS, :roll: . Best worry about getting that 1st win and River Valley coming up, NY traveling on the road to take on Waverly who's rolling early on. I just don't see NY pulling off that win and really if you look at the teams they have left and their current records if they don't beat Waverly they'll have slim chance at any playoffs even if they can manage to finish 6-4. Just take 1 week at a time.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:00 pm
14U wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:01 pm ^ Bleeding Red: Pay no attention to 14U he comes on here and makes thing up as he goes, talking out his A$$. I doubt he was even at the game last night. If the head ref is from Minford (Which he is not), then Minford must have take a page outta W'burg book. How many games is Andy Rase, Chris Bentley, or Bob Dever officiating this year for the Pirates? I seen them reffing several Burg home games in the past.... Just sayin"!

Earlier in the week 14U was saying, a kid has a better chance of a college football scholarship by transfering to the W'burg, when all the evidence points to the contrary.

I also read where 14U was saying at the younger levels, Minford plays eventual OL as RBs.... Again more ludicrous comments from this guy.

14U, Name 1-kid where a Jr. High coach has done that. Closest I can think is Aaron Alley who played FB, but had a career ending ankle and leg injury that cut his career short his Jr. year.

Just an FYI, Cain Madden and McCray played OT from peewee to seniors.
Ur saying that Dillon isn’t from Minford? Lmao
You are so full of crap, I don't know how you get up in the morning and look in the mirror at yourself with a straight face. I'm starting to think that you sir are a compulsive liar;

I have no idea who Dillon is, also Chilli didn't play OL in his backfield unless it was a special package and they were usually used a lead blocker. Besides WTF does that have to do with anything? It's been over 30-yrs since Chilli coached and the guys he did coach are now in their 40s, so they could have grand kids playing now. I Don't know who you talked to that played for Chilli, but my guess IF they really told you this :roll: , they are mistaken.

I will humor you, so who do you know that played for Randy Childers that told you this? I'm calling total Bull SH!!!! here.

AND if you really want to know, I live in the Indian Hill area of Portsmouth. I coached at Minford in the early thru mid-2000s, my wife is from the Clarksville area (Clinton-Massie school district;)

Minford 22
NY 6, and no not one of the Refs was from Minford! Another lie from you that's disproven.
I said it started back then and still today because I’ve watched it, have u been down pee wee level the last 4-5 years? I did say our falcons will be 5-0 then trouble comes!! The hardest part of their schedule. I see it from the bleachers, seen it with my own eyes and great friends that played

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

How many yards did the Wilburn kid have?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:15 am Take the flags out and Bucks lead this game! U take the bad play away and Minford isn’t leading this game! Also the face mask call should have been holding on falcon no TD. bucks Are the better team when I left. Good Luck tomorrow hope weather is better. Remember bucks got beat by two playoff caliber teams
Oh, the first let’s blame the refs post I’ve found. NY has scored 1 TD in 10 quarters and it’s the officiating. Wow, way to model responsibility

thebarlowbandit
All State

14U wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:32 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:47 pm
14U wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:15 am Take the flags out and Bucks lead this game! U take the bad play away and Minford isn’t leading this game! Also the face mask call should have been holding on falcon no TD. bucks Are the better team when I left. Good Luck tomorrow hope weather is better. Remember bucks got beat by two playoff caliber teams
I don't know what game you were watching to think NY is better team, but OK, that your opinion. So now it's starting to turn into the Refs fault NY isn't winning? NY didn't cross the 50-yard line in first half....... I look for Minford to come out and take control this evening. Go Falcons!
I watched a game where NY was causing turnover!! They made one bad play that cost them the TD. Yes the same ref in middle from Minford three flags every time they got a big play or a key first down. Think what u want but this NY team is better than 0-2 they played two good teams that’s 2-0. I said ur falcons will go 5-0 until there better teams come up in 3 W’s and 2 v’s then we will see. But this NY is better team than falcon fans thought
This from a NY poster who has people who coach at NY work Friday night games. Classic.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:25 pm
Oh, the first let’s blame the refs post I’ve found. NY has scored 1 TD in 10 quarters and it’s the officiating. Wow, way to model responsibility
And u couldn’t put them away Friday!! 6-0 halftime.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Could we all just move on.....
This game wasn't controversial. Minford won.
Great job Falcons!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
thebarlowbandit
All State

14U wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:29 pm
“And u”, really, I’m not a fan of either school, just find the constant excuse of officiating sad and numerous at the same time. Congrats after Saturday, NY has scored 2 TD’s, not even my Warriors have been that bad.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 pm
14U wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:29 pm

“And u”, really, I’m not a fan of either school, just find the constant excuse of officiating sad and numerous at the same time. Congrats after Saturday, NY has scored 2 TD’s, not even my Warriors have been that bad.
Easy now

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

This thread has gotten out of control.. just like all the others one usually do. Both teams need to move on, thought the game was great. Friday night (was not there Saturday) the bucks showed much improvement and I’m excited for the rest of the season. Minford deserves to win and they did hats off to them. Good luck to the rest of the season to all the people in falcon country.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Minford 22 Nelsonville-York 6

Post by mattash »

Minford 22 Nelsonville-York 6

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

14U wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:00 pm

I said it started back then and still today because I’ve watched it, have u been down pee wee level the last 4-5 years? I did say our falcons will be 5-0 then trouble comes!! The hardest part of their schedule. I see it from the bleachers, seen it with my own eyes and great friends that played

No idea about pee-wee nor do I think 10-12 yrs old kids really should be playing at that age or the position really matters. Like schools in Western Ohio football starts in Jr. High, so I'm talking about Jr.High. Just my opinion, kids shouldn't start contact until they've hit puberty, but that's another topic for another time.

Chilli did coach the Jr.High in the early 2000s for a handful of yrs. He ran the Wing-T and a 5-2 Monster, the exact same playbooks as the Varsity, and the kids played the position in which they were projected to play in HS. He could have had one or two eventual OGs as FBs, but that is usually b/c they couldn't hang onto the ball(Fumbleitis) or catch a cold if it hit'em in the face.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I see Minford being 7-0 heading into Wheelersburg. West is not unbeatable for Minford this year, however the unforced errors have to stop.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

NewEra wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:06 am I see Minford being 7-0 heading into Wheelersburg. West is not unbeatable for Minford this year, however the unforced errors have to stop.
I’ve watched West and they are big and strong! Nice QB with runningbacks. Hard hitting defense. They only lost their line but looks like they found replacements. I see falcons being 5-0 going into the stronger part of their schedule. It’s not going to be easy but hey that’s why we play the games, good luck!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

NewEra wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:06 am I see Minford being 7-0 heading into Wheelersburg. West is not unbeatable for Minford this year, however the unforced errors have to stop.
7-0 is very much a possibility. I watched West vs.PHS it was sloppy game in the first half; however both team are beatable, but have the potential to be good. If Minford wants to compete in the SOCII this year, they must learn to capitalize every time they're in the red-zone and on the other teams mistakes.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Things at NY will get better in a hurry this week. Playing RV has that effect on a program. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:44 am
7-0 is very much a possibility. I watched West vs.PHS it was sloppy game in the first half; however both team are beatable, but have the potential to be good. If Minford wants to compete in the SOCII this year, they must learn to capitalize every time they're in the red-zone and on the other teams mistakes.
Looking that the rest of their SOC schedule, Burg is the only game they have that is not considered winnable. Waverly will be interesting if they are ale to throw the ball like they gave in the past. Minford's run defense has been solid so I think that makes the West game more interesting. I assume Minford can handle Valley, but we could see another game like 2016. If Minford can steal one of the games from Waverly or West, the playoffs might be in their future.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

NY will regroup and be okay. Go Bucks!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

tomcat82 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:06 pm NY will regroup and be okay. Go Bucks!
I was impressed with NY. They played extremely hard and were well coached. They got Minford last year and Minford was just better this year.

Does this series continue next year or was this the end of the scheduled series between them?

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Bucks will look much improved this week against less talent.then all the talk about how if the bucks would have played this way all year they would be undefeated.good luck get them points coming in like a good point cow

Return to “Football”