Minford 28 Vinton County 21

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Minford @ Vinton county Your Thoughts !!

Post by greygoose »

Vike73 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:48 am Vinton is physical, so Minford better stop the run game, and from what I have read they failed to do so against west portsmouth.
Yeah Vinton a 1-5 team who has been beaten by Fairfield union 2-4, Alexander 3-3 and Meigs 2-4 isn't even in the same talks with West in terms of comparisons. So yeah saying physical is a pretty loose term.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

is wiget gonna be healthy, anyone know? fine ballplayer.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:13 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:04 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:00 am This one will be ugly
It may be. It’s too bad VC lost those kids to Jackson and wellston. We could be 4-2 and have a chance to win this one.
Don’t disagree with that . Jackson has 5 starters who are from VC.
Are you kidding about 5 starters from VC? I had heard that there QB was from Point Pleasant, but 5 kids from from one school. I don't really know what to say or even think about that. My god its no wonder VC is in such disarray.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:54 pm
Vike73 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:48 am Vinton is physical, so Minford better stop the run game, and from what I have read they failed to do so against west portsmouth.
Yeah Vinton a 1-5 team who has been beaten by Fairfield union 2-4, Alexander 3-3 and Meigs 2-4 isn't even in the same talks with West in terms of comparisons. So yeah saying physical is a pretty loose term.

There are only 5 southeast Ohio teams that have beaten a 5-1 opponent thus far in 2018. VC is one of those teams having knocked off Southeastern. VC definitely needs to play their best game of the season to pull this one off but I don’t want to discredit that big win in week 2. The Vikings are capable of playing well, they have just been very inconsistent for the most part this season.

Teams with wins over a 5-1 opponent.

Vinton Co. 21-20 over Southeastern
Fairland 35-31 over Athens
Portsmouth W. 26-15 over Minford
Chillicothe 36-30 over Hillsboro
Notre Dame 16-8 over Green

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:51 am

There are only 5 southeast Ohio teams that have beaten a 5-1 opponent thus far in 2018. VC is one of those teams having knocked off Southeastern. VC definitely needs to play their best game of the season to pull this one off but I don’t want to discredit that big win in week 2. The Vikings are capable of playing well, they have just been very inconsistent for the most part this season.

Teams with wins over a 5-1 opponent.

Vinton Co. 21-20 over Southeastern
Fairland 35-31 over Athens
Portsmouth W. 26-15 over Minford
Chillicothe 36-30 over Hillsboro
Notre Dame 16-8 over Green
Really?? Oh my let's break it down, 1st southeastern dominated that game but self inflicting mistakes lost them that game not VC winning it. Fairland beat Athens in week 2 and Athens hasn't beaten anyone this year that's why they're 5-1 and ranked 9th. West over minford was no real shocker there everyone picked that and minford 1 quality win is against oak hill. Chillicothe and Hillsboro, Chillicothe was beaten by bishop Hartley, ND beat green a team who hasn't beat anyone this year. You mention those games and mean nothing to this game, you compared them to West. If VC outplayed southeastern and truly beat them it should be propelled them going forward but it didn't lost to teams they shouldn't have lost to ever since. I mean outside of Athens they've only played teams with losing records. I expected a lot more out of VC this year but just hasn't translated.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Dundas, I know very little about VC or Jackson. Yesterday it was posted that VC had 5 kids playing for Jackson. I had heard that a QB had left Point Pleasant to play for Jackson either last year or this year.Not trying to stir anything up, but by reading your posts it seems as if you know as much or more about VC than about anybody else. Is there any truth as far as 5 kids from VC now playing at Jackson?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Minford is a good football team. but VC is as well. their record doesn't truly reflect how good they can be. add back to the VC roster the kids they lost and this conversation would be totally different. if the VC team that showed up to play Southeastern shows up against the Falcons then this game is going to be a good one. VC comes out flat the Falcons may make them pay. Should be a very physical football game and good luck to both teams and both come out of the game injury free.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:17 am Dundas, I know very little about VC or Jackson. Yesterday it was posted that VC had 5 kids playing for Jackson. I had heard that a QB had left Point Pleasant to play for Jackson either last year or this year.Not trying to stir anything up, but by reading your posts it seems as if you know as much or more about VC than about anybody else. Is there any truth as far as 5 kids from VC now playing at Jackson?
Yes it is true, also true about the QB coming from point pleasant, and a river valley boy transferred in this year at 8th grade and he's a man child from what I hear.

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

Minford gets up big, tries to grind it out, VC makes a strong comeback...Minford holds on. This one will come down to a turnover!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:17 am Dundas, I know very little about VC or Jackson. Yesterday it was posted that VC had 5 kids playing for Jackson. I had heard that a QB had left Point Pleasant to play for Jackson either last year or this year.Not trying to stir anything up, but by reading your posts it seems as if you know as much or more about VC than about anybody else. Is there any truth as far as 5 kids from VC now playing at Jackson?
The Yates boy, Jayden Spires and his brother, a boy thats on the line believe his last name is Ruckel, and the Prater boy is from Vc.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Wiget is done for the year, minford was hit hard by injuries. Losing their best player before the year even started and now this. There are good players to step up but it was hard replacing Jordan before the year and now replacing Wiget will be equally hard.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Reds Fan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:04 pm
The Yates boy, Jayden Spires and his brother, a boy thats on the line believe his last name is Ruckel, and the Prater boy is from Vc.
Thank you! I still don't know what to say. And sometimes I hear people on here saying that Wheelersburg recruits. Wow!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 pm
Thank you! I still don't know what to say. And sometimes I hear people on here saying that Wheelersburg recruits. Wow!
Lets be honest. It wasn't that Jackson recruited. There were Vinton County parents that did not agree with the current coaching philosophy; therefore, they "moved." They were parents of Nevan Yates, Jaden and Evan Spires. To be fair, Ty Ruckel has been in Jackson since the third grade I believe, but live in Wellston. Tristan Prater, Jaylan's younger brother, has been in Jackson since the seventh grade I believe, but the family lives in Vinton County between Hamden and McArthur.

It would be safe to say, if Vinton County were to have these kids, chances are they are not 1-5. If the younger kids should decide to come back, because they can, without penalty, they would be favored in the coming years in the TVC.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck to the Vikings from Raider Country! Excited to have the VC guys come to Bidwell next week!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

6 starters out for minford at this point in the season that’s a tough pill to swallow.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

hawkeyepierce!
Thank You! This helps clear things up somewhat. I probably should not have used the word ( Recruit ) at all. This happens all the time and will continue to happen. I think the number ( 5 ) is what caught my attention. 1st. I don't have an Axe to grind with Jackson. I don't even know a whole lot about them, other than that there Fans are very supportive of there football team. 2nd. I feel sorry for V. C. for whatever reason that this happened. Losing 5 Kids at one time is quite a shock regardless of the circumstances. 3rd. I'm sorry for Minford that I let this get away from the thread at hand.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:47 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Lets be honest. It wasn't that Jackson recruited. There were Vinton County parents that did not agree with the current coaching philosophy; therefore, they "moved." They were parents of Nevan Yates, Jaden and Evan Spires. To be fair, Ty Ruckel has been in Jackson since the third grade I believe, but live in Wellston. Tristan Prater, Jaylan's younger brother, has been in Jackson since the seventh grade I believe, but the family lives in Vinton County between Hamden and McArthur.

It would be safe to say, if Vinton County were to have these kids, chances are they are not 1-5. If the younger kids should decide to come back, because they can, without penalty, they would be favored in the coming years in the TVC.
Exactly, if you ask VC fans these kids were recruited but talk with the parents or those associated with the kids and you'll hear this exact thing. VC needs to fix things they should be better than the 1-5 mark they have it's not as if they've played some daunting schedule.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Lets not get to cocky ! I think 2 years ago we lost to a 0 and 9 team !! :oops:

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

falcon1 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:47 am
Lets not get to cocky ! I think 2 years ago we lost to a 0 and 9 team !! :oops:
You are correct, Minford can lose this football game if they do not show up focused and ready to play. I hope this game wasn't already lost this week with poor preparation or lack of focus during practice.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

The question is who replaces Wiget? This time of year into the season bring in new runningback with none or little experience is going to hurt Minford plus his defense position. They might get by this game but then it gets tougher!! Hope Minford gets it all worked out for the up coming schedule waverly, burg and valley.

Return to “Football”