Does the TVC Ohio need an 8th member?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Does the TVC Ohio need an 8th member?

Post by noreply66 »

Other than the SEOAL I would say the TVC,SVC,SOC,OVC, SHAC look set...The SCOL leaves me wondering. East Clinton, McClain and Hillsboro look out of place.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Oak Hill doesn't leave unless the SOC moves them up in football. I don't think Crooksville or Morgan leave the MVL although Crooksville as a team wouldn't be too bad; travel is a different story. Fort Frye is in the same boat, but with their size, they could going to Hocking or Ohio. Also kinda like Buffalo (WV) to the Hocking to make 10 teams and split to 2 5-team divisions to cut down their travel, but I'm sure TVC posters will disapprove of this. Here's an interesting question though, why go up to 8 members when you could drop down to 6 members by dropping Athens.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Oak Hill doesn't leave unless the SOC moves them up in football. I don't think Crooksville or Morgan leave the MVL although Crooksville as a team wouldn't be too bad; travel is a different story. Fort Frye is in the same boat, but with their size, they could going to Hocking or Ohio. Also kinda like Buffalo (WV) to the Hocking to make 10 teams and split to 2 5-team divisions to cut down their travel, but I'm sure TVC posters will disapprove of this. Here's an interesting question though, why go up to 8 members when you could drop down to 6 members by dropping Athens.
The TVC can't just drop a team. The by-laws preclude that from happening.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Oak Hill doesn't leave unless the SOC moves them up in football. I don't think Crooksville or Morgan leave the MVL although Crooksville as a team wouldn't be too bad; travel is a different story. Fort Frye is in the same boat, but with their size, they could going to Hocking or Ohio. Also kinda like Buffalo (WV) to the Hocking to make 10 teams and split to 2 5-team divisions to cut down their travel, but I'm sure TVC posters will disapprove of this. Here's an interesting question though, why go up to 8 members when you could drop down to 6 members by dropping Athens.
Athens is going nowhere folks. I think they are off the "hot seat" with respect to the next few years in that there will be no 60-70 point wins in football or domination in the other sports caused by what was a great cycle of athletes. Look for them to return to a "normal" cycle of being competitive across the board in most sports and winning their fair share of titles, but nothing like what was 2013-2014.

Any talk of them being to "big" for the TVC IMO ended this year, even if there were some grumblings last year.

Very balanced across the Ohio division in football and expect the same in all the other "main" sports as well. Basketball and baseball look to have a similar situation as football, as I believe there is a lot of parity looking forward.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Dandy Don wrote:
Athens is going nowhere folks. I think they are off the "hot seat" with respect to the next few years in that there will be no 60-70 point wins in football or domination in the other sports caused by what was a great cycle of athletes. Look for them to return to a "normal" cycle of being competitive across the board in most sports and winning their fair share of titles, but nothing like what was 2013-2014.

Any talk of them being to "big" for the TVC IMO ended this year, even if there were some grumblings last year.

Very balanced across the Ohio division in football and expect the same in all the other "main" sports as well. Basketball and baseball look to have a similar situation as football, as I believe there is a lot of parity looking forward.

Well put.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Beat Athens and you probably make the playoffs. 2015 Athens was worth 38.5 points. D5 took 130 points to make the playoffs.

Deez Nuts
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nuts »

I dont know who it would be but if they find them it would make scheduling easier for those teams so they dont have to find a week 8,9,10 non league game.

Ha got eem
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Deez Nuts wrote:I dont know who it would be but if they find them it would make scheduling easier for those teams so they dont have to find a week 8,9,10 non league game.
Meigs is currently our Week 8 game, hopefully that continues. Would like to see Athens as well in one of those weeks.

As we go to what is essentially independent status (technically the SEOAL still exists) having a Meigs and/or Athens is a better alternative from a travel and gate perspective. Next year we play Cincinnati Winton Woods in week 9 and are open week 10.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Please leave Jackson out of this tvc discussion
Not a good fit for anyone involved

Would kill Jackson football playing vc, Alex, Nelsonville , river valley, on top of wellston

The Meigs game was not one bit competitive

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I do agree Athens is same size and should be played

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

As far Athens
Yes they belong and fit in well with the tvc
They tvc games were very competitive and fun to follow
They don't need or want Jackson winning 8/10 football titles

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote:As far Athens
You make it sound like Jackson better than Athens. Yeah your better than Athens at football but not the other 15 sports

As of 2007
Athens 162 SEOAL titles and a 62.2% in all sports
Jackson 52 SEOAL titles and a 42.2% in all sports

I think Athens has won or tied the TVC 58 of 89 since 2008. Of course that percentage will come down

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:As far Athens
You make it sound like Jackson better than Athens. Yeah your better than Athens at football but not the other 15 sports

As of 2007
Athens 162 SEOAL titles and a 62.2% in all sports
Jackson 52 SEOAL titles and a 42.2% in all sports

I think Athens has won or tied the TVC 58 of 89 since 2008. Of course that percentage will come down
Well this is a football forum
And I was speaking in football terms

Jackson would be a great addition in the other sports

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens is traditionally better is most other sports but as you know football rules all

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

And Athens would love to play Jackson. Big points game

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I would say Jackson would love to sink it's teeth In the dogs

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens would like to finally beat Logan in football and Warren in basketball

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

If you wanna at warren and Logan and Jackson then come home ....

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Kind of curious...are you wanting out of the SOC I?
Yes. I have a lot of respect for the SOC I schools and small schools in general, but I think we are too big to be in that division of the league. I like the SOC II for the non-football sports, but I don't think moving up would be a good move for us for football. Wheelersburg has dominated the SOC II in football, let alone the other sports, and it looks like they will continue to do so.

I don't know if the TVC Ohio would be a good option or not. I believe we did apply in the early 90s but were turned down.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

one Oak wrote:
Kind of curious...are you wanting out of the SOC I?
Yes. I have a lot of respect for the SOC I schools and small schools in general, but I think we are too big to be in that division of the league. I like the SOC II for the non-football sports, but I don't think moving up would be a good move for us for football. Wheelersburg has dominated the SOC II in football, let alone the other sports, and it looks like they will continue to do so.

I don't know if the TVC Ohio would be a good option or not. I believe we did apply in the early 90s but were turned down.
Thanks...I respect your honesty!

Return to “Football”