Division V rankings and early speculation

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Division V rankings and early speculation

Post by greygoose »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:59 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:43 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:02 pm Ironton lost 3 straight games to end the season. Burg got to state again
Yeah and both teams ended their season losing to the Johnnies, 1 played a close game and 1 literally got ran out of the stadium. Good thing it's 2019 season and quite frankly preseason rankings don't mean anything, simply something for people to talk about. Wins and computer points is what matters, that's what gets you into week 11 and work towards every teams end goal of a state title.
goose, you is gonna have every pirate on here chasin after you. the good news is ole bait might get a break in the action. we tiger fans cain't talk about the past. just the burgers can.
LOL, none of them have said anything yet. There really isn't much that can be said, I try to remain unbias towards all teams no matter how harsh it comes off sometimes. I just had to respond to that users comment about Tigers losing 3 straight to close the season like it played some sort of pivotal role in this years outcome. Honestly I think if anything it should help Ironton going forward, it showed them that you can't play well and be successful for 2/3 of a season and just start showing up for games thinking you're going to win, you have to finish the job. I think that's something Pendleton will drive home this year and use it as motivation. I do look forward to trying to get to a Ironton game this year, would like to see the improvements and check out Carrico as well.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

laser breath wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:06 pm
Gone Country wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:06 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:27 am

I hope not jolly. I think we have a keeper. tiger fans have been around long enough not to put much stock in preseason polls. we feel coach Pendleton is the real deal. and now he is our ad. so somebody is seeing big things from him. it's exciting to be excited.
Trevon in place as AD has nothing at all to do with success (or failure for that matter) of the football season. I can assure you he got the AD job believing he will be fair and equitable to all kids and programs at IHS regardless. He is a high quality individual who has the very best plan and intentions for ALL, athletes, school and parents regardless of what sport is involved. Write that down.
I’m sure he will. But who cares? Can anyone name the burgs ad or Jackson or Minford or waverly? ADs are about scheduling games, and make ups, and taking care of money and security. They honestly don’t have time for much more than that. I still can’t believe they are going to let a coach do it.
Jared Shaw at Burg, Bo Annett Waverly, Kristin Ruby Minford, Joe Albrecht Portsmouth, Lafon was at Ironton I think still is, Keith Detwiller at Piketon! I know a bunch of these AD’s, they all do a good job!

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

I couldn't name an AD @ Ironton that wasn't a coach in some capacity in one sport or another. The question is if the AD can be equitable and balanced with the money and privileges to all teams in the system regardless if he coaches or not. Mike Burcham is in the Ohio sports Hall of Fame as an AD, coached through the Lutz years and was AD concurrently. I doubt anyone in the know would question the results through those years. It is a tough job with many facets. Delegation is key. Trevon or his brother attended most all Ironton sports contests before he became AD including Jr High and Little League. He has big plans for the future for Ironton sports all inclusive.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:38 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:55 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:09 pm

You keep talking about variables changing. That's cool and all but you guys have no clue what these mysterious changing variables will profit the Tigers in week 1. There could be variables changing the variables that have changed causing more variables to change.

My point is, this is a game between high school kids. You can't logically sit behind a keyboard in your parent's basement soaking up all the free wifi and expect to type it into existence.

If Burg scores first, I want to see how Ironton responds. That's a variable I'd like to see. If Burg stretches the lead to 2 tds late in the 4th, that's the variable I'd like to see. We know how Burg responds to adversity. But Ironton has the past 6-7 years of taking beatings they have to get past. Will they fold? I hope not.
See, you did it again.

"If burg scores first and blah blah blah 😂😂😂 Why do you feel compelled to narrate these fictitious scenarios in your head? Read what I am saying instead of focusing on your emotions. It's not that deep. 😂😂
Bro. Ironton MAY be good this year. Why don't you hold off until they win the lowly OVC and then we can talk. 🤣🤣😂😂 Yout act like they've already won it all. Save it for Aug. 30th. Then let's talk. I'm taking burg 28-13. What say you?
lowly ovc. yeah, the soc is obviously the premiere conference around here. you got burg and burg. get over yourself and realize how close they are to mirror images. and you wonder why everyone wants to see burg get tripped up. no matter who does it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:40 pm
Gone Country wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:06 pm
Trevon in place as AD has nothing at all to do with success (or failure for that matter) of the football season. I can assure you he got the AD job believing he will be fair and equitable to all kids and programs at IHS regardless. He is a high quality individual who has the very best plan and intentions for ALL, athletes, school and parents regardless of what sport is involved. Write that down.
I’m sure he will. But who cares? Can anyone name the burgs ad or Jackson or Minford or waverly? ADs are about scheduling games, and make ups, and taking care of money and security. They honestly don’t have time for much more than that. I still can’t believe they are going to let a coach do it.
Jared Shaw at Burg, Bo Annett Waverly, Kristin Ruby Minford, Joe Albrecht Portsmouth, Lafon was at Ironton I think still is, Keith Detwiller at Piketon! I know a bunch of these AD’s, they all do a good job!
The AD position is becoming a part time job at more and more schools. Rusty Richards is currently the AD at Nelsonville-York as well as head football coach. He has site managers that help so that he can focus on coaching.
Belpres AD coaches Softball. She happens to be one of the best AD's in Southeastern Ohio.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:34 pm

The AD position is becoming a part time job at more and more schools. Rusty Richards is currently the AD at Nelsonville-York as well as head football coach. He has site managers that help so that he can focus on coaching.
Belpres AD coaches Softball. She happens to be one of the best AD's in Southeastern Ohio.
It’s becoming part time money wise, but time wise full time and then some! As the Great Mr. DJ Owens says, AD is everything he hates about sports and nothing he likes!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:41 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:34 pm

It’s becoming part time money wise, but time wise full time and then some! As the Great Mr. DJ Owens says, AD is everything he hates about sports and nothing he likes!
I agree. I asked the ad if he was ever home, he said rarely was he able to go home at a decent hour. He doesn’t coach anything that I know of. I’m sure there are site managers but the ad is ultimately responsible.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:29 pm

See, you did it again.

"If burg scores first and blah blah blah 😂😂😂 Why do you feel compelled to narrate these fictitious scenarios in your head? Read what I am saying instead of focusing on your emotions. It's not that deep. 😂😂
Bro. Ironton MAY be good this year. Why don't you hold off until they win the lowly OVC and then we can talk. 🤣🤣😂😂 Yout act like they've already won it all. Save it for Aug. 30th. Then let's talk. I'm taking burg 28-13. What say you?
lowly ovc. yeah, the soc is obviously the premiere conference around here. you got burg and burg. get over yourself and realize how close they are to mirror images. and you wonder why everyone wants to see burg get tripped up. no matter who does it.
SOC may be top heavy but I think most would rank it above OVC top to bottom
May be off a game or 2 but head to head
2018 SOC 8-2
2017 SOC 8-3
I included oakhill since they move into SOC 2 this year

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

See, you did it again.

The same reason Burg wants to smash Ironton every year. And the same reason everyone wants Ironton to fail. Yea, I get it.

But let's not get back to comparing the SOCII to the ovc. There is no comparison.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh the almighty soc eh.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what a hoot.
get over yourselves.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

XandO72 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:58 pm
Omega wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:28 pm Ironton, even in their lean years after Lutz, has always had the raw talent to compete with anybody in SE Ohio. It just took a head coach like Pendleton to re-energize and develop the Tiger talent. As for Wheelersburg, under Coach Woodward, they reload instead of rebuild, so shed no tears for the Pirates who could potentially lose (gasp) three games due to an upgraded non conference schedule. The bottom line is that when Ironton and The Burg are competitive, it elevates the brand of high school football in our part of the state.
Agreed, and ironically my early predictor has Burg doing exactly that = 3 losses. ( Ironton, Hartley, Ashland)

All subject to change of course per info disclosed in the coming weeks.
Keep dreaming

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I’m gonna go ahead and say it right now. The winner of this game will more than likely take 19 but I will say this. Burg vs ironton in week 13. Rather it’s at portsmouth or jackson that I can’t say but there will be a rematch

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I would tend to agree with you doggie. I hope all is well brother.
lotsa football to be played, lotsa big matchups.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

You can’t forget about Ridgewood in Region 19, they finished 10-2 last year, losing to Meadowbrook in the Regional Semifinals. They return just about everyone from last year and they’re preseason #4 in D5

6 of the Preseason top 10 are in Region 19.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

gonna be a rough division to not only win but compete for playoff rights in.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:49 am You can’t forget about Ridgewood in Region 19, they finished 10-2 last year, losing to Meadowbrook in the Regional Semifinals. They return just about everyone from last year and they’re preseason #4 in D5

Ridgewood is a solid program that does it right.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:49 am You can’t forget about Ridgewood in Region 19, they finished 10-2 last year, losing to Meadowbrook in the Regional Semifinals. They return just about everyone from last year and they’re preseason #4 in D5

Like I said, Region 19 is stacked this year!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:40 pm oh the almighty soc eh.
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:02 pm

The same reason Burg wants to smash Ironton every year. And the same reason everyone wants Ironton to fail. Yea, I get it.

But let's not get back to comparing the SOCII to the ovc. There is no comparison.

I did this last year but I will add to it....Last 11 years....SOC II is 95-17 against the OVC.

Wheelersburg is 23-0
West 31-5
Valley 27-9
Minford 11-1
Waverly 3-2

There is literally zero comparison.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

If you wish to include Oak Hill into the mix since they’re moving up to the SOC2 this year, in the past 11 years, Oak Hill is 17-8 in that same time frame. That would bring the total to 112-25.

Return to “Football”