Final: Jackson 23 Wellston 6

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Week 1...Jackson vs Wellston...The Finale

Post by Ground Buck »

I realize it's a loooooooooonnnnnnnngggg shot, but I'm pulling for Wellston in this one. We need the points. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 pm I realize it's a loooooooooonnnnnnnngggg shot, but I'm pulling for Wellston in this one. We need the points. :mrgreen:
After watching Ny scrimmage twice , I’m
Sure you would be happy with any points !

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:13 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:41 pm Like to see Jackson establish the run and use more quick passes. Either way the offense as a whole must get better ASAP
well said......I think once they start to click and the confidence level goes up we will see what they truly are capable of....there is no lack of talent for sure so the pieces are definitely there for it to be put together...…if we can keep people positive behind the team and not start turmoil they will start rolling full head of steam.....do you know how many games the all-state parks kid has to sit out???.....I know the Wellston game for sure but is it into week 2 as well????
Talked to a wrestling buddy yesterday from Jackson and was told the 3 game ban was reduced to 1 game.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Shane Falco wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:09 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:41 pm Like to see Jackson establish the run and use more quick passes. Either way the offense as a whole must get better ASAP
well said......I think once they start to click and the confidence level goes up we will see what they truly are capable of....there is no lack of talent for sure so the pieces are definitely there for it to be put together...…if we can keep people positive behind the team and not start turmoil they will start rolling full head of steam.....do you know how many games the all-state parks kid has to sit out???.....I know the Wellston game for sure but is it into week 2 as well????
Talked to a wrestling buddy yesterday from Jackson and was told the 3 game ban was reduced to 1 game.
My understanding is that he is out for only the Wellston game because he already served the rest of his suspension during track. To my knowledge, nothing was reduced.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

5 games suspensions , can be reduced to 2 games if attend a class . Served 1 game in the spring during track , and will serve game 2 Friday . Brice has been banged up some with a hamstring , so I’m sure he’ll recover this week and be ready to roll for Athens. Hes the leader of the Jackson defense so having him back will be huge .

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:04 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 pm I realize it's a loooooooooonnnnnnnngggg shot, but I'm pulling for Wellston in this one. We need the points. :mrgreen:
After watching Ny scrimmage twice , I’m
Sure you would be happy with any points !
Yes, very happy. Hopefully having our best scoring threats finally healthy and playing we'll put some points on the board. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Everyone wants Wellston to win Ground Chuck. Could you imagine the meltdown Andy would have?

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:18 pm

5 games suspensions , can be reduced to 2 games if attend a class . Served 1 game in the spring during track , and will serve game 2 Friday . Brice has been banged up some with a hamstring , so I’m sure he’ll recover this week and be ready to roll for Athens. Hes the leader of the Jackson defense so having him back will be huge .
Good for him.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 pm Everyone wants Wellston to win Ground Chuck. Could you imagine the meltdown Andy would have?
The great thing about Athens and Jackson trash talk this year is it will be decided on the field .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

clocks ticking down...…….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Wellston Boyy46
Waterboy

Post by Wellston Boyy46 »

I honestly think Jackson is coming in here too high headed. This Wellston team is something different. Jackson is down, which is unusual. We have a stud QB in RJ and Rylan has really picked up his running game, I think he will score some touchdowns against the Ironmen defense. They wont be able to stop our height on on the edges. I am predicting 55-14 in favor of Wellston.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wellston Boyy46 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:06 am I honestly think Jackson is coming in here too high headed. This Wellston team is something different. Jackson is down, which is unusual. We have a stud QB in RJ and Rylan has really picked up his running game, I think he will score some touchdowns against the Ironmen defense. They wont be able to stop our height on on the edges. I am predicting 55-14 in favor of Wellston.
Fake

IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Post by IronTough2 »

Basic rules. Limit turnovers. Get some first downs or stops to establish momentum. The Ironmen are talented and can be a special team but they have to pay attention to the details. Take pride in winning their battles up front consistently and good things happen. We get better Saturday night! Go Big Red!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

would love to see Wellston win but it won't happen. Jackson by three touchdowns.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 pm Everyone wants Wellston to win Ground Chuck. Could you imagine the meltdown Andy would have?
Probably similar to the “meltdown” he had last time it happened. Go 9-1, win the league, and go to the playoffs.

You’re easily the most annoying poster on this whole site. Congrats on the honor.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 pm Everyone wants Wellston to win
Not me.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wellston Boyy46 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:06 am I honestly think Jackson is coming in here too high headed. This Wellston team is something different. Jackson is down, which is unusual. We have a stud QB in RJ and Rylan has really picked up his running game, I think he will score some touchdowns against the Ironmen defense. They wont be able to stop our height on on the edges. I am predicting 55-14 in favor of Wellston.

wow that is a bold statement......not quite sure Jackson is down nor what the statement of stopping your "height" references to...…I just don't see Jackson giving up 55pnts nor only scoring 14...…..

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ironman02 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:55 pm
Probably similar to the “meltdown” he had last time it happened. Go 9-1, win the league, and go to the playoffs.

You’re easily the most annoying poster on this whole site. Congrats on the honor.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 pm Everyone wants Wellston to win
Not me.

I knew you would be behind the ironmen Trench......

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, until they play my Chiefs, and after. :)

Return to “Football”