Week 1: River Valley @ Coal Grove

Moose2175
Waterboy

Re: Week 1: River Valley @ Coal Grove

Post by Moose2175 »

By your logic coal grove would be terrible..

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:36 am Aren’t all the coaches and the AD county school grads?
That should tell you something.
That’s the very definition of inbreeding, which doesn’t usually work out too well.
Nope

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

We definitely showed our athleticism! Just frustrating to watch such great athletes get wasted! Then turn around and be so undisciplined. 2nd year coach with a huge and talented senior class being the root of the penalties, just sad! Still expecting a big year after the next 2 games, just have to get everyone healthy and get some discipline.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

The boys will be fine. It was the 1st game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

RyanLeaf wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:29 am How do you have all off season to fix an offense maybe averaging 7 points a game since you took over and this is what you come up with? 6 points vs RH in Jamboree, 0 points vs CG.
7.6 ppg over that time span. The RV defense seems to be much improved so far this season though. The Raiders have a tough non conference schedule in the first three weeks. I think RV will see more offensive success when they get into TVC play. Give it time.

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

Dundas wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 pm
RyanLeaf wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:29 am How do you have all off season to fix an offense maybe averaging 7 points a game since you took over and this is what you come up with? 6 points vs RH in Jamboree, 0 points vs CG.
7.6 ppg over that time span. The RV defense seems to be much improved so far this season though. The Raiders have a tough non conference schedule in the first three weeks. I think RV will see more offensive success when they get into TVC play. Give it time.
I agree..this is the last year for a lot of these teams that rv will have in early season..if your rv that’s a very tough first 4 games to open with

Black n silver
Waterboy

Post by Black n silver »

Cole Young getting 1 carry the whole game?!?! Absurd!

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

Black n silver wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:11 am Cole Young getting 1 carry the whole game?!?! Absurd!
Cole young is talented..but he was injured..again..so durability is definately in question..hard to depend on someone like that

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

The schedule makers did them no favors. My question, who scheduled these games?CG, GA and PHS is a lot tougher than facing Eastern, FH and SP.
Dundas wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Being we have no sports going on, I am watching games from last season and this one is up now.
So I am going to comment on it just like I was watching live.
Love the kickoff return for the touchdown by River Valley.
Catch the ball look up field see the field and run to the endzone.
From what I could see #53 for Coal Grove looked really good in the 1st quarter.
14-7 Coal Grove after one
It looks like all three of the Hornets runners run hard and do not mind getting hit.

In the 2nd quarter (really first half) it looked like River Valley could throw the ball anytime they wanted. Very soft coverage, so far by the Hornets.
River Valley return teams seem to own the game, in the opening half. Of course the QB needed to be a little better with accuracy and the receivers needed to hang onto the ball better.
20-7 Coal Grove at the half.
At this point this one is over.
Just my thoughts as I am watching.

I found it funny the guy doing the game in the 3rd quarter said Ironton recruits everyone's good player in the area.
Wow!!! I dislike saying it looked like a team quit but it really did look like River Valley quit playing after half time.
Coal Grove did what ever they wanted for the most part in the quarter.
32-7 after three.

32-7
Love how Coal Grove got so many players in.

Return to “Football”