Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Bishop Hartley @ Wheelersburg

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:20 pm
14U wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:22 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm

Ironton gashed burgs offensive line. Seemed like they penetrated at will. Hartley is gonna eat good.
Wasn’t there but did find a live feed after the lightning delay. It was 10-6. Then Ironton fumbled in a wheelersburg players arms but he lost it, after that it Ironton went to score. Like I said only know what I saw from feed from that time of the game! The QB in at that time did ok getting ball out and scrabbling.

They actually fumbled twice on that drive plus Burg had the defensive chop block on that drive. They had Ironton in what would have been 3rd and long on the 45 but instead got the 15 yard penalty that put the ball on the 30 and a first down. Three big plays on one drive.
Defensive chop blocking certainly exists.

Let me guess.....Ironton was in power I and Burg chopped the legs out from under the lead blocker? Penalty every time . Not sure what the gripe is. It's called looking out for the health of the player.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:06 pm Hate to hear that about Mathews.
Miller was probably going to be the starting QB and he's out. I was hearing Nunley was going to start in the backfield now he's out. Now Mathews is out.
Even with the depth Burg has, that's tough to overcome.
If Mathews has a true clavicle fracture, it will heal within 4 to 8 weeks. Then he has to be cleared to play. 4-weeks is the most favorable, but I've seen this injury be season ending. I guess it all depends how severe the fracture.
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:25 pm
callie15 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:21 pm Pure stupidity for who ever scheduled a school like hartley
I credit Burgs ambition but its gonna be another very physical week for the pirates and after back to back brawls vs Ironton and Hartley, Ashland is gonna be licking their lips. 👀
Ashland might be in for a rude awakening come week 3! Never underestimate a team playing with house money! Ashland will be the weakest team burg faces the first 3 weeks by far!
Those are all good points.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hartley will win easily and Ashland should beat them the next week. Burg should still win the conference barring anymore injuries to key players in the next couple weeks. If Mathews returns later in the year I would think by that time the QB situation would be resolved and he would not be put in harm's way at that position but the coach will decide that. He's only around 5'9" and a buck 70 anyway and it don't take a rocket scientist to figure out who the other team is coming after first if he's back there taking the snaps. If a freshman or sophomore has to step it up at that position it is trial by fire but they'll get the experience early. They definitely layed an egg in the first half friday night and this week won't be any better. We'll see how they progress before playoff time .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Where’s the Dogg at? One loss and he can’t fire up the band?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:20 pm
14U wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:22 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm

Ironton gashed burgs offensive line. Seemed like they penetrated at will. Hartley is gonna eat good.
Wasn’t there but did find a live feed after the lightning delay. It was 10-6. Then Ironton fumbled in a wheelersburg players arms but he lost it, after that it Ironton went to score. Like I said only know what I saw from feed from that time of the game! The QB in at that time did ok getting ball out and scrabbling.

They actually fumbled twice on that drive plus Burg had the defensive chop block on that drive. They had Ironton in what would have been 3rd and long on the 45 but instead got the 15 yard penalty that put the ball on the 30 and a first down. Three big plays on one drive.
Yes I knew there were three but the biggest one was the first at midfield after scoring and score 10-6. You get that ball back then it’s a different story. Ironton just gave up a big score and now the ball. We will never know! These are kids and things happen and still will in their young lives, they will find a way to bounce back!!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

buckeyeball wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:19 pm
14U wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 pm My opinion is go with one QB and that Masters kid seems to look like the future and a true QB. He is a Sophomore? If so,keep him back there for 3 years. That might open the field up and keep all the big hits off Mathews.
I’ve been hearing this a lot . I think myself and many others from what I’ve heard would also agree with you. Yes he’s a sophomore and Like the other post said, implement him and build around him . He did well for his first varsity appearance for the cards he was dealt with . Burg can bounce back . But no matter who’s at QB next week, Hartley will be a tough one.
Yes you are right about next team up but get him some snaps before Ashland and rest of schedule. Burg will end up 8-2 and with that schedule is good. On to playoffs and everybody will see the biggest game of the year, Ironton again with a true QB, line gelled, different story when the game means more.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Could be a tough start for Wheelersburg. Ashland has two good backs. The Burg could start out 0-3

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:06 pm Hate to hear that about Mathews.
Miller was probably going to be the starting QB and he's out. I was hearing Nunley was going to start in the backfield now he's out. Now Mathews is out.
Even with the depth Burg has, that's tough to overcome.
Yep ur right!! Not just out for a week or weeks but for the season and that hurts bad losing a field general in QB Miller, RB Nunley and now ur everything threat Mathews. With the non conference schedule burg puts up every years, that’s a killer for a d-V school.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Mathews out at least two per his mom on fb. Mild grade 3 separation ac joint.

Chop block was a horrible call. Not that it changed the game, but it was a big stop
JMO

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I hope Burg can keep it close. Hartley really put it on my Bulldogs in the 4th last year. Felt like they had 100 players dressed lol

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

NewEra wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:29 am Where’s the Dogg at? One loss and he can’t fire up the band?
The dogg is still here. Don’t u worry

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Bishop Hartley 38
Burg 17

As much as I want to this this be a game. I don’t see it happening. Hartley by as much as they want

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:48 am Mathews out at least two per his mom on fb. Mild grade 3 separation ac joint.

Chop block was a horrible call. Not that it changed the game, but it was a big stop
JMO
👍...yes it was! MO breaker! Bernie and crew are good mo breakers, but I don't know if they are quite up to Dean and the M boys level yet!

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:42 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:48 am Mathews out at least two per his mom on fb. Mild grade 3 separation ac joint.

JMO
👍...yes it was! MO breaker! Bernie and crew are good mo breakers, but I don't know if they are quite up to Dean and the M boys level yet!
Agreed. Have known all those guys it seems like 25 years. Good guys. Even Larry, who had that flag. Just didn’t fit that game.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Welcome back s e v...

14U
S

Post by 14U »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:23 am Hartley will win easily and Ashland should beat them the next week. Burg should still win the conference barring anymore injuries to key players in the next couple weeks. If Mathews returns later in the year I would think by that time the QB situation would be resolved and he would not be put in harm's way at that position but the coach will decide that. He's only around 5'9" and a buck 70 anyway and it don't take a rocket scientist to figure out who the other team is coming after first if he's back there taking the snaps. If a freshman or sophomore has to step it up at that position it is trial by fire but they'll get the experience early. They definitely layed an egg in the first half friday night and this week won't be any better. We'll see how they progress before playoff time .
My opinion only, but I see burg coaches going back to the drawing board knowing 2 starters out for yearQB,RB with Mathews week by week working either one of true QB’s for Ashland and SOC play. Burg could put a 8-2 record going into a week 11. Masters looked good when he came in second half from what I saw on live feed.

Return to “Football”