Final: Jackson 31 Athens 26

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Re: Athens (0-1) vs Jackson (1-0)

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Easy man. It's been stated in a couple threads on here that he was suspended. Now the talk is getting him back. If people put it out there, I'm inclined to wonder why he was suspended to begin with. It was not a harmful question

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:27 pm Easy man. It's been stated in a couple threads on here that he was suspended. Now the talk is getting him back. If people put it out there, I'm inclined to wonder why he was suspended to begin with. It was not a harmful question
To get 5 games can’t be good

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:27 pm Easy man. It's been stated in a couple threads on here that he was suspended. Now the talk is getting him back. If people put it out there, I'm inclined to wonder why he was suspended to begin with. It was not a harmful question
It was not. You are a good poster on here.

Kid is going to be hungry Friday

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:10 am Why was Parks suspended?
Great kid , poor decision. Served his suspension and now he can start his senior season. Should be a great atmosphere in Athens Friday.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When answering about someone being suspended---please put it in a PM and not on the board if you must relay the info.

Thank You

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He has served his time....the first team all-Ohio defensive player and wrestler will be primed and ready. He is as advertised. Pound for pound the scariest defensive player around.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I will guess

Jackson 27
Athens 14

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

I'll take Jackson by one score if Jackson's QB takes care of the ball. If Athens has time to throw they will make this interesting. Parks is a run stopper at safety but this week he will need to be patient in the pass game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

If Jackson will be Jackson the game maybe worse than we think. The offensive unknowns will keep people guessing. Making you prepare for 2-3different things but it takes an awfully good group of kids to be able to do that and even at that high school level it’s very tough to do. Hope they find some success in one of their identities. Athens has never been a physical type program and just don’t see them being able to play Jackson physicality for 4qrters. Jackson defense not have always been good against the pass through the years but getting a hungry all-state defensive player added back to an already smothering defense Jackson should be able to take it to a athens on the scoreboard as well as on the field. Jackson 28-14

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:23 am If Jackson will be Jackson the game maybe worse than we think. The offensive unknowns will keep people guessing. Making you prepare for 2-3different things but it takes an awfully good group of kids to be able to do that and even at that high school level it’s very tough to do. Hope they find some success in one of their identities. Athens has never been a physical type program and just don’t see them being able to play Jackson physicality for 4qrters. Jackson defense not have always been good against the pass through the years but getting a hungry all-state defensive player added back to an already smothering defense Jackson should be able to take it to a athens on the scoreboard as well as on the field. Jackson 28-14
Never?

Athens - 49
Jackson - 0

Athens - 21
Jackson - 14

... The results of the last two meetings.

BTW, the games in '89 and '90 were absolute slobber knockers ,,, both teams very physical.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:22 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:23 am If Jackson will be Jackson the game maybe worse than we think. The offensive unknowns will keep people guessing. Making you prepare for 2-3different things but it takes an awfully good group of kids to be able to do that and even at that high school level it’s very tough to do. Hope they find some success in one of their identities. Athens has never been a physical type program and just don’t see them being able to play Jackson physicality for 4qrters. Jackson defense not have always been good against the pass through the years but getting a hungry all-state defensive player added back to an already smothering defense Jackson should be able to take it to a athens on the scoreboard as well as on the field. Jackson 28-14
Never?

Athens - 49
Jackson - 0

Athens - 21
Jackson - 14

BTW, the games in '89 and '90 were absolute slobber knockers ,,, both teams very physical.
lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:44 pm
Well, he did get anywhere near 5 games. He’s missing 1 football game

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 am
He also missed 4 track meets at the end of the spring season. The kid is a good kid who made a mistake, and he paid the proportional price for it and apologized to his team and coaches. By the way, his teammates certainly saw his contrition because they voted him team captain. Let it go, folks.
It amazes me that some folks wouldn’t be satisfied unless the kid was stoned to death.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBen wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:22 am

He also missed 4 track meets at the end of the spring season. The kid is a good kid who made a mistake, and he paid the proportional price for it and apologized to his team and coaches. By the way, his teammates certainly saw his contrition because they voted him team captain. Let it go, folks.
It amazes me that some folks wouldn’t be satisfied unless the kid was stoned to death.
He’s playing Friday, no need to lie.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Lie??

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:22 am
Never?

Athens - 49
Jackson - 0

Athens - 21
Jackson - 14

Ehh, point taken from countywide35. No harm in generalizing that the Ironman are known for a ground and pound offense and stingy defense. No harm in generalizing that the Bulldogs are known for their offense and not their defense (remember Athens scored what almost 60 points in the state finals and lost). So I get countywide's comment. Can't pick 2 games from 30 years ago from the old SEOAL days and say that represents what the team is like now. I assume the last two meetings mentioned were the Burrow era. What about the ones in between or during the 80-90 or so years in the SEOAL who leads the series? My guess the Ironmen have twice as many league titles as Athens.

The game will be interesting (I saw the Ironton scrimmage with Jackson). Defensively Jackson may struggle with all the underneath passing stuff Athens will throw at them, and I expect Athens to try and capitalize on Jackson's defense pursuit with some screens. Jackson will probably be Jackson and make it a physical contest and be content with 4+ yards a carry...Athens will counter with stacking the box...I think this will be a good game overall. At end of day I will trust Larry Hall to have his defense group ready, and it will be up to the Jackson offense to put up some points. High teens or low twenties sort of game with the Ironmen winning. .
Last edited by Abe Froman on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBen wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:39 pm
Lie??
PM me for this talk

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:11 pm

Lie??
PM me for this talk
I believe it was Nick Saban who found himself making a decision about the fate of a boy on his team who had done something wrong. He chose to suspend him for a period of time, and many were crying about the boy should have been kicked off the team. I don’t know the exact circumstances but Saban asked an important question about the fate of this kid if he were to kick him off....would the kid be better off if he were returned to the horrible conditions where he came from or kept on the team to learn his lesson and hopefully pull himself out of it. Im sure the circumstances are not the same here, but I’m just saying that second chances (with appropriate punishment) is certainly worth it. Just my thoughts

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBen wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:10 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:11 pm
Lie??
PM me for this talk
I believe it was Nick Saban who found himself making a decision about the fate of a boy on his team who had done something wrong. He chose to suspend him for a period of time, and many were crying about the boy should have been kicked off the team. I don’t know the exact circumstances but Saban asked an important question about the fate of this kid if he were to kick him off....would the kid be better off if he were returned to the horrible conditions where he came from or kept on the team to learn his lesson and hopefully pull himself out of it. Im sure the circumstances are not the same here, but I’m just saying that second chances (with appropriate punishment) is certainly worth it. Just my thoughts
Not one person disagrees with you on the point you are making.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Lord have mercy 😂
One thing for sure he is one of the top defensive players in the area. Can’t wait to get him back.

Return to “Football”