Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

XandO72
JV Team

Re: Bishop Hartley @ Wheelersburg

Post by XandO72 »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm
XandO72 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:21 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 am This post is in defense of Wheelersburg's coaching and not to disrespect Ironton's.
To the poster above claiming he witnessed Woodward get outcoached...Its easy to "outcoach" someone when you are the coach with players of superior talent. Coach Woodward and staff are as good of staff as you will find in any division in the state of Ohio. Their track record and program's success speaks for itself. Anyone on here trashing the Burg's coaching is plain and simple 1 of 2 things...1. Jealous or 2. An idiot.
And by the way I have no affiliation with either school

Well now hold on. Which is it? Prior to the game the burg base said

"we dont rebuild we reload."
"Superior team speed."
"Superior coaching"

Etc etc etc.

So it's not the case now? 😂😂😂
Dude you got the W in Week 1, now have some class (act like you been there before - even if it was a heckuva long time ago)
These are fair questions. I didnt make the claims. That was Burgs fan base. 🤷‍♂️

So which is it?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

XandO72 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:35 pm

Dude you got the W in Week 1, now have some class (act like you been there before - even if it was a heckuva long time ago)
These are fair questions. I didnt make the claims. That was Burgs fan base. 🤷‍♂️

So which is it?
Those fair questions were answered last week. It is Week 2 now, not understanding the need to "gloat". You may need to answer them again after Week 10. Let's hope so it would be a heckuva a rematch. Good luck the rest of the way out.

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 am This post is in defense of Wheelersburg's coaching and not to disrespect Ironton's.
To the poster above claiming he witnessed Woodward get outcoached...Its easy to "outcoach" someone when you are the coach with players of superior talent. Coach Woodward and staff are as good of staff as you will find in any division in the state of Ohio. Their track record and program's success speaks for itself. Anyone on here trashing the Burg's coaching is plain and simple 1 of 2 things...1. Jealous or 2. An idiot.
And by the way I have no affiliation with either school

"Superior team speed."
"Superior coaching"

Etc etc etc.

Looks like you're still running your mouth to a fan base that hasn't done a thing to you. They are moving on so how about you do the same. Support your team without criticizing another. Be Good example, not some internet troll.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 am
XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:42 pmYou either win or lose and after its complete, nobody cares about your aspired personal ambition. The only metric that is measured is wins against losses. The sentiment is great and commendable. But unless ya hang W's to go along with em - So what. 🤷‍♂️
And that sentiment is probably why Ironton downgraded its competition post-Lutz. Probably about time to trade out Wheelersburg for a Symmes Valley or a South Gallia. Maybe start dodging those KY schools too. Put up an awesome 10-0 season and then get running clocked in week 11 and call it "success." Wouldn't be the first team to do it.
Didn't that happen to Burg a couple years ago? or was it week 12?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

knightruner wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:00 pm
sapientia et veritas wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 am
XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:42 pmYou either win or lose and after its complete, nobody cares about your aspired personal ambition. The only metric that is measured is wins against losses. The sentiment is great and commendable. But unless ya hang W's to go along with em - So what. 🤷‍♂️
And that sentiment is probably why Ironton downgraded its competition post-Lutz. Probably about time to trade out Wheelersburg for a Symmes Valley or a South Gallia. Maybe start dodging those KY schools too. Put up an awesome 10-0 season and then get running clocked in week 11 and call it "success." Wouldn't be the first team to do it.
Didn't that happen to Burg a couple years ago? or was it week 12?
I think the last time burg had a running clock on them other than Hartley last year. Was 2014 when coldwater beat them in week 14.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Props to burg for scheduling this game. I think Hartley wins but I think the score is closer than last year. Burg is too well coached to struggle all year and They will get it figured out. Hoping for a clean game and no injuries.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The only thing that matters in this game is the pirates remaining healthy. I wish the best for the players. Compete and move on!

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

6-4 at best as I see it. and SOC is not a lock in my eyes either. What I get a chuckle at is during game and right after all these posters on here questioning the play calls and the way the game is being played also saying the players are playing in wrong postions , wow. Its kind hilarious reading these from the Coaches on the computer.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

"Superior team speed."
"Superior coaching"

Etc etc etc.

So which is it?
Why don't you go to the Ironton game's page rather than sitting here trying to talk about last weeks game.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:55 am

So which is it?
Why don't you go to the Ironton game's page rather than sitting here trying to talk about last weeks game.
Awww. Lol. Shew. The burg base sure leads w their emotions. 😂

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

What’s the scouting report on The Burg. Who are key players to watch?

What food places are around?

What’s the parking situation for visitors?

Will Father Yokum yell at me for freeing Peter from his chains?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Scouting report on Wheelersburg
Spread team, rpo and usual O. Can run power. Young at spots like qb and backfield. Line is seasoned, and not overly huge, I’d say athletic.
Defense is fast and athletic. Strength up the middle with our Lb’s and safety’s. We have some young kids learning and adapting to the speed of the game.
Special teams are as usual. Great kicker.
Coach Woodward says this is his strongest and fastest team.

Eating is a must at the scioto ribber in Portsmouth. Smoked ribs chicken and steaks that are like butta, and they make they’re own brew. If your looking for lighter fair, there’s a bdubs in Portsmouth along with the Portsmouth brewing company. Great wings beer and pizza
In Wheelersburg, local love Fred’s restaurant, pan heads pizza and Mistys kone Shoppe
And of course the concession stand has great food including radar burgers

Parking is tight, Burg travels well and people come to home games

As far as peter and his chains, you’re on your own

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 pm What’s the scouting report on The Burg. Who are key players to watch?

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:10 pm Scouting report on Wheelersburg
Spread team, rpo and usual O. Can run power. Young at spots like qb and backfield. Line is seasoned, and not overly huge, I’d say athletic.
Defense is fast and athletic. Strength up the middle with our Lb’s and safety’s. We have some young kids learning and adapting to the speed of the game.
Special teams are as usual. Great kicker.
Coach Woodward says this is his strongest and fastest team.

Eating is a must at the scioto ribber in Portsmouth. Smoked ribs chicken and steaks that are like butta, and they make they’re own brew. If your looking for lighter fair, there’s a bdubs in Portsmouth along with the Portsmouth brewing company. Great wings beer and pizza
In Wheelersburg, local love Fred’s restaurant, pan heads pizza and Mistys kone Shoppe
And of course the concession stand has great food including radar burgers

Parking is tight, Burg travels well and people come to home games

As far as peter and his chains, you’re on your own
Absolutely love the Fred’s haven’t ate there in years but it’s awesome

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 pm What’s the scouting report on The Burg. Who are key players to watch?

Burgs offense is more run heavy than in recent years. Running backs are young but run hard. # 26 will get the bulk of the carries. Will be #14 first varsity start (Sophomore qb). Oline is pretty much the same as last year. Fast and strong. Defensive side we seem to be more vulnerable up the middle, but have great lateral pursuit. Defense is quick. Dbs cover routes well. Curious to see how our smaller lines match up. As far as parking goes, you shouldn’t have any problem getting a spot in the stadium lot. Just a bottle neck when leaving. Over all I think you will like the atmosphere at burg. Safe travels.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Hartley huge. Wheelersburg is average.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Highly recommend Fred’s in Wheelersburg the pizza is amazing if you don’t mind spending some money the ribber in Portsmouth is pretty famous for their ribs and steaks plus is really close to the flood walls murals that’s cool to see

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Father Yokum will blow a gasket!!!!!! :D

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I suggest eating at Freds. Take the new highway in Lucasville (823) and take you right in to Wheelersburg.

Return to “Football”