Final: Trimble 46 Belpre 0

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 2: Trimble @ Belpre

Post by Shotgun red »

Bone dust wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:23 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pm
The “Basement88” wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:01 pm
Belpre Coach ONLY knows WV football he knows nothing about Ohio Football! The Kitty Cats will roll for as much as they want!!
He coached Caldwell for years and got them to the elite 8.
Who care where he coached rusty Richards is one of the best football minds I know and it didn't help NY
You make a great point Bone!

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:03 pm Belpre is not going to win but if anyone says Coach Duvol doesn’t know Ohio football you’re just being silly. He’s won at every program he’s been at. He even was a winner at Warren.
I could tell a huge difference last year - and it was just week 2 of his first year at Belpre. Players were much more disciplined. I liked what I saw, Trimble was just too much for them. But I'm pretty sure they got the right guy down on the river.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble by a lot

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:03 pm Belpre is not going to win but if anyone says Coach Duvol doesn’t know Ohio football you’re just being silly. He’s won at every program he’s been at. He even was a winner at Warren.
I could tell a huge difference last year - and it was just week 2 of his first year at Belpre. Players were much more disciplined. I liked what I saw, Trimble was just too much for them. But I'm pretty sure they got the right guy down on the river.
I don’t claim to be an expert on the TVC, but am I wrong to think that Belpre has always been the second or third most talented TVC-Hocking team for years now yet had always underachieved for one reason or another?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:07 pm
I don’t claim to be an expert on the TVC, but am I wrong to think that Belpre has always been the second or third most talented TVC-Hocking team for years now yet had always underachieved for one reason or another?
Hmmmmmm maybe some truth to that. I dont think they were as talented - or as good - as the Trimble, Waterford teams the last 4 or 5 years. So winning a league title wasnt really a possibility. They did make the playoffs a few years ago ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think the 'underachieve' tag fits Belpre basketball more than anything. I've often thought they had some of the best talent in the league, but would finish 3rd or 4th or even 5th sometimes.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:07 pm

Hmmmmmm maybe some truth to that. I dont think they were as talented - or as good - as the Trimble, Waterford teams the last 4 or 5 years. So winning a league title wasnt really a possibility. They did make the playoffs a few years ago ...
I guess I’m basing this idea off the fact they lost to both Miller and Southern in 16 and 17. Southern seems more plausible for Belpre to lose to, but there’s really no way Miller was more talented those years than Belpre. Maybe there was better coaching then, but no way was Miller more talented across the board than Belpre those years. Right?!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:14 pm I think the 'underachieve' tag fits Belpre basketball more than anything. I've often thought they had some of the best talent in the league, but would finish 3rd or 4th or even 5th sometimes.
That’s fair. They missed on an opportunity to compete for a district title, in my amateur and distant opinion, when that sharpshooter transferred to Parkersburg Catholic, like 3-4 years ago.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

The “Basement88” wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:01 pm Belpre Coach ONLY knows WV football he knows nothing about Ohio Football!
200+ wins in Ohio alone would say differently.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

That's a Nelsonville guy, or guys, saying those things trying to act like they're from Trimble. When Rusty went over the hill they went with him and now they're sore that Phil's been handing it to Rusty so they get on here and talk trash pretending to be Trimble fans.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Trimble Juvenile wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:34 pm
That's a Nelsonville guy, or guys, saying those things trying to act like they're from Trimble. When Rusty went over the hill they went with him and now they're sore that Phil's been handing it to Rusty so they get on here and talk trash pretending to be Trimble fans.
Hey juvenile shouldn't you be in school and not on here talking crap you know nothing about
I'm pretty sure that people from nelsonville wouldn't act like they are trimble after last week

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Bone dust wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:04 pm
Hey juvenile shouldn't you be in school and not on here talking crap you know nothing about
I'm pretty sure that people from nelsonville wouldn't act like they are trimble after last week
Prime example you are and thanks for vindicating my claim. :mrgreen:

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

:lol:
Trimble Juvenile wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:56 pm
Bone dust wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:04 pm

Prime example you are and thanks for vindicating my claim. :mrgreen:

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Trimble names the score in this one

Hitmam23
Waterboy

Post by Hitmam23 »

It’s gonna get Ugly

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

1 day away. I predict 34-0 Trimble

Its all in the hips
100% Tomcat
Waterboy

Post by 100% Tomcat »

Belpre has underachieved??? They have been bad for a while now. Going to the playoffs wasn’t a accomplishment either. Someone had to be the third place team in the Hocking and beat all the other bums. The Eagles better enjoy this season because what I seen tonight from their Jr High the future is dark....very dark! Cats will roll....for 9 straight weeks!

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Happy McGavin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:14 am 1 day away. I predict 34-0 Trimble
You have to keep in mind when you play at Belpre all bets are off. They have their own brand of officials over there in WV. :mrgreen:

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Gets old hearing about refs cheating I mean they are probably not even from there and all this talk about trimble shutting everyone out and now making excuses bc they found out belpre is better then they think

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Bone dust wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:21 pm Gets old hearing about refs cheating I mean they are probably not even from there and all this talk about trimble shutting everyone out and now making excuses bc they found out belpre is better then they think
I see you're still sore about your orange boys getting pommeled. :lol:

Return to “Football”