A new SEO Conference

meatswinger
JV Team

Re: A new SEO Conference

Post by meatswinger »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:19 am I've always thought there was a way to build a super conference that would benefit basically all schools. At first glance I'd look at something like this..

DIVISION 1

Jackson
Wheelersburg
Ironton
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe

DIVISION 2

Portsmouth West
Portsmouth
Fairland
Valley
Minford
South Point

DIVISION 3

Symmes Valley
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Northwest

DIVISION 4

Green
Notre Dame
East
Western
Eastern
Manchester

Division 1 is loaded and would be great for all teams. Still leaves plenty of Out-of-Conference games available to keep other rivalries alive.

Division 2 isn't too bad of a drive. Lucasville to Fairland wouldn't be the most fun, but with the bypass it has gotten quicker/better.

Division 3 is actually within close proximity to each other other than Northwest. This is about the only division competitively I can think about putting them in, although the drives definitely wouldn't be fun for NW.

Division 4 is small and with Western seemingly starting football all 6 schools should be up and running by next season (or the year after). The drives here aren't as ideal but heck the SOC 1 is already widely dispersed anyway with the Pike County Schools and Symmes Valley.

Obviously this needs some resurrecting but as a basic outline it's not the worst idea you'll see today.
With the imminent disbanding of the TVC Hocking I would like to see SG in that D4 division. They can play with those schools. Hopefully this will come about and SG will have a home again.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

meatswinger wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:08 pm
With the imminent disbanding of the TVC Hocking I would like to see SG in that D4 division. They can play with those schools. Hopefully this will come about and SG will have a home again.
I would agree with that -- South Gallia would be a nice addition to that conference. If Western did suspend football as Tartanblue outlined, swap South Gallia and it looks like a pretty good small conference.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:51 am Man, I love this idea. Swap Athens for Chillicothe, maybe? An hour's distance from Ptown, Ironton, West, and Burg, give or take. Hour from Gallipolis. Half hour from Jackson and Waverly. Competitive, year in and year out.
Solid suggestion

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:33 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:51 am Man, I love this idea. Swap Athens for Chillicothe, maybe? An hour's distance from Ptown, Ironton, West, and Burg, give or take. Hour from Gallipolis. Half hour from Jackson and Waverly. Competitive, year in and year out.
I like this idea alot
Same

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:19 am I've always thought there was a way to build a super conference that would benefit basically all schools. At first glance I'd look at something like this..

DIVISION 1

Jackson
Wheelersburg
Ironton
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe

DIVISION 2

Portsmouth West
Portsmouth
Fairland
Valley
Minford
South Point

DIVISION 3

Symmes Valley
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Northwest

DIVISION 4

Green
Notre Dame
East
Western
Eastern
Manchester

Division 1 is loaded and would be great for all teams. Still leaves plenty of Out-of-Conference games available to keep other rivalries alive.

Division 2 isn't too bad of a drive. Lucasville to Fairland wouldn't be the most fun, but with the bypass it has gotten quicker/better.

Division 3 is actually within close proximity to each other other than Northwest. This is about the only division competitively I can think about putting them in, although the drives definitely wouldn't be fun for NW.

Division 4 is small and with Western seemingly starting football all 6 schools should be up and running by next season (or the year after). The drives here aren't as ideal but heck the SOC 1 is already widely dispersed anyway with the Pike County Schools and Symmes Valley.

Obviously this needs some resurrecting but as a basic outline it's not the worst idea you'll see today.
This is great!! Now let’s make it happen! Haha

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Athens ain't goin anywhere. Nelsonville York may be a good fit in their place. we do this every year. it's fun, but it hain't happnin'

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

chilli would be another great choice.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Switch Coal Grove and South Point..

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

as fun as this is to speculate. I speak for ironton fans , or should I say my own self. to say this is to speculate ironton is too big for the ovc. that we've outgrown or conquered. and that is not the case. there is much to do. and with the ressurgance of Portsmouth , ironton and gahs. well this is one tough conference. that is no disrespect intended to the original members. because frankly I have no idea who has what coming back , and who to emerge out of the original members. the same could be said for burg and the soc.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:31 am Athens ain't goin anywhere. Nelsonville York may be a good fit in their place. we do this every year. it's fun, but it hain't happnin'
NY is another solid suggestion.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Wheelersburg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe
Waverly.

8 team conference - leaves room to schedule up three O.O.C. games.

You ( ironton for example) could end up having a schedule that looks like this:

See if u notice a captivating detail. 👀

Coal Grove - out of conf
Ashland ( Paul Blazer) - out of conf
Columbus Bishop Hartley - out of conf
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Chillicothe
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg - in other words make the Ironton/Burg game always game 10 of the reg season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that would be epic. Portsmouth and burg to be the 9th and 10th game of ironton's schedule every year. this all sounds exciting. but I don't see ironton leaving the ovc. especially with travel. it's a fine league now. and there are way more sports than football to consider. that is what caved in the seoal. a league spread from Zanesville to Portsmouth. it was attainable in ways on Friday nights for football games. but made no sense at all with other sports. kids getting home at 1/2am. then having to go to school the next day. this would be very exciting if it ever came to fruition. but makes lil sense for teams to leave leagues they are currently in. logan, chilli, Nelsonville York, maybe even Washington court house would be exciting. but just too widespread.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I like the ovc now. I fought against it, and was against it. but I was a dinosaur holding on to the past. it makes perfect sence to keep the original members and add gahs, Portsmouth and ironton. and geographically makes much more sense. the farthest travel is from Portsmouth to gahs, and make no mistake that's a haul.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

XandO72 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:49 pm Wheelersburg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe
Waverly.

Coal Grove - out of conf
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Chillicothe
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg - in other words make the Ironton/Burg game always game 10 of the reg season.
[/quo

I love this idea but my idea for out of league is a little different. I say must play one out of state team a division bigger than you. Must play one MAC team in the two best small school leagues play one crossover game a year and the other game must be against a team at least one division above you. now you have 4 or more teams in the playoffs every year and they are all prepared to move past the first round.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:32 am
XandO72 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:49 pm Wheelersburg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe
Waverly.

Coal Grove - out of conf
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Chillicothe
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Portsmouth
[/quo

I love this idea but my idea for out of league is a little different. I say must play one out of state team a division bigger than you. Must play one MAC team in the two best small school leagues play one crossover game a year and the other game must be against a team at least one division above you. now you have 4 or more teams in the playoffs every year and they are all prepared to move past the first round.
Solid idea

Return to “Football”