Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Bishop Hartley @ Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

Larry Fine wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:38 am Hartley huge. Wheelersburg is average.
Yep. Just average 16-18 year olds. probably amount to nothing. :roll:

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

transplant wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:58 am
sapientia et veritas wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 pm What’s the scouting report on The Burg. Who are key players to watch?

What food places are around?

What’s the parking situation for visitors?

Will Father Yokum yell at me for freeing Peter from his chains?
I suggest eating at Freds. Take the new highway in Lucasville (823) and take you right in to Wheelersburg.

Panheadz > Fred's

Plus they have beer now.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

True, forgot about them. Only been there once, it was good. Either way, id eat in burg.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

From one Catholic to another you can get a pretty good slice of pizza in any town in Ohio. Do yourself a favor and check out the ribber. Ribeye is top 5 in the state but still under $30 plus several house beers to wash it down with. You will plan a return trip with your friends!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Blitz wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:20 am From one Catholic to another you can get a pretty good slice of pizza in any town in Ohio. Do yourself a favor and check out the ribber. Ribeye is top 5 in the state but still under $30 plus several house beers to wash it down with. You will plan a return trip with your friends!
They might say the Ribber is top 5 in the state but I have eaten steaks all over our country and several others. I've had $150 steak dinners in NYC on numerous occasions.

Never had anything, for any price, that even compares to the Ribber ribeye. All for under $30.

And several really good beers down there as well.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I've always been a huge proponent of scheduling up so props to Wheelersburg for scheduling such a challenge. Regardless of the result this will benefit Wheelersburg in the long run.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:50 am
Blitz wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:20 am From one Catholic to another you can get a pretty good slice of pizza in any town in Ohio. Do yourself a favor and check out the ribber. Ribeye is top 5 in the state but still under $30 plus several house beers to wash it down with. You will plan a return trip with your friends!
They might say the Ribber is top 5 in the state but I have eaten steaks all over our country and several others. I've had $150 steak dinners in NYC on numerous occasions.

Never had anything, for any price, that even compares to the Ribber ribeye. All for under $30.

Hard to disagree with that.

We had ribeyes before the game at Portsmouth last week and it was on point.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:50 am

I agree Red I just say top 5 to avoid arguing. To me it's #1 regardless but especially when you factor in the cost. but I admit i'm biased I eat there alot!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Pirates from this Fighting Tiger fan, got to stick with my Southeastern Ohio Brethren.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

transplant wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:58 am
sapientia et veritas wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 pm What’s the scouting report on The Burg. Who are key players to watch?

What food places are around?

What’s the parking situation for visitors?

Will Father Yokum yell at me for freeing Peter from his chains?
I suggest eating at Freds. Take the new highway in Lucasville (823) and take you right in to Wheelersburg.
That 823 Bypass is awesome, use it all the time, Freds is pretty darn good too.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Can’t argue with wheelersburg schedule they will play anyone it seems

Formerbenchwarmer
Waterboy

Post by Formerbenchwarmer »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:17 pm I was told earlier that Matthews is out for 3 weeks. Not sure that’s true or not. Big loss if so. Either way I’m picking Hartley. Kudos to burg for playing a tough team.
Out atleast a month last I heard

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Formerbenchwarmer wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:27 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:17 pm I was told earlier that Matthews is out for 3 weeks. Not sure that’s true or not. Big loss if so. Either way I’m picking Hartley. Kudos to burg for playing a tough team.
I could see him playing next week....
Call hom crazy, but he was catching balls last night at practice I was told

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:51 pm
Formerbenchwarmer wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:27 pm
I could see him playing next week....
Call hom crazy, but he was catching balls last night at practice I was told
It's the kids senior year. I don't think the best decision would be to play but knowing the fact that burgs QB played with a broken leg in the state game, I'm sure he won't sit out the whole 3-4 weeks. Good or bad decision, I guess we will find out in the upcoming weeks.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

He has a future after HS playing football so I don't see him jeopardizing that by coming back early.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:09 pm
knightruner wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:00 pm
sapientia et veritas wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 am And that sentiment is probably why Ironton downgraded its competition post-Lutz. Probably about time to trade out Wheelersburg for a Symmes Valley or a South Gallia. Maybe start dodging those KY schools too. Put up an awesome 10-0 season and then get running clocked in week 11 and call it "success." Wouldn't be the first team to do it.
Didn't that happen to Burg a couple years ago? or was it week 12?
I think the last time burg had a running clock on them other than Hartley last year. Was 2014 when coldwater beat them in week 14.
I believe your right. I believe burg has only had a running clock on them twice.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:32 pm He has a future after HS playing football so I don't see him jeopardizing that by coming back early.
I was going to say the same thing. If you’re getting division 1 looks or about to commit I wouldn’t come back early. Get hurt again those offers are gone. Sadly they will just move on to the next person.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Wife was wondering facilities for the visitors. Looks like a building in the south end zone on the Google satellite. Are the visitors allowed to use it?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 pm Wife was wondering facilities for the visitors. Looks like a building in the south end zone on the Google satellite. Are the visitors allowed to use it?
The building on the south end is the main entrance into the stadium. Concessions are on both ends of that building, Restrooms are in the middle.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

From tiger nation good luck this week burg,injury bug hit but you will rebound, I thought the burg played very well, like to see all our southern teams do good, hope everybody heals up and have speedy recoveries to all, you have your hands full this week but good luck!

Return to “Football”