Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Re: Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:12 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:07 am Burg hasn't played Portsmouth in years. After the drubbing the Pirates put on the Trojans in the first game ever played at the new stadium, 63-0 if I remember correctly, the Trojans dropped the Burg and refused to renew the contract.
Wow , more arrogance . Even after 3 blow out losses in a row you are still taking jabs at other schools. Again I would just try and get better with Ashland coming up.
Hello Larry, back again? We're taking jabs at other schools? This thread is almost double in pages compared to ironton@Russell thread. You guys can't get us out of your head, huh? Talk about Burg fans, you all making excuses..."we played flat" or "we shoulda beat them worse"... did you all look at the final stats? :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:07 am Burg hasn't played Portsmouth in years. After the drubbing the Pirates put on the Trojans in the first game ever played at the new stadium, 63-0 if I remember correctly, the Trojans dropped the Burg and refused to renew the contract.
I hate the cancellation of the Portsmouth/burg series as well. but the arrogance sometimes in the pirate ship by some posters here just fuels this fire burning. get humble a bit, and grow from this. and Ashland will be a bear. ironton won't beat them either, if we cannot get our offense going.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Wow , more arrogance . Even after 3 blow out losses in a row you are still taking jabs at other schools. Again I would just try and get better with Ashland coming up.
Trojan Coliseum was opened up in 2009. PHS and Wburg continued to play for several years after its opening. The series was stopped about 3 or 4 years ago.
Get your facts straight BG 77 before you go pumping your chest about Trojan football.. Does this help you feel better about the state of your program by pulling the Trojans into this mess you have.? No wonder everyone roots against Wurg.!
Last edited by Moses Guthrie on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Moses Guthrie wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:49 am
Trojan Comiseum was opened up in 2009. PHS and Wburg continued to play for several years after its opening. The series was stopped about 3 years ago.
Get your facts straight BG 77 before you go pumping your chest about Trojan football.. Does this help you feel better about the state of your program by pulling the Trojans into this mess you have.? No wonder everyone roots against Wurg.!
DING, DING, DING, DING. GIVE THAT MAN A CEE--GAR, WE HAVE A WINNER.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:45 am
I hate the cancellation of the Portsmouth/burg series as well. but the arrogance sometimes in the pirate ship by some posters here just fuels this fire burning. get humble a bit, and grow from this. and Ashland will be a bear. ironton won't beat them either, if we cannot get our offense going.
Bait, can you honestly get on here and tell another fan base to get humble, after all the BS you and some of the other tiger fans have spewed over the last 40 years. Give me a break! Stop with your phoney "I wish pirates the best the rest of the way". Quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. You show your true emotions with the CEE-GAR post. I've stated before, I HATE IRONTON, I hope they get destroyed every week! You need to be honest too! GO BURG! One more time...enjoy your moment...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

How is that arrogance??? It's a fact!!!

PORTSMOUTH DROPPED BURG!!!!!!!!! They were tired of the butt kickings so they dropped them. Ironton was close to doing the same until this group of Tigers came along. Burg will right the ship with Ironton in the next year or so. Now that's arrogance for you !!!!!

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 am

PORTSMOUTH DROPPED BURG!!!!!!!!! They were tired of the butt kickings so they dropped them. Ironton was close to doing the same until this group of Tigers came along. Burg will right the ship with Ironton in the next year or so. Now that's arrogance for you !!!!!
Most of the posters on here that are critical of the Pirates are not concerned with facts because they are motivated by envy. I take that as a compliment because it must mean that we are doing something right. GO PIRATES!

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

"They're built soft. They will break."

Truer words haven't been uttered thus far.

Burg = #OverRated

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Did you renew the Hartley series or is Wheelersburg going to drop it because of the “butt kickings” ?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:05 am

Most of the posters on here that are critical of the Pirates are not concerned with facts because they are motivated by envy. I take that as a compliment because it must mean that we are doing something right. GO PIRATES!
You are correct
They have waited along time for this

Realfax
Waterboy

Post by Realfax »

XandO72 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:49 am "They're built soft. They will break."

Burg = #OverRated
Here we go again. Xand comes back again to stir things that doesn’t need to be stirred.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Good Point .... Larry!

Is Wheelersburg continuing the series with Hartley?

Fans do not take the bait here. There was a time when Ed Miller dropped Ironton because he couldn’t beat Lutz. Everything goes is cycles.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:58 am

Did you renew the Hartley series or is Wheelersburg going to drop it because of the “butt kickings” ?
I don't think PHS dropped burg b/c they were getting their butts kicked is the whole story. I was told directly to my face by a PHS coach that the Trojan's didn't want anything to do with the burg b/c of the recruiting of Trojan's best player and QB Lowery. The coach said, "I don't care if burg has to travel to Timbuktu to find a team to play, they're not playing in Portsmouth"

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:48 pm

I don't think PHS dropped burg b/c they were getting their butts kicked is the whole story. I was told directly to my face by a PHS coach that the Trojan's didn't want anything to do with the burg b/c of the recruiting of Trojan's best player and QB Lowery. The coach said, "I don't care if burg has to travel to Timbuktu to find a team to play, they're not playing in Portsmouth"
That happens. Heard Wheelersburg renewed Hartley for 2 more years .

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Question about this game , I think everyone New wheelersburg was going to lose was the score surprising or about what was expected

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:51 pm

Burg picked up chillicothe wk two for 2020 and 2021 replacing hartley

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Burg = #OverRated
No one can stay king of the hill forever. You fall sooner or later.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Burg = #OverRated
That will be ironton first. Get four new starters that are transfers and their fans act like they’ve done something.

:lol:

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:51 pm

Burg picked up chillicothe wk two for 2020 and 2021 replacing hartley
Figures

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

laser breath wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:56 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Burg = #OverRated
That will be ironton first. Get four new starters that are transfers and their fans act like they’ve done something.

:lol:
Is all of Wheelersburgs starters from Wheelersburg?

Return to “Football”