Ironton freshman beat Wheelersburg 40 - 8

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Ironton freshman beat Wheelersburg 40 - 8

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:39 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 pm Some of burgs freshmen are on the varsity team and do not play in freshmen games.. congratulations on your win though..
Thanks BG6 was a huge confidence builder. Ironton is breaking that mental barrier of Wheelersburg.
Ironton is setting themselves up for failure... when ironton loses it will be relentless on here. And it’s sad really.. these are high school kids that we are all talking about..

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:42 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 pm Some of burgs freshmen are on the varsity team and do not play in freshmen games.. congratulations on your win though..
Thanks BG6 was a huge confidence builder. Ironton is breaking that mental barrier of Wheelersburg.
Ironton is setting themselves up for failure... when ironton loses it will be relentless on here. And it’s sad really.. these are high school kids that we are all talking about..
What are you talking about ?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:21 pm
laser breath wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:08 pm Means nothing. This class is a good class from ironton. Plus burgs best freshman plays up and their other best player from last year moved. That and Irontons jv, 8th, and 7th got beat by burg.
Irontons JV plays up 😁
I’m very encouraged by the number of players on the Ironton Roster. It was a little bleak for a minute & I know many were reluctant to embrace change, but PenTon has really restored much needed enthusiasm for the tiger alma Mater base and Town.

It will only build the strength of SEO FB!!!

Gotigersgo!
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
~2019~

#PenTon

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Wow! A Gallia Academy team full of 7th graders last year played that team closer. The are special group. Better than any class above them when it's all said and done.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

And your point is??? Wow Irontons freshman team beat Burgs freshman team ! Hope ESPN has all the highlights! Hahahahahahahaha

Burg grad 85
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Stop projecting. The only thing not living up to their words and blowin hot air is the burg fan base.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

laser breath wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:53 pm :geek:
Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:16 pm
laser breath wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:08 pm Means nothing. This class is a good class from ironton. Plus burgs best freshman plays up and their other best player from last year moved. That and Irontons jv, 8th, and 7th got beat by burg.
Unreal . You come over and post on this tread just to say it means nothing . Typical Wheelersburg arrogance.
That’s right. Not ashamed of it. I love it. Means nothing
So lemme see if I got this right. Lmao. The same community that is allegedly so enriching and supportive of their youth, is also the same community who decides if things they do matter, depending how advantageous it is to their pride?

I have learned over the paat few weeks that what Burg base say and what burg base do ain't related. Lol. Not even cousins.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Unreal . You come over and post on this tread just to say it means nothing . Typical Wheelersburg arrogance.
except a huge victory for our frosh. sorry we don't see things the same.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh I musta read that wrong I thought you were talking about burg posters , never mind.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

XandO72 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:06 am

So lemme see if I got this right. Lmao. The same community that is allegedly so enriching and supportive of their youth, is also the same community who decides if things they do matter, depending how advantageous it is to their pride?

I have learned over the paat few weeks that what Burg base say and what burg base do ain't related. Lol. Not even cousins.
I have to agree, seems it only matters in a won. xo

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I think their meaning a win in a freshmen game don't necessarily mean a win in Varsity. I remember a freshman team at West that was 7-0 and didn't get scored on as freshmen. They dominated everyone they played as freshman, they finished 5-5 as seniors.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Come on folks

14U
S

Post by 14U »

7th, 8th, freshman and Jv means nothing in my book. It’s when varsity starts with 3 classes together and the record after 10 games are played. Kids grow and get stronger also move position. Some kids move or quit before varsity ball. It all looks good to win as a young football player but we all know it’s when they get to varsity level that means everything as far as league champs, playoffs top 8. WhenI was younger we beat Ironton in 7th 8th and 9th and went 1-2 my three years of varsity football against Ironton. That’s the example of the meaning as I put above. Coaching has a lot to do with it too. Ironton had Lutz that out coached most teams better than his teams as I’ve talked to many players I played against told me this! Ironton was a independence school and would play anybody. I’m glad that Pendleton’s coaching has brought Ironton football back and hope he has the success that Lutz did for the southern Ohio football that gets over looked. Good Luck to ur program and hope it gets back to where it once was 79-03.
Last edited by 14U on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm sorry but I don't agree, and I coached youth football at rock hill for years. I had a short opportunity to play for coach lutz before injuring my knee. and I ran my youth program just like ironton's basically all the way down to physical fitness. we taught good sound fundamental football, the ironton way. and I feel those kids got a great start from our staff. and it paid dividends as they got older, they had successful middle school years. and were in the playoffs in high school. the base they had of knowing sound fundamental football techniques had to have paid dividends. one of those young men played at ohio state. and another played college ball, played pro arena ball several places. and played many years as an all star in semi pro football. and was a line coach at ironton. I'm very proud of them.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

so if your bragging about winning 1 game in 9th and losing JV(10th&11th) 7th 8th. then by that metric you plan on losing 4 of the next 5 years ... sounds about right lol

Return to “Football”