Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Wk3 Notre Dame @ Fisher Catholic

Post by formerfcfan »

This could be a trap game for the Irish. They can’t play like they did last night and expect a win against ND.

If FC plays like they did week 1, mistake-free and no shooting in the foot: FC by 30+

If FC plays like they did last night, then it’s a toss-up.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I smell a running clock for LFC.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:28 am I smell a running clock for LFC.
Yeah, this one could be a running clock. On paper they are by far the better team (sorry, ND.) They just can’t get too sloppy, lazy and dumb like they did last night. Crestline is well-coached (they had the right idea all night, just don’t have the horses or talent to compete) but they are very low on numbers and their front seven was slow.

If FC plays mistake-free, no turnover football then it’ll be a tough night for Notre Dame. As SOC rivals can tell you, the margin for error is very low anytime you play Bob Ashley’s Titans. ND will come out motivated, focused, prepared and determined. They won’t get down on themselves or hung up on a miscue, they won’t get tight toward each other and they’ll fight like hell. ND has a few studs but their depth will be tested against FC.

Glad that these two schools are playing. ND is just catching FC on a hard year to play them in Lancaster. Best of luck and good health to both teams!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bobby does a good job down at ND but just never has the numbers.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

FC has 721 yards rushing and 10 TD’s on the ground through seven quarters of play (offense only got to kneel it in the fourth last week.) Can Notre Dame stop the run?

Blitzkreig77
Waterboy

Post by Blitzkreig77 »

I am not trying to start an argument but a program that holds itself at such a high level of esteem should play a tougher schedule before bragging about rushing yards versus to very inferior opponents. I have seen FC play first hand and they are talented but I truly believe they need to play better competition in their non-league, I understand you dont have control over how good your league is which makes the non-league so much more important. okay that and $1.00 gets you a soft drink at McDonalds.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Blitzkreig77 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:23 pm I am not trying to start an argument but a program that holds itself at such a high level of esteem should play a tougher schedule before bragging about rushing yards versus to very inferior opponents. I have seen FC play first hand and they are talented but I truly believe they need to play better competition in their non-league, I understand you dont have control over how good your league is which makes the non-league so much more important. okay that and $1.00 gets you a soft drink at McDonalds.
All good. I don’t disagree (although I do think Tuscarawas C.C. is better than some think— they return basically everyone from a playoff squad and saw a few studs transfer back in.) In FC’s defense, with their numbers and enrollment swings it’s hard to schedule 3-4 years out in advance. Not saying that anyone expected TCC or Crestline to be world-beaters (they aren’t), but they at the time were teams and programs most similar to FC than say previous non-league opponents like Ready, Newark Cath or Buckeye Valley.

To FC’s credit, they did add both Lucas and Troy Christian to the slate for this year.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Six hours until kickoff. Definitely can’t take the Titans for granted, Ashley is one of the better coaches around. Sounding like it could be a trap game. FC with a few key players out... will it hurt them?

Safe trip and travels to the Titans players, staff and fanbase. My prediction: FC 34 PND 7

Go Irish, beat Notre Dame!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

This game got ugly very quick. I was told they made the 3rd and 4th quarters 4 minutes. I wasn’t there so may of been told a fib about the time.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 pm This game got ugly very quick. I was told they made the 3rd and 4th quarters 4 minutes. I wasn’t there so may of been told a fib about the time.
No fib.

I was planning on refraining from following up as long as no one brought it up, but, yes. FC led 48-0 at half. I inferred that basically the 4-minute quarter deal was a last-resort reached to make sure the game did not end at halftime. FC had a halftime band to perform and a $315 50/50 to announce in the second half.

Unless prompted, I won’t speak more to the game and how it went the way it went aside from the fact you could sense the mismatch two minutes into the game, could sense the emotional crossfire five minutes into the game and when a beaten down team had no choice but to throw in the towel after one quarter. For the rest of this post, all I’ll say is I deeply respect Portsmouth Notre Dame, I have tremendous respect, sympathy and affection to their program and coaching staff and I have nothing but a heart and well-wish toward the rest of their season and their roster’s health and sustainability. Good luck to the PND Titans going forward. One of our assistant coaches was on the team as a player, and another as a coach, on the team that beat the 10-0 Notre Dame playoff team in Chillicothe in 1995. They have tremendous acknowledgement and respect to your proud program.

Going forward, good luck to the Irish opponents the rest of the way. FC has 1,111 yards rushing the ball through 2.5 games (last week and this week put together they only played 72 out of a possible 96 minutes— therefore 1.5 games between the two games.)

socbasketballfan
Waterboy

Post by socbasketballfan »

I got to give Notre Dame some props. They do not schedule any cupcakes. They could easily play teams that just started football or are terrible but their out of conference schedule is no cupcake. The Titans play Greenup who has BURG and Minford on their schedule and I saw where they got rid of Manchester ( almost a guaranteed win). I can see ND going 4-6 due to them playing a tough non-conference schedule.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

socbasketballfan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:59 pm I got to give Notre Dame some props. They do not schedule any cupcakes. They could easily play teams that just started football or are terrible but their out of conference schedule is no cupcake. The Titans play Greenup who has BURG and Minford on their schedule and I saw where they got rid of Manchester ( almost a guaranteed win). I can see ND going 4-6 due to them playing a tough non-conference schedule.
I 100% agree but in my amateur opinion there’s no reason why they should be playing Greenup County in the first place when you look at size disparities. The PDT article said they only had 17 healthy players - I think that number is wrong as I counted 20 in pads but still. It’s a shame that Rosecrans cancelled their season. That’s who ND was supposed to play and likely they would’ve beaten them. Just a very hard row to hoe for Notre Dame the first half of their season.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

ND should play schools they can be truly competitive with. I would also like to see the kids stronger. An organized and effective weight program and fair/favorable schedule

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Notre Dame is playing Greenup County? Question for both schools: why? Can’t see either school getting anything out of that game.*

socbasketballfan
Waterboy

Post by socbasketballfan »

I agree, they should play schools they can compete with but I was just stating they don't play cupcakes like some schools.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Game recap by Paul Boggs

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Thanks for posting. Well written by Paul. 371 yards, 29 carries and 7 TD’s -> that’s averaging a first down on every run.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

ND Titans football is a truly proud program. The numbers and talent at this point is not where it has been in years past. The enrollment and talent goes in spurts, as the girls side of things is prospering, while the boys not as much. The cycle will change again. ND football will recover..
I remember around 15 or so years ago (Darby may have just taken over), there was discussion as to whether ND should play JV only schedule. They chose to play a varsity schedule and the results were not pretty. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they went 0-10 about 3 years straight? It had to be very difficult, but ND got through it and have prospered several years since then. A very proud program. You have to respect that.

Return to “Football”