Post by mattash »

Thoughts

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
WWBBB
Freshman Team

Re: WK5 Union Local v Warren

Post by WWBBB »

I think Warren will take this one by 3 touchdowns....praying they can figure out how to stop the run or this may be their last chance at a win.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Although not going to be a power UL looked competitive preseason. I don't know what happened but they are going 0-10.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

Warren by three touchdowns. I don’t see union local being able to stop Warrens passing game.

Go Blue!!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

WWBBB wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:50 am I think Warren will take this one by 3 touchdowns....praying they can figure out how to stop the run or this may be their last chance at a win.
Not seeing how Belpre beats them. Talent gap is pretty wide.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:51 pm
WWBBB wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:50 am I think Warren will take this one by 3 touchdowns....praying they can figure out how to stop the run or this may be their last chance at a win.
Devol will out coach them and Warren struggles vs the run.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:03 pm
Devol will out coach them and Warren struggles vs the run.
Hard to out-coach a team when you just don’t have the guys to do it. This game will be ugly. Explain to me how Belpre stops them? I don’t see it.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Warrren by 40 and this game will end quicker than most with a running clock.
UL just doesn't have the horses to compete with Warriors this season.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Talent gap where??? Along the lines Belpre may have a slight advantage, if the talented secondary for the Warriors are making a ton of tackles that talent is of no use because as you know teams arent passing the ball...as of now in the 3 games I have seen the coaching staff for the Warriors has done little to adjust to the outside run, but this game is a month away and so much can happen between now and then....Go Big Bad Blue Beat Union Local

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Warren, big

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

WWBBB wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:32 am
Talent gap where??? Along the lines Belpre may have a slight advantage, if the talented secondary for the Warriors are making a ton of tackles that talent is of no use because as you know teams arent passing the ball...as of now in the 3 games I have seen the coaching staff for the Warriors has done little to adjust to the outside run, but this game is a month away and so much can happen between now and then....Go Big Bad Blue Beat Union Local
Sorry for the vague comment. I was just wondering how Belpre will hang with them athletically? Warren may struggle with the run, but other teams have to stop us too.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

beg003 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 am
Sorry for the vague comment. I was just wondering how Belpre will hang with them athletically? Warren may struggle with the run, but other teams have to stop us too.
If Warren uses all their athletically gifted kids on Offense not many teams would stop them (Warren is able to go 6 deep at receiver), but IMO they are only using a couple and that's why Cambridge had so much success stopping them in the second half. Belpre may have enough athletes to cover the couple but IF they can spread the wealth then NO Belpre wont be able to slow them down...again just my take from the games I have seen.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

WWBBB wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:09 am

If Warren uses all their athletically gifted kids on Offense not many teams would stop them (Warren is able to go 6 deep at receiver), but IMO they are only using a couple and that's why Cambridge had so much success stopping them in the second half. Belpre may have enough athletes to cover the couple but IF they can spread the wealth then NO Belpre wont be able to slow them down...again just my take from the games I have seen.
I do agree that they should utilize all 6, especially since it will give Simoniette and Gandee’s legs a break. I like the way they’ve been involving Welch and how they got Miller involved last game.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

beg003 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 am
WWBBB wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:09 am
I do agree that they should utilize all 6, especially since it will give Simoniette and Gandee’s legs a break. I like the way they’ve been involving Welch and how they got Miller involved last game.
Miller had a monster first half along with Welch and I agree with giving those kids a little breather by using the other Gandee and Chevelier just a touch more, but hey what do I know I am just a bleacher bum...this team has really improved and should get to 5 wins maybe 6 which would be a monster season...I am hoping someone can provide updates of the game at Union Local as it's to far away for me to make it and the Barlow parade going on.

Football Fan 25
Waterboy

Post by Football Fan 25 »

I am not sure I understand the talent gap statement. I feel Belpre is as talented from top to bottom. Two different types of teams . Belpre will run in down their throats and the passing game , although used very little , has been effective . Defense is pretty solid as well. I have yet to see Warren play . I do know
They have talented skill kids for sure , but Belpre’s secondary and line backers are very solid . Can’t wait to see how it turns out. Should be a heckuva game . Go Eagles !

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Gandee and Simoniette will likely be two of the most athletic players Belpre sees all year. They just don’t see many kids like them through the course of their season. A lot can happen between now and then though and hopefully both teams come in totally healthy so it’s the best possible game for both sides.

Buckeye10
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye10 »

Union local has a shot here if you can run the ball you will be fine. Warren has no defense

Buckeye10
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye10 »

Belpre is legit they played with fort frye for nearly 3 quarters. Against trimble you lose your biggest playmaker and your quarterback in first quarter that really hurt. To say the talent gap at warren is above Belpre is a joke. Belpre can score on the ground and through the air. Also Belpre plays defense. Go Eagles

Buckeye10
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye10 »

Gandee snd Simonette are good atheletes. Dont forget Belpre has faced 2 of the best teams in there division in the state. Just be careful Warren isnt quite where trimble and fort frye are. It will be a good game thats for sure

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Buckeye10 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:43 pm Gandee snd Simonette are good atheletes. Dont forget Belpre has faced 2 of the best teams in there division in the state. Just be careful Warren isnt quite where trimble and fort frye are. It will be a good game thats for sure
I would never say Warren is on the same level as those teams. Besides Trimble though, playing in the Hocking skews your perspective some. Don’t see them throwing on Warren much at all. Looking forward to the game, should be a packed house at Ralph Holder. Lot of football between now and then.

Return to “Football”