D-1 Prospects in South Eastern Ohio

Chief02
Varsity

Re: D-1 Prospects in South Eastern Ohio

Post by Chief02 »

public_transport wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:30 pm And it will only cost his parents $3500 plus travel to play in such a prestigious all star game
Yes, I’m well aware. The things we do for our kids and their dreams. He has an amazing set of parents and their character reflects on the player he is and the man he is becoming. Be happy for him/them because it’s something he has worked towards his whole football career.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

football87 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:27 pm I hope Ruby and Shoemaker land a D1 offer this season or right after. More than likely won’t be an FBS offer because of how late it is for that, but a full FCS offer isn’t out of the question. Do they both play corner on defense? That may be a better fit based on their size and speed.

When it comes to D2, NAIA and D3, yes it is still good football, but just not the same in terms of skill or the money part. Yes, they can get partial scholarships at this level, but it is mostly academic which is what they would be getting anyway. Most freshman entering D2 are on academic + small athletic (0-$5,000). The more the play, the more athletic sholarship they’ll get throughout their career.
Think I seen some video where Ruby was playing WR, slot I'm sure, going up against a recruited corner and just ate him up. Ruby plays defense but I'll be honest never quite been impressed with him on that side of the ball it seemed more like he was just catching his breath to get back on offense. Obviously that could change if a college wanted him to play on the defensive side of the ball but for Southeastern he's more of a safety net back there not relied on to carry the load defensively. Shoemaker is a heck of a defensive player as well, I haven't seen shoemaker up close to see if his frame size would hold another 20-25 lbs in terms of trying to play the RB spot or not.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:58 am
football87 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:27 pm I hope Ruby and Shoemaker land a D1 offer this season or right after. More than likely won’t be an FBS offer because of how late it is for that, but a full FCS offer isn’t out of the question. Do they both play corner on defense? That may be a better fit based on their size and speed.

When it comes to D2, NAIA and D3, yes it is still good football, but just not the same in terms of skill or the money part. Yes, they can get partial scholarships at this level, but it is mostly academic which is what they would be getting anyway. Most freshman entering D2 are on academic + small athletic (0-$5,000). The more the play, the more athletic sholarship they’ll get throughout their career.
Think I seen some video where Ruby was playing WR, slot I'm sure, going up against a recruited corner and just ate him up. Ruby plays defense but I'll be honest never quite been impressed with him on that side of the ball it seemed more like he was just catching his breath to get back on offense. Obviously that could change if a college wanted him to play on the defensive side of the ball but for Southeastern he's more of a safety net back there not relied on to carry the load defensively. Shoemaker is a heck of a defensive player as well, I haven't seen shoemaker up close to see if his frame size would hold another 20-25 lbs in terms of trying to play the RB spot or not.
I believe most of the camps Ruby has went to he’s listed as a receiver (slot). He looked really good in some film I seen. And I couldn’t imaging Shoe being able to hold 20-25 more pounds. He’s small, but who knows, some of those programs do wonders with kids frames.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:36 am

I believe most of the camps Ruby has went to he’s listed as a receiver (slot). He looked really good in some film I seen. And I couldn’t imaging Shoe being able to hold 20-25 more pounds. He’s small, but who knows, some of those programs do wonders with kids frames.
Ruby, I think, has a frame more suited to carry more weight than Shoemaker.

You may be referencing the same video that I have seen where he ate up a recruited DB. At that camp he was referred to as “the fast white boy”.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

public_transport wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:30 pm And it will only cost his parents $3500 plus travel to play in such a prestigious all star game
The all star game he’s playing in is actually one of the most prestigious national games, besides the Army and Under Armor games.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

football87 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:02 pm
The all star game he’s playing in is actually one of the most prestigious national games, besides the Army and Under Armor games.
Sounds great until it’s time to get out the check book. They pick from around 7,000 kids so if the first 110 don’t take the bait they just move right on down the list till they fill all 110 spots.

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

public_transport wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:52 pm
Sounds great until it’s time to get out the check book. They pick from around 7,000 kids so if the first 110 don’t take the bait they just move right on down the list till they fill all 110 spots.

Lol, public transport talks like one of them guys that tore it up in junior high and then didnt do diddly in varsity, and thereby poops on everybody else's dreams ..

Gotta let that bitterness go my man!

the shadow
Waterboy

Post by the shadow »

Not as bad as letting an unpaid mansion sit empty!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:07 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:36 am

Ruby, I think, has a frame more suited to carry more weight than Shoemaker.

You may be referencing the same video that I have seen where he ate up a recruited DB. At that camp he was referred to as “the fast white boy”.
Yea it was at a camp somewhere. Some good clips. Crazy hand fighting at the line of scrimmage and pure explosion from Lane.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

SPelf wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Lol, public transport talks like one of them guys that tore it up in junior high and then didnt do diddly in varsity, and thereby poops on everybody else's dreams ..

Not trying to get anyone’s blood pressure up. I’ve been through the recruiting process with 2 of my 3 kids for different sports and in my experience anything that brings that kind of price tag raises red flags for me.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Joe Burrow probably had to pay to play in California and he will probably win the Heisman

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Plenty of people pay to play. If nothing else comes of it at least the kid will get an experience of a lifetime. Well worth the money if you have it

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:51 pm Joe Burrow probably had to pay to play in California and he will probably win the Heisman
Justin Fields

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:58 pm Justin Fields
Against garbage competition and still only half Burrows passing yards :roll:

It’s Tua vs Burrow

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:18 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:58 pm Justin Fields
Against garbage competition and still only half Burrows passing yards :roll:

It’s Tua vs Burrow
Would be awesome to see him get it!

the shadow
Waterboy

Post by the shadow »

public_transport wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:31 pm
SPelf wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Not trying to get anyone’s blood pressure up. I’ve been through the recruiting process with 2 of my 3 kids for different sports and in my experience anything that brings that kind of price tag raises red flags for me.
Did you adopt a kid when you moved to Frenchtown? What schools did your “kids” get recruited to?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I have another fanboy I see

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

It’s against forum rules to hint at people’s identities on here. Could get reported

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

You have to admit that mansion post was pretty witty.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:48 pm You have to admit that mansion post was pretty witty.
Heard it

Return to “Football”