Northwest 14 - 21 Valley

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: WK5 Northwest v Valley

Post by Jason Vorhees »

14U, I cannot recall what happened that year. Crab’s Brother would probably have the overall record.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

If I remember correctly, I think we (Valley) had a few key injuries that year, but I could be thinking about a different year. I think Northwest had a decent team that year too. But yeah, Crab's brother would know more.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Was that the first loss after we went on that big winning streak? That’s been so long ago I can’t remember

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Could have been. The graduating class of 2000 had the streak, that would have been the 99 football season right? So that could have been the graduating class of 01's season right? Sorry, I didn't play football, was just a fan during those years.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Valley's first loss that broke the streak was the opening game vs Coal Grove. If I remember correctly the Indians dealt with some major injuries early in the year and lost 3 of their first 4 games. They rebounded and won something like 5 of their final 7 and had a chance to win SOC 1.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Bo_Diaz wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:32 pm Valley's first loss that broke the streak was the opening game vs Coal Grove. If I remember correctly the Indians dealt with some major injuries early in the year and lost 3 of their first 4 games. They rebounded and won something like 5 of their final 7 and had a chance to win SOC 1.
Should of came week 10 1999 if it wasn’t for the guys in stripes with phantom holding calls and an inadvertent whistle taking away a muffed punt recovery.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Haven't posted on here in a long time, but I'll have to disagree with the post above... As I was the one who was held. Lol

Former college teammate of mine (Andy Malone) used to laugh about tackling me because there was no one over top on a TE seam. As far as the inadvertent whistle, I have no idea what you're talking about! :lol:

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

On chilly fall nights in Minford, I can still hear that whistle.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Haha! Glory days

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Legend has it....right after the TE was tackled without the ball...history was made.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Valley big but Crabtree won't run it up

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Is Campbell healthy for NW?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 34
NW 12

Mowhawks will play inspired football and keep it close for awhile. Exciting to open the new facility for the community and kids, hopefully it is something to build on.

Additionally, prayers to all of the NW community for the tragedy that happened recently. You're in all of our thoughts.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Since 2000, Valley has out scored Northwest 579-119.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

This is a trap game for valley as northwest will highly motivated between opening the new stadium and the tragedy that happened this week and valley is coming off their easiest game all year I think will be valley 21 nw 20

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:54 pm This is a trap game for valley as northwest will highly motivated between opening the new stadium and the tragedy that happened this week and valley is coming off their easiest game all year I think will be valley 21 nw 20
NW got housed by oak hill, no trap game here, Valley is too well coached. NW got manhandled up front by oak hill, Valley bigs will have their way. Sometimes the other team is just better.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

packers80 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm
Izladoom wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:54 pm This is a trap game for valley as northwest will highly motivated between opening the new stadium and the tragedy that happened this week and valley is coming off their easiest game all year I think will be valley 21 nw 20
NW got housed by oak hill, no trap game here, Valley is too well coached. NW got manhandled up front by oak hill, Valley bigs will have their way. Sometimes the other team is just better.

Besides Portsmouth valley hasn’t played anybody yet so it’s hard to tell just how good they are I just think nw will be highly motivated and that could make them dangerous if valley comes out and plays like they did against Piketon it could be a really close game

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:13 am Northwest will come out really motivated in front of what should be a packed crowd valley will have to play disciplined to handle I think could be a storm of a first quarter but once the teams settle down then valley should be able to pull away this is the mo st balanced offense I think valley has ever had
Do not be a prisoner of the moment. Andronis, Perkins, and company have done a pretty solid job in the passing department so far, but they are no where near the level of the Yates and Rolfe led offenses of the early part of this decade. Valley has a very good offense. Those were borderline great offenses and this one isn't there yet. Maybe they get there, but not in the conversation yet.

I have the record at home, so I will post it before the game tonight. I know Valley has a very commanding lead.

As far as tonight goes, I think Valley rides out the first few series of emotion from the Mohawks and handles their business.

Valley 41
Northwest 13

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Northwest strikes first. Int deep in valley territory and then ground it out for 7.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Northwest recovers a Valley fumble and after a couple of big runs are facing 1st and 10 at Valley 11. 2:20 to play in the 1st.

Return to “Football”