S

Re: WK5 Northwest v Valley

Post by Jason Vorhees »

2010, Northwest 30 Waverly 27.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Great game, great facilities, glad I made the trip up north to catch it tonite.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Northwest hurt themselves with some costly personal fouls.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

NewEra wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:38 pm Northwest hurt themselves with some costly personal fouls.

Yep. Still believe their heading in the right direction.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 pm
NewEra wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:38 pm Northwest hurt themselves with some costly personal fouls.

Yep. Still believe their heading in the right direction.
I agree , I think Bill is doing a great job.

Izladoom
All State

Re: Northwest 14 - 21 Valley

Post by Izladoom »

This might be my favorite valley win. With everything they had to deal with. That hostile crown and emotional night for northwest. All of the injuries. Down to a freshman rb who just went crazy. To come back and get the 2 pt conversion to send it into overtime. Then a huge stop by the defense to keep a 250lb rob from getting inches. Neither team gave up

Pathfinder278
Waterboy

Post by Pathfinder278 »

I think the new field turned out great. The place was packed as expected; huge line at the ticket booth before the game. This was the first time I had the chance to watch NW play in a few years, and it seemed to me like they're heading in the right direction and they buying in to the program. I think a little more variety in the playbook especially in the 2nd half would've helped them out big time.

Good game by both teams and hope they do well in the upcoming weeks.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Pathfinder278 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:31 am I think the new field turned out great. The place was packed as expected; huge line at the ticket booth before the game. This was the first time I had the chance to watch NW play in a few years, and it seemed to me like they're heading in the right direction and they buying in to the program. I think a little more variety in the playbook especially in the 2nd half would've helped them out big time.

Good game by both teams and hope they do well in the upcoming weeks.
Yeah it seemed like they were playing "not to lose" in the second half. They need to get over the fear of passing the ball.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

First of all....congratulations to Northwest. Beautiful facility, community involvement, excitement, great atmosphere. The Mowhawks are headed in the right direction!

Valley, Valley, Valley....what a gutsy, and I mean gutsy performance in the 2nd half. Those kids came together after 2 turnovers DEEP in their own territory, down 14-0, losing the starting QB for the season to injury, and multiple players with cramps and other injuries. Those kids came together and fought, and got a W. It's a testament to Coach Crabtree and his staff on instilling a winning culture in Lucasville.

Not sure how Valley is going to proceed and move some players around to fill the void, but that staff will put them in the position to win.

Congrats on a well EARNED win, Indians!

Side Note: Whoever the NW gentleman was that did the live, kudos to you on an outstanding job, and putting the kids 1st in your commentary. I could feel how bad you wanted that W.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott