Jackson 59 - 3 McClain

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Jackson vs McClain

Post by Raider6309 »

Dandy Don wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:47 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:07 pm Can anyone stay within 30 of Jackson in the FAC?
Probably not anyone gets closer than a 3 score game
I guess Jackson can pad their stats vs the FAC schools

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:21 am
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:07 pm Can anyone stay within 30 of Jackson in the FAC?
May sound cliche but those kids aren’t about that. I truly believe we have 4 kids that could rush for a 1000 and it’s likely no one does. Going to be way more about getting the next in line more snaps....if the games go as expected.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You don't suppose that could apply to Athens as well when playing some of the TVC schools do you? Lol

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

No need to dig on Jackson because they are competitive this year and the rest of the FAC may not be up to your standards. The FAC is a solid conference that any given year could send multiple teams into post season berths. Just because this may not be one of those years doesn't mean the FAC is a weak conference by any means. Overall, including ALL sports the FAC is very competitive. and the schools are in a LEAGUE....ask Logan how it feels right now no one willing or wanting them in their league. So jabs at the FAC being down is more to me in the lines of Jabs at the Jackson Ironmen. Which is OK..you learn to deal with that while playing for Jackson it comes with the territory..when you play at a program such as Jackson the jealousy of people show when you are 5-0, have the biggest/nicest stadium in SEO, booster clubs that raises thousands and thousands of dollars every year, a program that wins from the 3rd grade to the 12th. keep being the Ironmen guys one game at a time and good things will happen.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:56 pm

You don't suppose that could apply to Athens as well when playing some of the TVC schools do you? Lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: Agree Vette. Raider you walked right into that one ole bud. :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:12 am No need to dig on Jackson because they are competitive this year and the rest of the FAC may not be up to your standards. The FAC is a solid conference that any given year could send multiple teams into post season berths. Just because this may not be one of those years doesn't mean the FAC is a weak conference by any means. Overall, including ALL sports the FAC is very competitive. and the schools are in a LEAGUE....ask Logan how it feels right now no one willing or wanting them in their league. So jabs at the FAC being down is more to me in the lines of Jabs at the Jackson Ironmen. Which is OK..you learn to deal with that while playing for Jackson it comes with the territory..when you play at a program such as Jackson the jealousy of people show when you are 5-0, have the biggest/nicest stadium in SEO, booster clubs that raises thousands and thousands of dollars every year, a program that wins from the 3rd grade to the 12th. keep being the Ironmen guys one game at a time and good things will happen.
They probably see Logan not being down someday not wanting them in. Who knows, but Logan needs a league. These young men work hard and need to be playing for some league title somewhere. As bait would say, it just haint right.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 am
countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:12 am No need to dig on Jackson because they are competitive this year and the rest of the FAC may not be up to your standards. The FAC is a solid conference that any given year could send multiple teams into post season berths. Just because this may not be one of those years doesn't mean the FAC is a weak conference by any means. Overall, including ALL sports the FAC is very competitive. and the schools are in a LEAGUE....ask Logan how it feels right now no one willing or wanting them in their league. So jabs at the FAC being down is more to me in the lines of Jabs at the Jackson Ironmen. Which is OK..you learn to deal with that while playing for Jackson it comes with the territory..when you play at a program such as Jackson the jealousy of people show when you are 5-0, have the biggest/nicest stadium in SEO, booster clubs that raises thousands and thousands of dollars every year, a program that wins from the 3rd grade to the 12th. keep being the Ironmen guys one game at a time and good things will happen.
They probably see Logan not being down someday not wanting them in. Who knows, but Logan needs a league. These young men work hard and need to be playing for some league title somewhere. As bait would say, it just haint right.

trench I agree with our ol buddy bait "it just haint right"...….Logan will find a home.....it wont be the FAC and I'm not saying that because I wouldn't want to see Logan in the same league. I am pretty sure after all of our talks through the years it surely isn't because either team don't want to play each other every year for the crown because we once did that and ooo how well was that week looked forward to. But the traveling of school nights and locations I don't foresee Logan getting in the FAC...…hopefully some admin situations will change at some of the potential leagues and Logan can sneak in one.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:44 pm

hopefully some admin situations will change at some of the potential leagues and Logan can sneak in one.
I'm hoping as well. It will happen sometime.

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:59 pm

hopefully some admin situations will change at some of the potential leagues and Logan can sneak in one.
We need to split the TVC up and add some bigger schools. I say bring in Logan, Warren and Marietta. I know Logan and Warren will come in. Not sure about Marietta but I've heard they will. The problem is VC, Alex, and Wellston don't want to play those schools. So, if the administration at those schools changes it would be a possibility.

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

Bring Logan in just for football.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

bullfrog93 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:59 pm

We need to split the TVC up and add some bigger schools. I say bring in Logan, Warren and Marietta. I know Logan and Warren will come in. Not sure about Marietta but I've heard they will. The problem is VC, Alex, and Wellston don't want to play those schools. So, if the administration at those schools changes it would be a possibility.
Be cool if they got more bigger schools in the league to make it fair. I don't want to see Logan playing too many smaller schools. That wouldn't be right IMO.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Be cool if they got more bigger schools in the league to make it fair. I don't want to see Logan playing too many smaller schools. That wouldn't be right IMO.
Ironmen nation wants the best for Logan , the demise of the seoal is shameful for all involved

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:39 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Ironmen nation wants the best for Logan , the demise of the seoal is shameful for all involved
Thanks poo. And agree, the demise was very shameful for all involved. Lasted that long and had to end.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Who is #7 for Jackson ? Did he play when we came up there and scrimmaged you guys?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:57 pm Who is #7 for Jackson ? Did he play when we came up there and scrimmaged you guys?
I know nothing about your Scrimmage, or even where you're from. If this is about No 7 that came into the game against the Burg at the beginning of the 2nd half, When he came in at QB, I asked a Jackson fan who No 7 was, hardly before he gave me an answer, he was running away from everyone for mayby close to a 50 yard touchdown. I later found out that his name is Jacob Winters, he's a freshman QB for the Ironmen. Mayby a series or 2 later, even though it was called back because of a holding call, he throws a beautiful 60-70 yard touchdown pass. If one game is any indication, Ironmen Fans are going to be very happy for the next 3 years, and probably even some more the rest of this year. I do know one thing, from being at the game, not only the 2 plays that I have mentioned, but that the other 10 or 12 plays that he played, that Wheelersburg was having a pretty difficult time getting him on the ground. Like I said in an earlier post, I have seen the Ironmen and the Burg each play a couple games this year. If No 7 played in those games, I must have missed it. I think the day after the game, I was told that he ran the ball 11 times for 125 yards. Wow, I'll just say that he impressed me the few plays that I did see him play.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:56 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:57 pm Who is #7 for Jackson ? Did he play when we came up there and scrimmaged you guys?
I know nothing about your Scrimmage, or even where you're from. If this is about No 7 that came into the game against the Burg at the beginning of the 2nd half, When he came in at QB, I asked a Jackson fan who No 7 was, hardly before he gave me an answer, he was running away from everyone for mayby close to a 50 yard touchdown. I later found out that his name is Jacob Winters, he's a freshman QB for the Ironmen. Mayby a series or 2 later, even though it was called back because of a holding call, he throws a beautiful 60-70 yard touchdown pass. If one game is any indication, Ironmen Fans are going to be very happy for the next 3 years, and probably even some more the rest of this year. I do know one thing, from being at the game, not only the 2 plays that I have mentioned, but that the other 10 or 12 plays that he played, that Wheelersburg was having a pretty difficult time getting him on the ground. Like I said in an earlier post, I have seen the Ironmen and the Burg each play a couple games this year. If No 7 played in those games, I must have missed it. I think the day after the game, I was told that he ran the ball 11 times for 125 yards. Wow, I'll just say that he impressed me the few plays that I did see him play.
He’s from River Valley

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:19 pm
He’s from River Valley
[/q

That very well may be true, I don't live in Jackson but I have seen them play a couple games this year. I know only a couple of the kids, and if he played QB in either of those games, I must have missed it.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

No way he is a freshmen , and when Ironton came up there for a scrimmage he wasn’t playing.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:41 pm
No way he is a freshmen , and when Ironton came up there for a scrimmage he wasn’t playing.
I think he is a freshman, or at least that is what I was told. Ironman 92 or a couple of the other Jackson posters would know for sure.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:51 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:41 pm

I think he is a freshman, or at least that is what I was told. Ironman 92 or a couple of the other Jackson posters would know for sure.
Yes Jacob is a freshmen . He has been playing receiver and secondary all season . He got some reps at QB at western brown and did well. He was electric Friday , ran with so much vision and busted through arm tackles. Jackson has improved so much since week 1. The much maligned offense line that was blame for all problems has really gelled with 6-7 contributing . Jackson has a good power run game with 3-4 seniors who run hard , big Treylan Davis has proved to be a great blocker and target. Mcmannaway and Dailey have contributed and are great downfield blockers. I look for Evan Spires to be involved in the offense moving forward , getting deep threat and sure handed Tristen Prater back will only help the offense. Jackson has 2 good quarterbacks moving forward and each will have spots and moments to make big plays to help Jackson win. The defense has been mean and aggressive and plays with a chip and edge. A lot of kids playing one way and kids have accepted roles. Kicking game has also improved and Icenhower is a terrific punter. The improvements from first scrimmages are outstanding. Coaches have made all the right moves so far and put together a gameplan that fits the teams skill set. A lot of fans wrote this team off after the lackluster scrimmages and strugglers again Wellston. If everyone stays focused and bought it 2019 could be a special season. Sorry for the rant , but agree it’s hard not to be excited about the future of Jackson football .

Return to “Football”