Worthington Chr. @ Fisher Cath. (Sat 10am)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Worthington Chr. @ Fisher Cath. (Sat 10am)

Post by formerfcfan »

WC comes in at 3-2, two losses at the hands of 5-0 squads Northmor and Trimble. Warriors have a passing attack that is serviceable, quality and posing great mismatches size-wise.

FC comes in at 5-0, but has played lesser competition to date. Best win is Tuscarawas CC, who looked good to start the year but has taken a huge nose dive as a result of injuries and other factors. TCC’s offense is of closest resemblance to WC’s in terms of airing it out. FC did well to not give up many chunk plays to the Saints in week 1. Irish run the ball decently well and has been able to get to the QB adequately enough through five weeks. One negative is we haven’t played a full 48-minute game/no running clock since week 1, so this could be a curve. If FC is as good as advertised, they should win.

Posting a thread on it since it’s a game of significance in R27 and because WC probably will have given Trimble its toughest test all regular season. Excuse me while I dodge tomatoes being thrown at me from NY and Waterford fans.

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Re: Worthington Chr. @ Fisher Cath. (Sat 10am)

Post by sykesb2 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 am WC comes in at 3-2, two losses at the hands of 5-0 squads Northmor and Trimble. Warriors have a passing attack that is serviceable, quality and posing great mismatches size-wise.

FC comes in at 5-0, but has played lesser competition to date. Best win is Tuscarawas CC, who looked good to start the year but has taken a huge nose dive as a result of injuries and other factors. TCC’s offense is of closest resemblance to WC’s in terms of airing it out. FC did well to not give up many chunk plays to the Saints in week 1. Irish run the ball decently well and has been able to get to the QB adequately enough through five weeks. One negative is we haven’t played a full 48-minute game/no running clock since week 1, so this could be a curve. If FC is as good as advertised, they should win.

Posting a thread on it since it’s a game of significance in R27 and because WC probably will have given Trimble its toughest test all regular season. Excuse me while I dodge tomatoes being thrown at me from NY and Waterford fans.
Good luck Saturday

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

sykesb2 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:21 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 am WC comes in at 3-2, two losses at the hands of 5-0 squads Northmor and Trimble. Warriors have a passing attack that is serviceable, quality and posing great mismatches size-wise.

Good luck Saturday
Thanks — good luck to Adena and their playoff & SVC push!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am taking this one in and fully expect to see L.F.C. win by 14 or 21.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Why 10 A.M?
Still at Lancaster High?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Noticed the Start Time at 10 AM, Is that because of the heat later in the afternoon? Will that affect the crowd at all, with that start time?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Game is at 10am because Lancaster H.S. has their “Band of Gold Invitational” later that evening and it’ll be on Fulton Field. LHS hosts Grove City the night before.

I got the line at FC -3. It’ll all come down to time of possession, turnover margin and whether FC can get consistent pressure on Hartings the QB (I think they can.)

I don’t think it’ll affect the crowd size. It may bolster it? Or if it hurts, not by a lot? Might pick up more of the fans that don’t have kids playing considering most of the time on Saturdays our game conflicts time-wise with tOSU football.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

WC actually looked better when they ran the ball with short passes. The QB has no accuracy at longer passes

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:00 pm WC actually looked better when they ran the ball with short passes. The QB has no accuracy at longer passes
That’s what I’m thinking? Maybe not on the accuracy part, but when it comes to dipping and dunking with runs and short passes. The Anderson kid for WC is a good running back. I like our linebacker play a lot and our d-line gets great penetration inside. We’ve played pretty fast and physical on defense so far this year, but this is the toughest test yet.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

When they ran uptempo it seemed to work on Trimble

CreamCheeseWonton
Waterboy

Post by CreamCheeseWonton »

HAHA well, waterford vs trimble hasn't played and I think you'll be suprised. But maybe still true. As for the game, I hope WC gets the W.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Tentatively planning on going to this one. Will be sitting with family of #5 and cheering on the great nephew.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:17 pm Tentatively planning on going to this one. Will be sitting with family of #5 and cheering on the great nephew.
He’s a good player, even better kid. Might actually be better at baseball than football. Feel free to PM me here on or Yappi afterwards on your thoughts of the game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

It’s game morning. Gonna predict a WC win. FC starting RB, starting CB and two starting linemen out today. Not good!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

7-7 end 1Q WC 3rd and 13 FC 15

FC lost the center, squandered a good drive with two bad shotgun snaps with second string center.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

WC makes a 30-yarder

10-7 WC.

Anderson (WC) the running back is a beast.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

score ?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:50 amscore ?
17-14 WC Half

This had a bizarre ending to the first half. FC blocked the FG with :1 left in the half and there was great confusion afterwards. Kid from FC ran it back to the endzone but an FC player was down injured. Refs may have blown a whistle after the blocked kick? Refs kept WC on the field and sent FC off the field first. Evidently no TD. 17-14 WC at half.

FC without two starting linemen

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I never heard a whistle.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:24 am I never heard a whistle.
Where are you sitting?

Return to “Football”