Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

vladimir
S

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by vladimir »

footballguy11 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:57 am
mattash wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:47 pm Does Burg fans pack Minford stadium or does the 3 losses keep fans home. This could be the SOC chip
Well who has minford played that has gave them a challenge "no one"
UMMM, an orange and black team with a big orange W on the side of their helmet.

And, most of the teams that burg has played that have been worth anything have taken them out behind the woodshed and had their way with'em!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
fox_40
Waterboy

Post by fox_40 »

I agree but they have not let 6 lead 29 all season. Also you have to ask if 29 can take the pounding on his injury. I like your thinking but think running some type of flex bone or whatever you like to call it might make all the backers watch and read. I would like to see it your way too!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

fox_40 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 pm I agree but they have not let 6 lead 29 all season. Also you have to ask if 29 can take the pounding on his injury. I like your thinking but think running some type of flex bone or whatever you like to call it might make all the backers watch and read. I would like to see it your way too!
I get it but sometimes these games are won by the team who just decides to physically whip the man over him.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

After it’s all said and done tonight, I believe The Pirates sail home with the victory.

Wheelersburg 27
Minford 14

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Good luck tonight fellas! Time to go out on the field and leave it all out there!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Put up or shut up time burg
Come out play good inspired football, come out with a win and maybe you can close strong and turn this season around along with proving a lot of people right who have said the schedule has just been difficult based on all the injuries.

Come out and lay an egg like last week and play totally uninspired ball and your season is more than likely over.
A loss tonight would more than likely end up with a 5-5 or 4-6 season and prove that all the people saying your just not very good were right

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:22 am In my opinion, Wheelersburg needs a more run heavy offense. Throwing the ball like they have the past 3 years will not work this year. Practice running all week in practice with the big, stout o-line you have and hand the ball to Horsley and Matthews every play. Use Masters or the freshmen to throw occasionally under center. Use your strengths and control time of possession. Burg's defense is good enough for them to win games if the offense does build long, downhill drives.

I said before the year started that Burg needed Miller at QB, with Horsley and Matthews as backs in a wing T, run a lot of misdirection and downhill football. You can still do it without Miller. I just think that would play into Wheelersburg's favor a whole lot more.

I do think if they spread it out on Minford they will lose. Burg can't score through the air from what I've seen this year.
Wasn't that the original plan Miller at QB Horsley at FB Matthews and Nunley at the wings.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Closer than normal but Burg should win this one

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:22 am In my opinion, Wheelersburg needs a more run heavy offense. Throwing the ball like they have the past 3 years will not work this year. Practice running all week in practice with the big, stout o-line you have and hand the ball to Horsley and Matthews every play. Use Masters or the freshmen to throw occasionally under center. Use your strengths and control time of possession. Burg's defense is good enough for them to win games if the offense does build long, downhill drives.

I said before the year started that Burg needed Miller at QB, with Horsley and Matthews as backs in a wing T, run a lot of misdirection and downhill football. You can still do it without Miller. I just think that would play into Wheelersburg's favor a whole lot more.

I do think if they spread it out on Minford they will lose. Burg can't score through the air from what I've seen this year.
Wasn't that the original plan Miller at QB Horsley at FB Matthews and Nunley at the wings.
I figured nunley in the backfield not sure what the coaches plans were

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

fbnut wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:00 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm

I figured nunley in the backfield not sure what the coaches plans were
That's what I was told. That would've been one heckuva backfield.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:01 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:47 pm Does Burg fans pack Minford stadium or does the 3 losses keep fans home. This could be the SOC chip

And, most of the teams that burg has played that have been worth anything have taken them out behind the woodshed and had their way with'em!
The Burg are for sure the underdogs in this one , Minford has played the tougher schedule so far this year. When was the last time Minford was the favorite against Burg?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:27 pm

The Burg are for sure the underdogs in this one , Minford has played the tougher schedule so far this year. When was the last time Minford was the favorite against Burg?
Minfords schedule was no where close to Burgs schedule.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Maybe if you go by this years records, Minford is the favorite. The Falcons’ schedule is only ranked #62 on schedule strength in DV while The Pirates schedule is ranked #9.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Unless you guys throw up a road block at the end of Falcon Drive, The Pirates are coming to show everyone who is STILL the reigning SOC 2 champs. Almost game time boys!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hey Vlad, you should be happy.

Burg is getting screwed out here tonight. Maybe you’ll breakdown all the holds being called on Burg

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Horsley to Mathews for 76 yards.

7-0 Pirates

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Hey Vlad, you should be happy.

Burg is getting screwed out here tonight. Maybe you’ll breakdown all the holds being called on Burg
You have no concept of a hold if you're watching the same game. Burg has held all night. Literally every play, major uncalled hold on Burgs big pass for a TD.

On a sidenote, Ruby should fire himself from playcalling. This is pathetic.

VL can sling it all over the field and has great receivers. Yet he has thrown the ball 3 or 4 times. One for a TD that was called back for holding.

Playing not to lose offensively strikes again I guess.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:52 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Hey Vlad, you should be happy.

You have no concept of a hold if you're watching the same game. Burg has held all night. Literally every play, major uncalled hold on Burgs big pass for a TD.

On a sidenote, Ruby should fire himself from playcalling. This is pathetic.

VL can sling it all over the field and has great receivers. Yet he has thrown the ball 3 or 4 times. One for a TD that was called back for holding.

Playing not to lose offensively strikes again I guess.
My problem is the calls that don’t affect the play, this is what we are seeing here. It sucks the momentum from the game on both sides.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Maybe so BR but they were calling none on Minford when I posted that. Now they are even up. Minford’s tackles can’t contain the Burg DE’s so they are just grabbing and finally they are getting called.

Otherwise, this has been a great HS football game. Still anyone’s game.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

60 yard TD pass for The Falcons. XP no good.

7-6. 6:47. 3rd

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Football”