Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: October 4, 2019 Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Great game tonight!! Definitely lived up to the hype. Both teams left it all on the field. Congratulations Pirates on the victory to start league play. Now onto the Oaks!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:25 pm Minford will win in OT

Why would you want Minford to win? Jackson is going to need all the points they can get.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:05 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:00 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm
Wasn't that the original plan Miller at QB Horsley at FB Matthews and Nunley at the wings.
I figured nunley in the backfield not sure what the coaches plans were
That's what I was told. That would've been one heckuva backfield.
To be honest with you, I don’t think that was the plan. I think Burg still thinks they can dominate with the spread, even with their personnel not matching

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Is Nunley out the whole season? He would have made this team better with his speed.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:05 pm I will say this Risner is a BALLER! Wow
I wish he had a few more quick screens thrown his way, and let him make something happen out in space. He's explosive, and a great football player.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:25 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:00 pm
I figured nunley in the backfield not sure what the coaches plans were
To be honest with you, I don’t think that was the plan. I think Burg still thinks they can dominate with the spread, even with their personnel not matching
Doesn’t matter who the qb is this team can’t throw the ball
Whether it be inaccurate throws, no blocking, receivers dropping it or not getting open it’s always something. Horsley and Mathews put the team on there backs tonight. Good game, nice win. Burg needed it

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burgs senior class showed their experience tonite, they've been in a lot of big games and close games, that's worth a 1 point difference. Notably 22,10,63, over the last 3 years they got 13 extra weeks of practice due to deep playoff runs and they practiced against some pretty good talent.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Joe Eitel updated pretty quickly tonight.

Minford 3rd
Wheelersburg 5th in Region 19

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

A tale of two point conversions. One was a great call and the other leave you scratching your head. Why is QB up under center on biggest play of game when they hadn’t been all night?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:40 pm Joe Eitel updated pretty quickly tonight.

Minford 3rd
Wheelersburg 5th in Region 19

Burg wins out they should host a first round game.

Ridgewood looks like they will be tough. ironton still playing strong. Johnston going to need some help to get in. Should be a fun region to watch.

Realfax
Waterboy

Post by Realfax »

What a game by Makya Mathews. His chase down at the beginning of the game saved the pirates for sure.heck of an athlete

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burg put Mathews in motion and Horsley at QB Minford didn’t have an answer, drove three straight times in 2nd half. Penalty on 3rd and one put it 3rd and 11 and threw INT deep in Minford territory. did the same and scored. Then burg went away from that set, should have stayed with it and got in field goal range to end game but did anyways. Burg killed theirselves all night on drives with stupid personnel foul penalties, on 5 or 6 time.Minfords tackles couldn’t stop burgs speedy ends that’s why Minford didn’t have time to throw the ball. #2 for burg burnt all night!!
Last edited by 14U on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

buckeyeball
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeball »

JTEK wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:31 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:25 pm
Doesn’t matter who the qb is this team can’t throw the ball
Whether it be inaccurate throws, no blocking, receivers dropping it or not getting open it’s always something. Horsley and Mathews put the team on there backs tonight. Good game, nice win. Burg needed it
I agree with u. Didn’t matter who is QB if u don’t receivers who are catching the ball or inaccurate passing game from either sort. Horsley stepped up but I wouldn’t say the sophomore had a bad game either. Horsley over thru as well, and had a pick as well . But his run game was solid. Burgs run game second half was solid.

buckeyeball
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeball »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:19 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:53 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:38 pm
Agreed! He is a veteran with a lot of on-field experience in big games.
He’s banged up though. I say rest him and let sanderlin get the start against valley
May not be a bad idea. Getting Sanderlin some reps against Oak Hill on the road could be beneficial for a young QB. If Sanderlin starts and things don't go as planned, Horsley can always come in like he did tonight. But, Masters is a good athlete and I think he has to be utilized on the field in some capacity.
Sanderlin start as QB? I think that is the craziest idea ever . He’s a great athlete , but is he a great QB? To where u could say he’s better than the sophomore or the senior. I don’t see it . Run game maybe, but is overall better.. Y’all make things so personal on here but don’t wanna be true yourselves . He got in on Jackson game too, also thru a pick the first play. Be realistic. Or are we talking about him having great JV games. Bc Masters also dominated JV. Varsity and JV is a diff high tempo game. He’s good but i wouldn’t say better . Don’t take away from a kid off of your personal relationships with ppl.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I saw where someone said ruby for the falcons didn’t call a good game. He called a great game if you asked me. Burg a lot of times was only putting 5 in the box. That’s tough to throw and run to the outside on. But his touchdown play call in overtime was perfectly set up and called at the right time. He showed that rpo all night with Risner in the flats. On that play Risner turned it up on the vertical.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

buckeyeball wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:48 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:53 pm

He’s banged up though. I say rest him and let sanderlin get the start against valley
May not be a bad idea. Getting Sanderlin some reps against Oak Hill on the road could be beneficial for a young QB. If Sanderlin starts and things don't go as planned, Horsley can always come in like he did tonight. But, Masters is a good athlete and I think he has to be utilized on the field in some capacity.
Sanderlin start as QB? I think that is the craziest idea ever . He’s a great athlete , but is he a great QB? To where u could say he’s better than the sophomore or the senior. I don’t see it . Run game maybe, but is overall better.. Y’all make things so personal on here but don’t wanna be true yourselves . He got in on Jackson game too, also thru a pick the first play. Be realistic. Or are we talking about him having great JV games. Bc Masters also dominated JV. Varsity and JV is a diff high tempo game. He’s good but i wouldn’t say better . Don’t take away from a kid off of your personal relationships with ppl.
I was presented with a hypothetical situation by another poster and I said that it may not be a bad idea? I think it is fair to say that the play at QB this season has been very inconsistent. Also, I am not making anything personal. All of these kids work hard and have the desire to be the best football players they can. Masters is a good athlete and a good football player. I said that he should be utilized in some capacity, and that capacity may very well be at QB. I understand that he is young, and he is still learning and growing as a player. But, the bottom line is that after a tough start to this season, every game going forward is important. You have to put the personnel on the field that gives you the best chance to win. In my opinion, the offense looked the best last night with Horsley at QB.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:40 am
buckeyeball wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:48 am
I was presented with a hypothetical situation by another poster and I said that it may not be a bad idea? I think it is fair to say that the play at QB this season has been very inconsistent. Also, I am not making anything personal. All of these kids work hard and have the desire to be the best football players they can. Masters is a good athlete and a good football player. I said that he should be utilized in some capacity, and that capacity may very well be at QB. I understand that he is young, and he is still learning and growing as a player. But, the bottom line is that after a tough start to this season, every game going forward is important. You have to put the personnel on the field that gives you the best chance to win. In my opinion, the offense looked the best last night with Horsley at QB.
Horsley is a 3 year starter and probably has at least 35lbs on the #14. Horsley ran like a beast last night. He was punishing people.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Wheelersburg is back to reality. Minford should’ve won. Good game Minford. Waverly will beat Wheelersburg.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the burg. big win for them, that they needed badly. my money was on Minford. but wanted burg to win for points. congratulations to both teams. I'd love to watch this one somehow. sounds like a wonderful high school game experience.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”