Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by ballplayer1992 »

fbnut wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:59 am
ballplayer1992 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:40 am
buckeyeball wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:48 am

Sanderlin start as QB? I think that is the craziest idea ever . He’s a great athlete , but is he a great QB? To where u could say he’s better than the sophomore or the senior. I don’t see it . Run game maybe, but is overall better.. Y’all make things so personal on here but don’t wanna be true yourselves . He got in on Jackson game too, also thru a pick the first play. Be realistic. Or are we talking about him having great JV games. Bc Masters also dominated JV. Varsity and JV is a diff high tempo game. He’s good but i wouldn’t say better . Don’t take away from a kid off of your personal relationships with ppl.
I was presented with a hypothetical situation by another poster and I said that it may not be a bad idea? I think it is fair to say that the play at QB this season has been very inconsistent. Also, I am not making anything personal. All of these kids work hard and have the desire to be the best football players they can. Masters is a good athlete and a good football player. I said that he should be utilized in some capacity, and that capacity may very well be at QB. I understand that he is young, and he is still learning and growing as a player. But, the bottom line is that after a tough start to this season, every game going forward is important. You have to put the personnel on the field that gives you the best chance to win. In my opinion, the offense looked the best last night with Horsley at QB.
Horsley is a 3 year starter and probably has at least 35lbs on the #14. Horsley ran like a beast last night. He was punishing people.
No doubt. He played an excellent game on both sides of the ball.

14U
S

Re: October 4, 2019 Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Post by 14U »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:16 am I saw where someone said ruby for the falcons didn’t call a good game. He called a great game if you asked me. Burg a lot of times was only putting 5 in the box. That’s tough to throw and run to the outside on. But his touchdown play call in overtime was perfectly set up and called at the right time. He showed that rpo all night with Risner in the flats. On that play Risner turned it up on the vertical.
Ruby didn’t call the game, Daniels did. Daniels came back and now up in the box and it’s has showed. Minford only has one more test, waverly should go 9-1 or 8-2.

14U
S

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by 14U »

buckeyeball wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:33 am
JTEK wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:31 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:25 pm

To be honest with you, I don’t think that was the plan. I think Burg still thinks they can dominate with the spread, even with their personnel not matching
Doesn’t matter who the qb is this team can’t throw the ball
Whether it be inaccurate throws, no blocking, receivers dropping it or not getting open it’s always something. Horsley and Mathews put the team on there backs tonight. Good game, nice win. Burg needed it
I agree with u. Didn’t matter who is QB if u don’t receivers who are catching the ball or inaccurate passing game from either sort. Horsley stepped up but I wouldn’t say the sophomore had a bad game either. Horsley over thru as well, and had a pick as well . But his run game was solid. Burgs run game second half was solid.
Burg has a 6’6 215 receiver that catches the ball but they put him at tightend this year. Now he is on the bench still doesn’t know the position I was told! Put him back at receiver.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:12 am Wheelersburg is back to reality. Minford should’ve won. Good game Minford. Waverly will beat Wheelersburg.
Thought both teams played good. Burg didn’t quit like you predicted. Didn’t you pick Minford to win SOC?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:12 am Wheelersburg is back to reality. Minford should’ve won. Good game Minford. Waverly will beat Wheelersburg.
Should have won? Burg kicked theirselves all night. Burg threw INT on drive to score but playing without QB. I know 5 drive ending 15 yards penalties. 3 missed tackles on Minford TD down sidelines. Burg didn’t even have a passing game or QB in last night. Burg put Mathews in motion and Horsley taking snap and drive 3 straight times. Also being down on field Minford had linemen tired and their meal was ready to come up!!

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:41 am
Should have won? Burg kicked theirselves all night. Burg threw INT on drive to score but playing without QB. I know 5 drive ending 15 yards penalties. 3 missed tackles on Minford TD down sidelines. Burg didn’t even have a passing game or QB in last night. Burg put Mathews in motion and Horsley taking snap and drive 3 straight times. Also being down on field Minford had linemen tired and their meal was ready to come up!!

Yeah make fun of Minford. You always looked down on Minford now you can barely beat them.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg is back to what reality and why should Minford had won?

Burg could have won this game by at least 10. Zebras kept taking care of that. That official on the Minford side was being hounded all night by the coaching staff because he threw the majority of the flags. They were inconsistent to say the least because in the 4th qtr they threw hardly any flags

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:48 am

Yeah make fun of Minford. You always looked down on Minford now you can barely beat them.
Yeah about every 10 years Burg can "barely" beat Minford. Minford might have one more shot in the playoffs but then after that could be awhile again.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Ending story of the game!! Both teams left it on the field and gave us all a great game to watch. It has been the best game of the year to watch for anybody as game went to overtime and burg holding Minford on the 2 point conversion. I go for it too. This game was like the burg- Minford game that went in overtime I think 07 with Minford holding burg for 17-16 win!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:49 am

Burg is back to what reality and why should Minford had won?

Burg could have won this game by at least 10. Zebras kept taking care of that. That official on the Minford side was being hounded all night by the coaching staff because he threw the majority of the flags. They were inconsistent to say the least because in the 4th qtr they threw hardly any flags
Idk if it was true but someone mentioned earlier this week the burg alumni crew was calling the game if that was true I would prefer a Minford alumni crew call next years game :lol:
Last edited by fbnut on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Great effort Minford , all with your own minford kids.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:58 am Great effort Minford , all with your own minford kids.
It was a great effort by the Minford and burg kids

14U
S

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:54 am

Yeah about every 10 years Burg can "barely" beat Minford. Minford might have one more shot in the playoffs but then after that could be awhile again.
Yes after this year Minford just doesn’t have much coming up,they had 7 seniors on offense and 3 juniors. Who will block for Lewis next year to throw to Skaggs and Risner? Also those same boys were on defense too with 2 other seniors playing defense

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I’m not making fun at Minford. Don’t see where u see it. I have many friends at Minford. Just barely beat? Have you looked at the scores just in the last 10 years? Minford is a senior dominate team that this was their year over a 2-3 burg team.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

You guys are giving Larry way too much enjoyment.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:12 am

I’m not making fun at Minford. Don’t see where u see it. I have many friends at Minford. Just barely beat? Have you looked at the scores just in the last 10 years? Minford is a senior dominate team that this was their year over a 2-3 burg team.
Saying Minford line was tired and ready to throw up. Wheelersburg is seniors too . The best backs and most line so keep that in mind .

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:58 am Great effort Minford , all with your own minford kids.
Lol Larry ur killing me!! Like Minford has never had a kid come play for them, but I don’t think burg has anybody that came straight to high school to play football. Somebody from burg needs to answer that question but when I do talk to burg fans kids come to burg during elementary or jr high if they do come but it’s more for education is better! Just what I’ve been told

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:20 am

Saying Minford line was tired and ready to throw up. Wheelersburg is seniors too . The best backs and most line so keep that in mind .
Yep and they did what seniors are supposed to do. They put the team on their backs and led
Them to a much needed win over a 5-0 team
Thanks to both teams for a very enjoyable game to watch
Maybe we can do it again in the playoffs

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:20 am

That’s not making fun of, that’s saying they had to play 4quarters and chasing those faster ends for burg had them tired, gased and that’s what burg is good for depth wearing you out.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

This thread was about as good as it could get last night after the game. Lots of great posters and plenty of posts about the kids and the teams.

You guys are purposely allowing a troll to troll. You are inviting him in. Good luck.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Football”