Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

JTEK
All State

Re: October 4, 2019 Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Post by JTEK »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:20 am You guys are giving Larry way too much enjoyment.
It’s ok it might be all the enjoyment he gets all week :lol:

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:49 am
Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:12 am Wheelersburg is back to reality. Minford should’ve won. Good game Minford. Waverly will beat Wheelersburg.

Burg is back to what reality and why should Minford had won?

Burg could have won this game by at least 10. Zebras kept taking care of that. That official on the Minford side was being hounded all night by the coaching staff because he threw the majority of the flags. They were inconsistent to say the least because in the 4th qtr they threw hardly any flags
I would rewatch the film every flag on burg was legit they were drilling people in the back and holding like crazy. So was Minford with the holding

Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:12 am Wheelersburg is back to reality. Minford should’ve won. Good game Minford. Waverly will beat Wheelersburg.

Burg could have won this game by at least 10. Zebras kept taking care of that. That official on the Minford side was being hounded all night by the coaching staff because he threw the majority of the flags. They were inconsistent to say the least because in the 4th qtr they threw hardly any flags
Lmao are you disagreeing with the obvious blocking in the backs or when burg lineman were tackling guys? They called some pretty big penalties on Minford as well. To say the refs kept Minford in this game is absolute trash.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 am congratulations to the burg. big win for them, that they needed badly. my money was on Minford. but wanted burg to win for points. congratulations to both teams. I'd love to watch this one somehow. sounds like a wonderful high school game experience.
Go to hudl.com

14U
S

Post by 14U »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 am This thread was about as good as it could get last night after the game. Lots of great posters and plenty of posts about the kids and the teams.

You guys are purposely allowing a troll to troll. You are inviting him in. Good luck.
Just early morning nothing to do but to give old Larry some air time!! He will fade in the wind now as today will be his last!! I always talk sports don’t get caught into the trolling larrys of the world.it was a great game last night, got our money in a overtime thriller. Both teams kicked theirselves in the butt all night with turnovers, penalties at costly times.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

All the penalties were legit. There were probably more. When you have a fight like that, there’s going to be hold, blocking in back, unsportsmanlike, etc. but I can’t stand when officials throw a flag so far away from the play where it’s not impacted. That’s where they become excessive.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Hey Larrwy, watcha think about them Ashland running backs, one had 170+ yds., the other 113 yds! Wow, that's close to 300 yds. on that awesome tiger defense! :lol: Oh yea, none of those powerful D1 tiger backs even had a hundred yards! "It's only Ashland!" :lol:

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:48 am
14U wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:41 am
Should have won? Burg kicked theirselves all night. Burg threw INT on drive to score but playing without QB. I know 5 drive ending 15 yards penalties. 3 missed tackles on Minford TD down sidelines. Burg didn’t even have a passing game or QB in last night. Burg put Mathews in motion and Horsley taking snap and drive 3 straight times. Also being down on field Minford had linemen tired and their meal was ready to come up!!

Yeah make fun of Minford. You always looked down on Minford now you can barely beat them.
Ironton, used to make fun of the OVC, now you're in it and have regularly got your butt kicked in it, Ashland, tigers always said, "it's only Ashland"...now they own you and their backfield out performed your all D1 backfield... give it a rest Larrwy! :roll:

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Swayze wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:45 am

Lmao are you disagreeing with the obvious blocking in the backs or when burg lineman were tackling guys? They called some pretty big penalties on Minford as well. To say the refs kept Minford in this game is absolute trash.
Both teams kicked theirselves in the butt all night with turnovers, penalties at costly times!! Burg was called on all their stupid mental blasting in the back on 5 different times!! Right in front of refs. Most of Minfords was holding the quicker burg line. Yes there was a lot of flags but they were legit penalties. I was sitting with Minford dads and we all agreed on the penalties dumb on burgs and Minford couldn’t catch up with the quick line of burg. This was a great game to watch and couldn’t ask for anything more out of all 22 players out on the field!! I would love to see a rematch, would you?

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:58 am Great effort Minford , all with your own minford kids.
Quote, from the fan of a team that went out in one season and recruited not 6 but EIGHT players! 4 are known to start this year! How many of the others are getting playing time Larrwy?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Minford Drive that lasted 6:00 in the 4th quarter that tied the game was a thing of beauty.

Great game.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:18 am
Swayze wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:45 am

Both teams kicked theirselves in the butt all night with turnovers, penalties at costly times!! Burg was called on all their stupid mental blasting in the back on 5 different times!! Right in front of refs. Most of Minfords was holding the quicker burg line. Yes there was a lot of flags but they were legit penalties. I was sitting with Minford dads and we all agreed on the penalties dumb on burgs and Minford couldn’t catch up with the quick line of burg. This was a great game to watch and couldn’t ask for anything more out of all 22 players out on the field!! I would love to see a rematch, would you?
Totally agree! I was just responding to yabbadabadoofus.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:20 am You guys are giving Larry way too much enjoyment.
I "enjoy" heating up his jealousy! He constantly comes on here trolling burg and nothing is said, so like YTB has said, a little razzing is fun! I guess? :roll:
Last edited by Bobbbbbb on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:07 am All the penalties were legit. There were probably more. When you have a fight like that, there’s going to be hold, blocking in back, unsportsmanlike, etc. but I can’t stand when officials throw a flag so far away from the play where it’s not impacted. That’s where they become excessive.
Yes they were!! Burgs was easy to call in front of refs hit in back, line tackling not blocking.there was one bad penalty out of all them and it was burg tackling Minfords QB. He was on the field but slowed down to run out of bounds and got blasted. I believe they only called it because it was almost by Minfords bench, he was a QB slowing down to go out of bounds by got hit right before stepping out of bounds.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Personally, I think Minford has a great team and would be a tough out for any team in SEO!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:42 am

I would rewatch the film every flag on burg was legit they were drilling people in the back and holding like crazy. So was Minford with the holding
Didn’t need to to watch the film, lol. It was right in front of the refs or out by theirselves in the spotlight. All stupid mental penalties. As for Minford it was just the quicker D line. I said it last night. Both teams killed theirselves with turnovers and penalties but all 22 out on the field left it right there, on the field!! I say best game so far this year. Also what a play on 2 point conversion Lewis gives it to Wiget burg thinks it game after tackling him short but before Wiget goes down he pitches back to Lewis and tied the game, great stuff and alert!!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

14U wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:46 am

Didn’t need to to watch the film, lol. It was right in front of the refs or out by theirselves in the spotlight. All stupid mental penalties. As for Minford it was just the quicker D line. I said it last night. Both teams killed theirselves with turnovers and penalties but all 22 out on the field left it right there, on the field!! I say best game so far this year. Also what a play on 2 point conversion Lewis gives it to Wiget burg thinks it game after tackling him short but before Wiget goes down he pitches back to Lewis and tied the game, great stuff and alert!!
100% agree with you!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Bottom line is Minford didn't win. Burg will be fine against Waverly.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
14U
S

Post by 14U »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:48 am
100% agree with you!
BondRoad Bandit, I believe Minford only weak spot is ur kicking game. Extra point shaky all year, no deep kick offs, or field goals. I hate it but that’s the huge part in playoffs. Why isn’t Bob kicking off or extra points? He won PP&K 2 years in a row. I could understand if he was straight on kicker needing to change his shoe but he is soccer style and uses same shoe, makes no since too me. He kicked all the way up until now when it counts the most

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

14U wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:00 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:48 am

100% agree with you!
BondRoad Bandit, I believe Minford only weak spot is ur kicking game. Extra point shaky all year, no deep kick offs, or field goals. I hate it but that’s the huge part in playoffs. Why isn’t Bob kicking off or extra points? He won PP&K 2 years in a row. I could understand if he was straight on kicker needing to change his shoe but he is soccer style and uses same shoe, makes no since too me. He kicked all the way up until now when it counts the most
I don’t have an answer for that question truthfully.

Return to “Football”