Re: WK9 Minford @ Waverly

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly 42
Minford 22

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

To non Waverly fans Shanks coming off the field seems huge. Waverly has seen him come out like he did the end of Burg game a few plays go back out. Until I hear it from him, a coach or his parents that he is out I would not believe what you think you see on the field. When he goes out everyone assumes he is done.

I am not saying I agree with the situation just sharing the facts

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Can anyone tell me why he’s out there in the first place? What will waverly gain at the sake of having him out there?

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:17 pm Can anyone tell me why he’s out there in the first place? What will waverly gain at the sake of having him out there?
The same reason that Horsley is playing with an injured ankle.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Can’t see Waverly losing 2 in a row. Home playoff game on the line that will fire the kids up. But Minford needs a win or will be a 7 or 8 seed. I don’t think anybody wants to play Ridgewood.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Sports-nut wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:58 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:17 pm Can anyone tell me why he’s out there in the first place? What will waverly gain at the sake of having him out there?
No where close to the same injury, Horsley can actually move

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:40 pm
Not close to same injury Horsley had.
If someone on here doesn’t know what the injury is we surely aren’t telling you.
If he is able to go with the pain that decision is his. The only issue is the risk of injuring something else.
If he is able to go he will go - backup QB at this point cannot run that same offense. No knock at all on the backup, he just wasn’t/isn’t ready at this point in his young HS career.
Someone mentioned Will Futhey as the backup QB. At this point that option appears to have not been considered or worked on...

I don’t think we will say one way or the other what we know about Shanks being ready to go or not for this one. You’ll find out Friday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The thing about it is Minford will need to prepare for three different Waverly offenses.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

smurray wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:53 pm

If someone on here doesn’t know what the injury is we surely aren’t telling you.
If he is able to go with the pain that decision is his. The only issue is the risk of injuring something else.
If he is able to go he will go - backup QB at this point cannot run that same offense. No knock at all on the backup, he just wasn’t/isn’t ready at this point in his young HS career.
Someone mentioned Will Futhey as the backup QB. At this point that option appears to have not been considered or worked on...

I don’t think we will say one way or the other what we know about Shanks being ready to go or not for this one. You’ll find out Friday.
Never said it was the same injury. I know what Shanks injury is. My point being is he is a leader on the field and as a leader he wants to be on the field.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sports-nut wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:11 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Never said it was the same injury. I know what Shanks injury is. My point being is he is a leader on the field and as a leader he wants to be on the field.
Ok cool, understand. Some still don’t know and if they don’t we aren’t saying on here.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Actually minford will get back to work and waverly will have the post burg syndrome , I like
Minford in the upset

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:41 pm Actually minford will get back to work and waverly will have the post burg syndrome , I like
Minford in the upset
Post Burg syndrome? I’m sure that loss left a bad taste in their mouth just like the Unioto game did. These Tigers will get back to work this week, already have with film study, and focus on the task at hand - beating the Falcons as they invade the jungle.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

The Oak Hill outcome certainly throws a wrench in the works. Overall, Minford has the better defense but Waverly has the better offense. When strength matches strength, it makes it harder to predict how that match-up works out. Also a possible change in quarterback brings in question marks. Both Shoemaker and Wiget are good running backs. Give Payton the edge but Waverly gives up the running yards so expect Ty to have a good game. Both are going to be out to prove something.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

smurray wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:41 pm Actually minford will get back to work and waverly will have the post burg syndrome , I like
Minford in the upset
Post Burg syndrome? I’m sure that loss left a bad taste in their mouth just like the Unioto game did. These Tigers will get back to work this week, already have with film study, and focus on the task at hand - beating the Falcons as they invade the jungle.
Yep
Just like minford had, Those teams put all their effort and emotions all week to beating Wheelersburg and when they fail to do so they struggle to get back up. I’ll stand by my theory. “PWS” post Wheelersburg syndrome is real

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Minford in the upset
PWS is real. I’ve been watching burg football for 20 years, and I’ve seen it first hand. Especially these last 6+ years...!

Good catch poo bear 🐻

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:17 pm
Minford in the upset
PWS is real. I’ve been watching burg football for 20 years, and I’ve seen it first hand. Especially these last 6+ years...!

Good catch poo bear 🐻

Thanks man

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:37 pm Shanks is fine. He will go at practice tomorrow. I talked to him
Fine hu?? He won't be fine for awhile, you simply mean he's going to push on through, honestly he's come this far and I hope he can push through without further injury. My worry is come playoff time when a team gets after him, obviously Waverly is throwing the quick stuff. Once the competition amps up and a team can put quick pressure what is going to happen?? So far no team has really just got to him in the pocket on a regular basis.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Can’t be sure either team can make a claim to win. Minford getting beat by Oak Hill? What does that say? And Waverly QB will question mark.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford needs to burn the Camo uniforms they donned for the Oak Hill game. I know they were a gift from a local organization, thanks but no thanks.
I've never watched a team have their best outing in those unis.

To the game, Minford has great DBs and they have a nose for the ball, so I look for a few INTs. If Minford's D-line and LBs step up and contain the kid from Bainbridge-Paint Valley, Shoemaker, then I like Minford in the upset.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”