Wellston 42 - 34 Meigs

GRF
Waterboy

Re: WK9 Meigs @ Wellston

Post by GRF »

I remember that game. It was a great win. Chad’s son Chase did the kicking for extra points until he broke his collar bone during the Piketon game. Wellston and Meigs have had a lot of barn burners. Last year Meigs won 28/26, in the last minute Meigs had an onside kick and the refs had to get the rule book to figure it out.

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

The rockets will route the marauders.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The Marauders need some divine intervention just to keep it close this week.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LonelyWinner
Riding the Bench

Post by LonelyWinner »

Wellston should ROLL

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Wellston fell prey to being complacent and predictable on offense against Athens. That was not the same team that played against Jackson. Vinton County is waiting for arrival.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

gator81 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 pm Wellston fell prey to being complacent and predictable on offense against Athens. That was not the same team that played against Jackson. Vinton County is waiting for arrival.
You didn't watch the same game as I did, then. Athens clearly outplayed Wellston all night long. And I'm sure Wellston staff let the team get complacent in problaby their biggest game since when, '06? :roll:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

gator81 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 pm Wellston fell prey to being complacent and predictable on offense against Athens. That was not the same team that played against Jackson. Vinton County is waiting for arrival.
Wellston had 40 total yards vs Jackson. I hope it wasn’t same offense.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Yes sir, Poo Bear it was the same.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Wellston played strong through the entire game with Jackson. Two major turn overs made huge difference. This is in no way a slide against the Ironmen, great team. The 3 qtr with Athens you could see the shift in the game. And with no new offensive scheme, we you saw the results.

pomeroy panther
Waterboy

Post by pomeroy panther »

All I can say is that we are about to get embarrassed. This season has been a total disappointment. I hate to say that the wrong move was made by hiring Tennant. Of all people, we are about to get completely humiliated by WELLSTON, of all schools, that's the worst one to get throttled by. Gone are the days when Meigs football was something we could hold our heads high about. Mike Bartrum, you ruined our culture you SOB. Oh, the sweet glorious days when you could go to a game at the old stadium and not be embarrassed to be a fan. Then Bartrum moved the stadium and we started losing. A pitiful time to be a Marauder... so ashamed

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

pomeroy panther wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:24 am All I can say is that we are about to get embarrassed. This season has been a total disappointment. I hate to say that the wrong move was made by hiring Tennant. Of all people, we are about to get completely humiliated by WELLSTON, of all schools, that's the worst one to get throttled by. Gone are the days when Meigs football was something we could hold our heads high about. Mike Bartrum, you ruined our culture you SOB. Oh, the sweet glorious days when you could go to a game at the old stadium and not be embarrassed to be a fan. Then Bartrum moved the stadium and we started losing. A pitiful time to be a Marauder... so ashamed
Hopefully ya'll can pull one off in this one. We sure could use the playoff points so if we win out we can make it in. Would love another shot at Fort Frye. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

pomeroy panther wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:24 am All I can say is that we are about to get embarrassed. This season has been a total disappointment. I hate to say that the wrong move was made by hiring Tennant. Of all people, we are about to get completely humiliated by WELLSTON, of all schools, that's the worst one to get throttled by. Gone are the days when Meigs football was something we could hold our heads high about. Mike Bartrum, you ruined our culture you SOB. Oh, the sweet glorious days when you could go to a game at the old stadium and not be embarrassed to be a fan. Then Bartrum moved the stadium and we started losing. A pitiful time to be a Marauder... so ashamed

Meigs record would be the same no matter who the coach is this year or what field they played on. The stadium should of been where it's at now 50 years ago

GRF
Waterboy

Post by GRF »

Coach Smith has not humiliated any opponent this year and he won’t do it to Meigs if he has the opportunity. Wellston has been down before but I am always proud of the high school athletes that represent our district win or lose. Meigs has nothing to be ashamed about. These kids are not giving up and are doing their best under difficult circumstances and should be respected. Wellston will be ready because they know they can’t take Meigs lightly.

GRF
Waterboy

Post by GRF »

Game Day! Good Luck Rockets 🚀!
Safe travels and injury free game for both teams.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History since 2000:
2000: Wellston 16 Meigs 8
2001: Wellston 64 Meigs 7
2002: Wellston 46 Meigs 0
2003: Wellston 54 Meigs 6
2004: Wellston 31 Meigs 28
2005: Wellston 37 Meigs 12
2006: Wellston 16 Meigs 12
2007: Meigs 48 Wellston 13
2008: Meigs 42 Wellston 20
2009: Meigs 18 Wellston 14
2010: Wellston 21 Meigs 0
2011: Meigs 21 Wellston 12
2012: Wellston 34 Meigs 29
2013: Meigs 40 Wellston 7
2014: Meigs 56 Wellston 6
2015: Meigs 50 Wellston 38
2016: Wellston 43 Meigs 12
2017: Wellston 45 Meigs 43 (OT)
2018: Meigs 28 Wellston 26

SE Ohio Fan
Waterboy

Post by SE Ohio Fan »

Growing programs need help and encouragement. Better yet, they need people to help the program instead of bashing them in a public forum. I wonder what contribution has been made to the program with this one. All of the teams in the area have struggled from time to time, including my team. We must keep it positive and encourage these young men who entertain us on Friday nights. Change happens and when it does, how we act determines our character. Good luck to these two teams tonight.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully Wellston wins out

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Now it looks like you are pretty new to this site but unsure why you made the comment of Wellston is one of the worst to be throttled by as well as Barturm ruining your culture?I am going to add this information to clear it up though, since 2000 here is the overall record of both schools...

Wellston: 96-102
Meigs: 95-103

this includes games played up to this week.... Neither have been a power house or a top dog since 2006? Both schools had a record of 7-3 that year.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

itsme wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Meigs record would be the same no matter who the coach is this year or what field they played on. The stadium should of been where it's at now 50 years ago
Do they still have that NFL coach over there? :mrgreen:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

WOW! All we heard about Bartrum was, "he's a proven winner." Plus, "he's NFL so he has to be a great high school coach." Are you telling me you don't agree with those statements? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”