Paint Valley 34 - 46 Southeastern

joeboggs1
JV Team

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Southeastern @ Paint Valley (SVC Chip)

Post by joeboggs1 »

Ruby is an incredible athlete. One of the best I’ve seen come thru the league. He was by far the difference tonight.

Incredible effort by the Paint Valley kids. The seniors kept everyone playing hard and some young kids have really stepped up well. There is no doubt they will bounce back.

Hats off to a pretty great officiating crew tonight. Really did a nice job!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Said on the radio that Ruby was only tackled 4 times on his 19 carries.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

se-alum wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:38 pm Said on the radio that Ruby was only tackled 4 times on his 19 carries.
Yeah, they were either for a TD or a smart play to get out of bounds. The kid has speed, then afterburners on top of speed.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Wow, congrats to southeastern on a huge win

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

se-alum wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:38 pm Said on the radio that Ruby was only tackled 4 times on his 19 carries.
Not that it really matters, but this is simply untrue.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Southeastern on a big win tonight, and an outstanding season so far.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Paint Valley 34 - 46 Southeastern

Post by mattash »

Paint Valley 34 - 46 Southeastern

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Looks like 3 SVC teams have clinched playoff berths, with SE clinching home field.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

The gap in the athleticism of Ruby and our quickest player is as wide as the Grand Canyon, watching our defense trying to track him down was painful to watch. SE is the most one player offense that I think I have ever seen, when they play a team like Covington or Mechanicsburg in the playoffs the one man show will probably end.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Bumpy wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:16 am The gap in the athleticism of Ruby and our quickest player is as wide as the Grand Canyon, watching our defense trying to track him down was painful to watch. SE is the most one player offense that I think I have ever seen, when they play a team like Covington or Mechanicsburg in the playoffs the one man show will probably end.
He's definitely the catalyst, and best player, but Nusser was over 100yds and approaching 1000 for the season. Also, I don't care how fast and elusive you are, you need a line to give you a chance.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Bumpy wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:16 am The gap in the athleticism of Ruby and our quickest player is as wide as the Grand Canyon, watching our defense trying to track him down was painful to watch. SE is the most one player offense that I think I have ever seen, when they play a team like Covington or Mechanicsburg in the playoffs the one man show will probably end.
Very nice backhanded compliment. Fact is Nusser was gashing you for 5-7 most runs himself. SE has a disciplined line with two very capable runners is #35 and #22. Ruby is at another level of course speed wise and running.
SE run may get halted by Covington or Mechanicsburg, but at least they have a chance to make it that far. PV on the other hand does not. That’s the difference!

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Not really a backhanded comment, I seriously doubt that a non SE football follower could watch this team and have a different observation than I do. Ruby is a great player surrounded by a handful of role players, not putting them down at all, apparently my Bearcats are average as well. Outside the SVC football is played a little different and we can't seem to close the gap, pretty sure Covington and Mechanicsburg would have a better defensive scheme than we saw last night and not let one player take them out.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Would have loved to have seen the Bearcats pull of what would have been an upset, being they were down to studs.

Leecorso
Waterboy

Post by Leecorso »

I’m new to the svc went to several games this year and have seen se last 2 weeks yes ruby is impressive but their o line is moving your team backwards every play that is impressive to You should be happy your league has a player like ruby to watch not complain about their teams scheme to be honest you act like a sore loser. I watched paint valley 2 games this year as well I thought they would scheme better on defense. However I’m not a particular fan of either team I wish all the svc teams good luck in the playoffs not to lose

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Chief02 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:51 am
Very nice backhanded compliment. Fact is Nusser was gashing you for 5-7 most runs himself. SE has a disciplined line with two very capable runners is #35 and #22. Ruby is at another level of course speed wise and running.
SE run may get halted by Covington or Mechanicsburg, but at least they have a chance to make it that far. PV on the other hand does not. That’s the difference!
PV has clinched a playoff spot, so they do have a chance.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I have underrated Southeastern’s TEAM. I knew Ruby was a special talent, but I didn’t give enough credit to his linemen, both offensively and defensively. I expected PV to be able to win the upfront battle and be able to get enough stops to take this one. Congrats to SE. It appears that they have all but locked up the #1 seed in Region 24 even if Adena wins next week. Definitely clinched a share of SVC title

Return to “Football”