Nelsonville-York 34 - 20 Vinton County

NY BUCK
All State

Re: WK9 Vinton County @ Nelsonville-York

Post by NY BUCK »

NY played best overall game of the year tonight. Looked better all around the board and I about fainted in the bleachers when I saw us go under center not only once but multiple times. 3 got up to double digits in touches and had two punt returns TD’s called back. Glad the six seniors got a win in their last home game. Big one next week. Good luck to VC in their game next week.

Go Bucks!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Nelsonville-York 34 - 20 Vinton County

Post by mattash »

Good win by Nelsonville

Nelsonville-York 34 - 20 Vinton County

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

LeftHanded wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 pm Nelsonville-York: Where the refs give the home team 10 yards on an 8 yard rush and the opposing team 8 yards on a 10 yard rush.

Nelsonville-21 Vinton County-14 Haltime

Vinton County gets ball to start 2nd half
Happened all night. Lol After watching the film, it was even worse. I’m definitely not one to complain about a crew but wow. That’s all I’ll say. Big week next week against Wellston. Good luck to NY against Athens.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Reds Fan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:18 am I've heard that VC's QB is out this week. don't know how much this will effect the vikes. I'll still take VC in a close one.
Did the VC QB miss this game, and if so, will he be able to play next week against the Rockets ?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:15 am
Reds Fan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:18 am I've heard that VC's QB is out this week. don't know how much this will effect the vikes. I'll still take VC in a close one.
Did the VC QB miss this game, and if so, will he be able to play next week against the Rockets ?
No, Damron played. He’s good to go for next week as well.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

I have seen film as well and there should’ve been more flags thrown.... you lost so let’s blame the refs.....smh

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:26 am I have seen film as well and there should’ve been more flags thrown.... you lost so let’s blame the refs.....smh
Not blaming the refs. It was simply an observation (oddly consistent observation I, and others, see at Nelsonville more than other places). But that’s beside the point...

I think Vinton County played their worst game of the year (and that includes a 35-0 loss to Southeastern). Nelsonville played very well. Better team on the night got the win

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:26 am I have seen film as well and there should’ve been more flags thrown.... you lost so let’s blame the refs.....smh
Would you rather us blame it on injuries?

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

I disagree about NY playing their best game of the year. NY had 5-6 dropped passes. 2 where NY receivers were behind the db's for possibly a TD. That is uncharacteristic of NY and they also had a dropped Int. that resulted in a V.C. TD right before half. Also Dundas if refs were bad why would they call back 2 NY punt returns that resulted in TD's for NY.
Biggest play of the game was when your coach went for it on 4th and 2 on his own 38 and gave NY a short field to go up 21-7.
Was a good game to watch and I am glad our 6 seniors went out the right way on senior night.

Tough task next week to head to Rutter field and take on Athens and that offense but who knows. Good Luck to V.C. against the Rockets. That is always a classic.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Or suspension whatever floats your boat 😂😂

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:31 pm Or suspension whatever floats your boat 😂😂
We won the week with a suspended player. So that wouldn't be a good excuse.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

But not this week 🤷🏻‍♂️

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:56 am
LeftHanded wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 pm Nelsonville-York: Where the refs give the home team 10 yards on an 8 yard rush and the opposing team 8 yards on a 10 yard rush.

Nelsonville-21 Vinton County-14 Haltime

Vinton County gets ball to start 2nd half
Happened all night. Lol After watching the film, it was even worse. I’m definitely not one to complain about a crew but wow. That’s all I’ll say. Big week next week against Wellston. Good luck to NY against Athens.
We called this one on Power 105 and I know we made at least 7 comments about the spotting of the football. The one that stood out was the 4th down and 1 late that VC had that ball was on the 19 and was a half yard short on the measurement but when they gave the ball to NY and they flipped the ball it was spotted on the 18. Well had they spotted it that way for VC then its a first down??! The other was a NY player tackled ON the 45 and they moved the ball back to the 43???? He was LAYING ON THE 45!! I didn't get any of the spots for most of the game. It was sketchy.

Live Like A Champion!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That crew is from Portsmouth.

Who would have thought if you give Wilburn the ball 15 times, he would dominate vinton county.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:02 pm That crew is from Portsmouth.

Who would have thought if you give Wilburn the ball 15 times, he would dominate vinton county.
10 Times. And all of the carries he got between the tackles went for an average of 2 yards. Again, he's best on the edge, he got the ball twice on dives but someone was in his face immediately so he bounced it and got to the edge and went for Touchdowns. The line just isn't there yet to make big holes for RB's to run through. Hopefully Wilburn can get on the edge next week. Also, a lot of the times Wilburn isn't needed as much as you all think he is. There's a lot of talent on that team. Phillips, thrapp, McDonald, Carter, Snyder, Seel, that offense has the capability of doing a lot and getting a lot of kids involved. You can't give the ball to Wilburn every single play, teams put 2-3 people on him EVERY SNAP, and if you think that's a lie go look at the film. The one time we were able to connect on fade with Wilburn was when BU put 1 guy on him. Other than that, it's hard to get him the ball because teams do all they can to take him out of the game, so other kids need to be, and have been, utilized. Wilburns a fantastic athlete, one of the best to ever play at NY, but he's just 1 kid, Football is a team game

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

OSU22 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:21 am

10 Times. And all of the carries he got between the tackles went for an average of 2 yards. Again, he's best on the edge, he got the ball twice on dives but someone was in his face immediately so he bounced it and got to the edge and went for Touchdowns. The line just isn't there yet to make big holes for RB's to run through. Hopefully Wilburn can get on the edge next week. Also, a lot of the times Wilburn isn't needed as much as you all think he is. There's a lot of talent on that team. Phillips, thrapp, McDonald, Carter, Snyder, Seel, that offense has the capability of doing a lot and getting a lot of kids involved. You can't give the ball to Wilburn every single play, teams put 2-3 people on him EVERY SNAP, and if you think that's a lie go look at the film. The one time we were able to connect on fade with Wilburn was when BU put 1 guy on him. Other than that, it's hard to get him the ball because teams do all they can to take him out of the game, so other kids need to be, and have been, utilized. Wilburns a fantastic athlete, one of the best to ever play at NY, but he's just 1 kid, Football is a team game
One of the best ...not sure about that

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 am

If you don't think he's one of the best to ever play at NY you're insane.

Currently All Time leading receiver in Receiving yards, receiving TD's, Receptions. 2nd most Receiving yards in a season, 2nd most receptions in a season, 2nd most receiving yards in a season. 2nd most receptions in a game. Only player from NY to go over 1,800 Career receiving yards, next closest is 1,500. On the Rushing side he has the 5th most rushing yards in a career. The only 4 players above him are Justin Gail, Derek Arnold, Dave Boston Jr. and Alex Mount. He's ahead of a lot of Buckeye greats at RB. His 43 Rushing TD's are the 4th most in school history. His career average yards per carry is 8.0 ypc, that is 4th behind once again, Justin Gail, Derek Arnold and Dustin Young. He's currently averaging more Yards per carry this year than he has in any other year. He's averaging 11.6 ypc, only person that has a better ypc average in a single season was Alex Mount in 2016. He's also got 5 runs in the record book for the longest TD runs in school History. 5 OUT OF 10 ARE HIS! He actually had 5 before Friday and his 81 yarder actually bumped his 79 yarder out of the top 10 so he's got 6 out of the top 11 Longest TD runs. Now lets look at special teams. He's got more Kickoff Returns for TD's than anyone in school history, both of which are in the top 5 for longest KOR TD's at NY. And finally, after friday night. He's officially scored more Touchdowns than ANYONE in NY football history. He passed Justin Gail. I say once again, just because he doesn't get the football as much as all you armchair qb's think he should, doesn't mean he isn't a phenomenal football player and one of the best ones to ever play at NY. Facts and stats don't lie

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wilburn had 139 yards rushing. He also broke a long one loose but had it called back. I rewatch the game, the refs did a fine job spotting the ball. Just shows the difference between NY and VC. NY knows where the first down marker is

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

OSU22 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:06 am
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 am

If you don't think he's one of the best to ever play at NY you're insane.

Currently All Time leading receiver in Receiving yards, receiving TD's, Receptions. 2nd most Receiving yards in a season, 2nd most receptions in a season, 2nd most receiving yards in a season. 2nd most receptions in a game. Only player from NY to go over 1,800 Career receiving yards, next closest is 1,500. On the Rushing side he has the 5th most rushing yards in a career. The only 4 players above him are Justin Gail, Derek Arnold, Dave Boston Jr. and Alex Mount. He's ahead of a lot of Buckeye greats at RB. His 43 Rushing TD's are the 4th most in school history. His career average yards per carry is 8.0 ypc, that is 4th behind once again, Justin Gail, Derek Arnold and Dustin Young. He's currently averaging more Yards per carry this year than he has in any other year. He's averaging 11.6 ypc, only person that has a better ypc average in a single season was Alex Mount in 2016. He's also got 5 runs in the record book for the longest TD runs in school History. 5 OUT OF 10 ARE HIS! He actually had 5 before Friday and his 81 yarder actually bumped his 79 yarder out of the top 10 so he's got 6 out of the top 11 Longest TD runs. Now lets look at special teams. He's got more Kickoff Returns for TD's than anyone in school history, both of which are in the top 5 for longest KOR TD's at NY. And finally, after friday night. He's officially scored more Touchdowns than ANYONE in NY football history. He passed Justin Gail. I say once again, just because he doesn't get the football as much as all you armchair qb's think he should, doesn't mean he isn't a phenomenal football player and one of the best ones to ever play at NY. Facts and stats don't lie
Yeah just an opinion man. Some real warriors in NY history

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 am Wilburn had 139 yards rushing. He also broke a long one loose but had it called back. I rewatch the game, the refs did a fine job spotting the ball. Just shows the difference between NY and VC. NY knows where the first down marker is
Wow. Sometimes you say some intelligent things. This isn’t one of those times.

Return to “Football”