Jackson 70 Centennial 28

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson 70 Centennial 28

Post by Ironman92 »

Screw the ref on this crap! Screwed Jackson and Winters from a huge play and TD and got Mastin ripped. Mastin did nothing wrong but blow up #2 who was heading the same direction as the play was going and Mastin ran 10 yards right at his front side view to do it. Terrible call, I believe same ref who called Spires for a fumble on the 1 when the ground caused fumble and gave it to Centennial

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can’t get pic to load but it’s clear and crap

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:18 pm Screw the ref on this crap! Screwed Jackson and Winters from a huge play and TD and got Mastin ripped. Mastin did nothing wrong but blow up #2 who was heading the same direction as the play was going and Mastin ran 10 yards right at his front side view to do it. Terrible call, I believe same ref who called Spires for a fumble on the 1 when the ground caused fumble and gave it to Centennial
Not sure what it matters in a 70-28 win, however as I listened to it on the radio I believe they said it was a blindside block. Loading a picture won't work either, without seeing the entire video play out that's the only way to judge a blindside block. You can see a picture and the block look clean but if you don't see everything leading up to it, it renders the picture useless. The way you're describing the play though sounds like perfect example of a blindside block. #2 heading in the same direction towards Winters trying to make a tackle when Mastin ran 10 yards straight at someone not looking at him, also peel back blocks are something one has to watch for. Seen this play called multiple times this year and in each case the kid looks like he's making a good block, head in front right at the chest/shoulder area but if you're not watching what exactly happened before contact then it doesn't matter.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:38 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:18 pm Screw the ref on this crap! Screwed Jackson and Winters from a huge play and TD and got Mastin ripped. Mastin did nothing wrong but blow up #2 who was heading the same direction as the play was going and Mastin ran 10 yards right at his front side view to do it. Terrible call, I believe same ref who called Spires for a fumble on the 1 when the ground caused fumble and gave it to Centennial
Not sure what it matters in a 70-28 win, however as I listened to it on the radio I believe they said it was a blindside block. Loading a picture won't work either, without seeing the entire video play out that's the only way to judge a blindside block. You can see a picture and the block look clean but if you don't see everything leading up to it, it renders the picture useless. The way you're describing the play though sounds like perfect example of a blindside block. #2 heading in the same direction towards Winters trying to make a tackle when Mastin ran 10 yards straight at someone not looking at him, also peel back blocks are something one has to watch for. Seen this play called multiple times this year and in each case the kid looks like he's making a good block, head in front right at the chest/shoulder area but if you're not watching what exactly happened before contact then it doesn't matter.
Definitely not a blindside block. The kid was looking right at Mastin. I think the flag game because the ref felt the play was gone and hit not needed. Refs will protect players in today’s game and will error on caution. Wasn’t dirty just a player trying to make a block . I see both sides. Grant is a devastating hitter , is a fine line in today’s game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Easily watched on hudl. It was 0% blindside. It’s arguable that he didn’t need blown up but he ran at him 10-15 yards straight on and ball carrier was heading same way as victim. If that block is illegal then they need to do away with kickoffs, punt returns, onside kicks etc

The player that got blocked with 100% body facing the guy that came and trucked him. This was in no way a turn your head to see the train coming.

Score doesn’t matter. This happened early and that kid had to feel like crap for hurting his team and letting down his teammates. He’s a tremendous kid that plays hard as hell.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve watched it 20x. I’m not going to agree it was a blindside block

Best view is at 2:10 mark

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:48 pm
Easily watched on hudl. It was 0% blindside. It’s arguable that he didn’t need blown up but he ran at him 10-15 yards straight on and ball carrier was heading same way as victim. If that block is illegal then they need to do away with kickoffs, punt returns, onside kicks etc

The player that got blocked with 100% body facing the guy that came and trucked him. This was in no way a turn your head to see the train coming.

Score doesn’t matter. This happened early and that kid had to feel like crap for hurting his team and letting down his teammates. He’s a tremendous kid that plays hard as hell.
It was a bad call. Straight on shot and the kid who got hit was trying to go make the tackle.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That’s a pretty obvious penalty

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

That is 100% a penalty in today's game. That block was unnecessary, that kid was not close to making the play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:01 pm That’s a pretty obvious penalty
Well, you’re a pretty obvious troll who never agrees with anything Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

https://www.secsports.com/video/2729554 ... -explained

I just don’t see how this play is what happened. These examples on video are obviously blindside. How in the world could #57 not be in #2’s line of vision.

Call it targeting if you want but I’m not agreeing with definition of blindside.

I’m moving on. Regardless of whatever raider replies. Everyone free their opinions. Good day.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Yeah, I get what your saying but in today's game there's a couple things that happen in this play that make it an illegal block. Let's start with it was totally unnecessary as the kid was blindsided because he wasn't even attempting to make a play, basically like hitting a defenseless player almost and one could argue maybe peel back block as the block occurred behind the play. Next and this is really what will bring out the flag from a referee's standpoint the Jackson player launches himself into the Centennial player. When training referee's this is a perfect example of a penalty. You can go back maybe 3 years but 5 for sure and this isn't a penalty but in today's game those are the types of blocks that are being cut out for the game and for good reason as the young man remained on the ground a bit and was not moving at first, just going off what radio said. It's a great training tool for coaches and players as it needs to be stressed we block what's out in front of us not 5-10 yards behind the play.

Return to “Football”