WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Re: WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

Post by FalconFever02 »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:06 pm
FalconFever02 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:46 pm

I think everyone in the whole stadium knew that was coming.
Which makes it even more inexcusable.
Every Coach was telling them it was coming you could tell especially since they were telling the players to move towards the ball.
It’s one thing to yell it during a game it’s another thing to drill it all week in practice, the players were not ready or prepared to execute the needed play, bottom line.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Minford out played burg the first half. Burg looked slow in the first half too. But after halftime it looked like a whole different burg team out scoring Minford 28-20 in second half. Burg missed a fieldgoal first half that at some of the second half looked huge but Minford dropped a TD in the endzone that was the difference. Onside kick turned it around for burg to start the half they scored on it. Both offenses didn’t score first half due to penalties stopped every good drive. Burg had too many 15 yard penalties that they haven’t had since the last meeting with the falcons. Whatever happen all through the game balanced out at the end except the penalties burg had. Minford QB needed to throw the ball sooner he held on too long. I thought with 2 minutes plus left on the clock and a 28-10 lead thought it was over but Minford didn’t give up like most teams would have. Burg scored kicked off and Minford had a great return then scored 28-17, they then had a great onside kick but burg didn’t have their hands team in for the onside. Minford recovered and took it down and scored 28-23. Another onside kick was recovered by burg but not before Minford had many chances to recover it hit many Falcon players. Keep ur head up falcons as you never give up like many teams would have, you played 4 quarters of great ball until the final second. I hate that Oak hill game took you out of a home field game and different outcome to the season. Nothing to hold your head down about as you and the burg gave everybody in the stadium a great game to watch, defense first half, offense second half.
Last edited by 14U on Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:46 pm

I think everyone in the whole stadium knew that was coming.
Every Coach was telling them it was coming you could tell especially since they were telling the players to move towards the ball.
That's why you have 3 timeouts, Burg always kicks the onside kick in a big situation in big games. Whether it's at the beginning of the game or 2nd half, or if they feel momentum is going their way, it's predictable but as a coach if you think it's coming and you don't have your players prepared and feel uncomfortable about the play before it happens. Call timeout and regroup, there's no harm in it.

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

A bounce here or a break there, that’s how football goes.

Congratulations to wheelersburg and good luck against ridgewood.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Did anybody else see What happen to 25 for Minford? Did he get hurt or something? After the game ended he ran to locker room fast with coach right behind him. He was on field and when the last snap he took off!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

FalconFever02 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:52 am

It’s one thing to yell it during a game it’s another thing to drill it all week in practice, the players were not ready or prepared to execute the needed play, bottom line.
If you honestly think the coaches didn’t practice that all week you’re delusional. At some point it just up to the players to execute and play. It was a perfect onside kick by the burg kicker.

joeshmo
Waterboy

Post by joeshmo »

14U wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:32 am Did anybody else see What happen to 25 for Minford? Did he get hurt or something? After the game ended he ran to locker room fast with coach right behind him. He was on field and when the last snap he took off!
I believe he was just upset, he gave everything out there and wanted to go the lockeroom. He had a great career and will go down as one of Minfords best RBs

14U
S

Post by 14U »

joeshmo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:32 am
14U wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:32 am Did anybody else see What happen to 25 for Minford? Did he get hurt or something? After the game ended he ran to locker room fast with coach right behind him. He was on field and when the last snap he took off!
I believe he was just upset, he gave everything out there and wanted to go the lockeroom. He had a great career and will go down as one of Minfords best RBs
Thanks, yes it’s hard to play a team twice only to come up short and lose by a total of 6 points.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 pm
Tartanblue wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:46 pm I don't understand why minford didn't go for the field goal in the fourth, it would have put them down by 8.
When?

Minford was down 14-10. Got stopped. Burg drives and scores. 21-10. Burg covers kick and scores. 28-10.

This situation never happened.
Sorry kids got me off focus, I was referring to when it was 14-10, if minford went for the field goal it would put them within 1, if Burg scored it would have put the Falcons down by 8 if Burg would have went for 1. Still a one possession game instead of turning into a two possession game.

It is a shame these two had to to meet in the first round, both games these two teams played sounded like they were barn burners on the radio.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:11 am
If you honestly think the coaches didn’t practice that all week you’re delusional. At some point it just up to the players to execute and play. It was a perfect onside kick by the burg kicker.
I believed they practiced it to some degree, but why not have the hands team out there? Also the ball doesn't have to cross the 50-yd line for the receiving team to jump on it, only the kicking team has to let it go 10-yards.

Minford's stands were screaming onside kick, and if a bunch of Mom's and old men knew it was coming get the friggin' hands team on the field! Again, Minford outplayed them in many aspects, but got outcoached, and kick return is part of the game.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:31 pm

I believed they practiced it to some degree, but why not have the hands team out there? Also the ball doesn't have to cross the 50-yd line for the receiving team to jump on it, only the kicking team has to let it go 10-yards.

Minford's stands were screaming onside kick, and if a bunch of Mom's and old men knew it was coming get the friggin' hands team on the field! Again, Minford outplayed them in many aspects, but got outcoached, and kick return is part of the game.
Even if hands were out there you still have to line up to how they are lined up which was normal kick off. To me if hands team was out there with how they traditionally line up the middle was wide open. Again it doesn’t matter how many times the coaches go over it which I’m sure was a lot because they aren’t idiots it’s still up to the kids to play it.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Not buying it , attack the football, Minford just stood still waiting if that was the preparation. Well that’s a tactical error in itself even if it was discussed in practice.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Even if hands were out there you still have to line up to how they are lined up which was normal kick off. To me if hands team was out there with how they traditionally line up the middle was wide open. Again it doesn’t matter how many times the coaches go over it which I’m sure was a lot because they aren’t idiots it’s still up to the kids to play it.
They had Mathews on the edge and Ruby on the other edge; their two fastest kids. The Kicker put the ball on the near hash and they played the numbers game. Minford had 2-kids to where burg kicked. Call TO and adjust.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

FalconFever02 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:04 pm Not buying it , attack the football, Minford just stood still waiting if that was the preparation. Well that’s a tactical error in itself even if it was discussed in practice.
You’re right they didn’t practice onside kick from the kick off spot at all! Lmao sounds like you should put in to go coach

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^Most of what is being said here is out of frustration, b/c we've seen it so so many times. For the life of me, I still don't understand why the hands team wasn't on the field to start the second half. .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:11 pm

They had Mathews on the edge and Ruby on the other edge; their two fastest kids. The Kicker put the ball on the near hash and they played the numbers game. Minford had 2-kids to where burg kicked. Call TO and adjust.
No offense but I think calling a TO at the beginning of the second half to adjust to what might be an onside kick would be silly. Having said that, I think it’s fine to question coaches or coaching decisions. I hate the response, well you go coach. Maybe I would, if they hired me. Lol

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:49 pm
vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:11 pm

No offense but I think calling a TO at the beginning of the second half to adjust to what might be an onside kick would be silly. Having said that, I think it’s fine to question coaches or coaching decisions. I hate the response, well you go coach. Maybe I would, if they hired me. Lol
I would've had my hands team out there to start the second half. So yes silly to call TO, but that's not what happened.
If I'm seeing Mathews and Ruby on the edges, I should know what's coming. Call timeout and adjust. Minford recovers it at midfield, scores a TD and goes up 10-0. It's a whole different ball game.
Last edited by vladimir on Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Bottom line, go get the football.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I thought ruby using his last time out to discuss a 2 point play was odd. If you're driving in that situation, don't you have to be thinking at least 2 plays ahead? I just thought maybe they should have had something in mind already should they score.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

^^^^Bingo, it was a given you had to go for 2, to make it a 3 point game. Could've used that timeout for kickoff purposes after seeing how burg lined up. Because 1 TO with the amount of time left wasn't going to help the defense, or save it incase you get the onside kick you'd need that TO.

Return to “Football”