Waterboy

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by Pyronic88 »

I think Burg will win but it will be a close game 28-21

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:13 am Minford's QB reminds me of Woods QB. Risner is just as good of a WR that Wood has and I think Wiget is just as better at RB. Minford had a huge o-line as well.

Bottom line no one is giving Minford any credit. I talked to one of Minford's players after the Oak Hill loss and he had no answer for why they lost. He just simply put that on that night OH was just better. It happens.

Burg knows this will be a dogfight Saturday night. Trust me, they have been in those types of games this year. Ashland and Minford come to mind. That could become a factor in this game. RW has not had a competitive game all year. How will they react if they get down early in the game? I've watched some teams just implode on themselves when that happens. For any "true" Burg fan to come on here and to say Burg will win going away they are not from Burg. You can trust me on that one right there!!!
Spit the truth my man....nice post

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:22 am I cant speak to all the Southern Ohio bickering on this thread, but I do know how Burg is viewed amongst the Wood program and contingent...as a champion and champions do not do down without a fight and they rarely go down at all. I would guess that the Burg internally has been playing the "Us against the World" mentality and "no one believes in us" card this week. Good coaches/programs self motivate by whatever means necessary. Should be a great High School football game. As for who wins, that's easy in a game between 2 solid teams...the team that plays better on that given night.
Great post soldier. There’s a lot of respect between fans, coaches and teams with these programs.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

I have enjoyed the banter all week on here. Aside from other SEO programs trying to hijack the thread it seems that the real Burg people and real Wood people know what a great game this has the potential to be. It is the classic question, "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?" Ridgewood definitely knows what they are up against as I suspect Wheelersburg also knows what they are up against. Should be a dandy in Lancaster tomorrow night. Both teams are very well coached with kids who have bought in to each program's core values.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

What time do the gates open?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

TrojanTru wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:41 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:00 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:30 pm Haven't been to Lancaster since week 12 in 2001. Licking Valley sent us home in OT after getting 12 shots at the endzone after 2 pass interference calls. Great game though, and Jo Jo Parker had one of the best runs I ever saw at any level of football. Hopefully Matthews and company will make some magic of their own this week. Either way I'll be there to support my fellow Scioto County brethren, hopefully you guys give me somewhere to go next week, I really don't want to be forced to root for Ironton :p

I was at that game with Alabama Mike. JoJo's run that game was spectacular.

I too remember that game, that run, and all those darn milk jugs!! It was supposed a half back pass, LV defense and JoJo had other plans.
Is this the run?
https://youtu.be/DuCgh35yX_k

I went and watched that game also. Portsmouth got the shaft with licking valley getting around 12 tries to get it in the endzone. Southeastern teams don’t do well in Lancaster. Ironton, Portsmouth or burg all have a losing record there. There is something about that field. Hope the turf brings better luck.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

a_c_m wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:51 am What time do the gates open?
Most of the time its 5:30

14U
S

Post by 14U »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:44 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 pm
victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:48 pm

I am pretty sure you speak just as glowingly about your tigers. I know ironton has the best team they have had since maybe 09 when they lost to Hartley and if burg loses to wood. I will be supporting ironton all the way thru their run. I can’t understand why it bothers you so much that Burg fans believe in their team and support them so much when I see the same thing in your posts about the tigers this year.
Because when it comes down to it, Burg oversells. They ( fan base) have been overselling since preseason. They very well could win this game, but to present it as some sort of forgone conclusion is laughable. Do programs respect Burg? Sure they do. But they do not fear them. No program fears Wheelersburg. That's not how competitive nature works. For competitive programs, Burg is either viewed as an obstacle or a target. Same goes for everyone.

I've read enough to understand the B in burg, stands for bluster. What Burg is this week at the point of kick off against Ridgewood is the team that edged Minford by the narrowest of margins late in the game of their 1st round home playoff matchup.
They are the team, who only a week after being crowned with their conference championship, needed every second to get by a conference opponent. They are no more or no less.

I think it will be a very competitive contest between two obviously strong and very proud programs who share a brief post season history and familiarity.

Odds say Ridgewood. Hard to argue why. That said, this is the prep level, and just maybe intangibles weigh a lil heavier..

Wheelersburg 27
Ridgewood 17
No one can just give credit to beating a good minford team. Amazing.
I agree! Minford had a huge physical line, many good skill players with a good QB that could run like a deer and throw the ball. On D they were the same big up front with speed on the corners. Minford did step it up a notch on both games against burg and if they played like that all season they could have been 9-1. I watch their losses and they looked different and didn’t have that killer instinct every play like they did against the burg.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

RaceEagle wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:38 am I have enjoyed the banter all week on here. Aside from other SEO programs trying to hijack the thread it seems that the real Burg people and real Wood people know what a great game this has the potential to be. It is the classic question, "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?" Ridgewood definitely knows what they are up against as I suspect Wheelersburg also knows what they are up against. Should be a dandy in Lancaster tomorrow night. Both teams are very well coached with kids who have bought in to each program's core values.
Agree! Nice post 👍🏻

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

14U wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:26 pm
TrojanTru wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:41 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:00 pm

I was at that game with Alabama Mike. JoJo's run that game was spectacular.

I too remember that game, that run, and all those darn milk jugs!! It was supposed a half back pass, LV defense and JoJo had other plans.
Is this the run?
https://youtu.be/DuCgh35yX_k

I went and watched that game also. Portsmouth got the shaft with licking valley getting around 12 tries to get it in the endzone. Southeastern teams don’t do well in Lancaster. Ironton, Portsmouth or burg all have a losing record there. There is something about that field. Hope the turf brings better luck.
Last time I was at Lancaster West beat Coshocton in 02.
Good luck to the Pirates. This game should be a dandy.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

My prediction for tomorrow night is a precise score of 31-24 Burg

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:28 am
Jack Sparrow wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:34 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:52 am

Probably has something to do with zero wins against a team with a winning record or even .500. They match up really well with burg this year, nothing more nothing less. So not exactly sure why it's amazing, is it because you had 2 close games, it was 28-10 and burg let the guard down.
Goose is right wobycat. Burg let their gaurd down at 28-10. Are they the 17 team that had Carmichael, hell no. They are who they are, and that’s a conference champ, a playoff team and a week 12 team to date. Are they a week 13 and beyond team? Time will tell. Do they belong where they are? absolutely do!

This time of year, everyone playing is good. Survive and advance whether it’s by 1 or 100

GoBurg
RespectTheW
No he's not.... Burg beat a quality Minford playoff team. The falcons beat the teams who they should've beat, and were in the games that they may have been a little underdog in. The baffling loss is Oak Hill. Wasn't at the game so not sure what happened. People downplaying the quality of Minford with Lewis, wiget, and Risner are not talking straight. Those guys start somewhere on every team in southern Ohio.
Yes those 3 guys start on every team in SEOm those THREE. Once again though never beat an opponent with more than 4 wins, Waverly put up 38. Sorry and honestly it doesn't matter at all so not sure why you're trying to make it out to be more than it was. Burg is playing in week 12 so who cares but just don't feed us that line No one is buying what you're selling, fact is as long as you move on it doesn't matter. No one cares how you got to week 12 just advance and keep playing. So they were supposed to lose to oak hill?? Interesting.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

First just want to say good luck to Burg I feel if they can open the play book up and throw some footballs downfield it will greatly increase their chance at winning the football game. I don’t know if they can just power ridgewood all night like against minford which was minfords biggest weakness all year. Minford matched up with them athletically on the back end so it made throwing harder. Without knowing how well Wood is between the tackles on defense it’s hard to make a prediction on the game.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to all the young men playing in this game and continued success to whomever wins. Football is the greatest sport in one of the greatest football states in the greatest nation. Pretty elite company for all these boys.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

That pizza place in WL looked awesome...love the old scoreboard in the yard.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

What’s everyone’s score predictions? Hopefully injury free game on both sides.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:16 pm First just want to say good luck to Burg I feel if they can open the play book up and throw some footballs downfield it will greatly increase their chance at winning the football game. I don’t know if they can just power ridgewood all night like against minford which was minfords biggest weakness all year. Minford matched up with them athletically on the back end so it made throwing harder. Without knowing how well Wood is between the tackles on defense it’s hard to make a prediction on the game.
Woods D Tackles are strength of their defense. Twin brothers. They are dudes.

Street of Gold
Waterboy

Post by Street of Gold »

After seeing Wood play last week, gonna be hard for Burg to run on them. Woods DBs seem like average players. Portsmouth didn’t throw on them really, but just watching them, you can tell they are average. Burg needs to throw on Wood. That being said, I do believe Wood is an all around better team than Burg. Up front Wood is nasty, got some line backers that see things coming. The Brandon kid is pretty good. Obviously Woods offense is real. I don’t believe Burg can stay with Wood. Seems they have some Athletes/play makers. Not saying Burg doesn’t because they do but this Ridgewood team is different.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Raycharles wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:22 pm
hammer89 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:17 pm
Raycharles wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:03 pm
Silver Hammer defense. It started way back in the 80’s 90’s. The coach use to call it that and just stayed.
Yep 85 team only gave up 42 points all year long.
Chucky McMasters
Thanks pretty cool
I have always wondered what it was.
Safe travels and Go Pirates

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Good luck to the Wheelersburg Pirates, hope y’all represent the SOCII well tomorrow night!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”