Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 25364
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:31 am

SpeedKillz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:27 pm
ain't it though. I have got sucked in way to many times. and I've not reacted like a Christian at times. but you won't see that out of me anymore. I hain't gonna lose my testimony spouting back at certain people here. but I think it's abhorable to see grown adults calling out kids 14-18. as if they ain't already got enough on their plate. then you throw in things like athletics that are based on performance and you call them out. I can't handle that.
Horrible, weak, small town perspective. Never shield young men from scrutiny. Fair or unfair. Teach them to deal with it!
that's a parents job. not someone who knows nothing about them or their situation. that's why we have parents, schools and churches. so I blatantly disagree with you. it ain't the 60's anymore. and kids are wired different. and between drugs, suicides and the like. they need direction from people who cherish them.


IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Paulcrew
Freshman Team
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by Paulcrew » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 am

laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:43 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm
SpeedKillz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 pm


The Loveday kid, Zach Loveday. From Gallipolis. Plays Huntington Prep. 7ft 200lbs. 4 star. Signed w Oregon.

That is elite.

Carrico. 4/5 star LB. One of the top recruits in state at his position and overall as well as nationally ranked and signed and sealed by Ryan Day and The Ohio State University.

That is elite.

I know some of you pirate pumper bucaroos feel a way, but those are the facts.
EXACTLY! Same situation with Ohio State. Urban's wife watched him have a great game against a horrible Bishop Watterson team, and tweeted Urban to "take a look at this kid." He was invited up, but that's all it ever amount to was a phone call and a visit. People hate dealing with facts, but it doesn't ever change them.

Again, I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but he's at Wright State in Dayton, Ohio for a reason and not Univ. of Dayton. However, he's not playing for Duke, UK, UNC, UI, WVU or even Univ. of Cincinnati, so ppl need to be real with their expectation of him or else. Not being able to play for Huntington prep is an excellent point. He's nowhere near the elite football talent of Carrico.

*Not slamming nor disparaging Holden, but these claims by these ill informed posters are unrealistic.
Nothing you say has merit after a statement like that.
Signed Steph Curry - Davidson university

I think carrico is great but if Holden actually wanted to work at football and go to the camps like carrico, his ceiling would’ve been a lot higher. A whole lot higher.

And 3000 times more upside than loveday. Lol
I have watched Tanner Holden twice this year on the hardcourt. He’s the real deal. I wish him continued success at WSU.
Carrico never concentrated on camps or combines. I don’t believe he went to either of those before he was offered. His upside is huge. Heck, he’s averaging 17.5 pots and 12 boards a game in basketball.

I believe one thing that hurt Holden was not playing a tougher basketball schedule in high school. Tough enough playing in an average basketball conference like the SOC, but a basketball program like Wheelersburg should be playing top tier out of the area competition in their out of conf schedule. To worried about sectional drawings I guess.



laser breath
Varsity
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by laser breath » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:25 pm

Paulcrew wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 am
laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:43 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm


EXACTLY! Same situation with Ohio State. Urban's wife watched him have a great game against a horrible Bishop Watterson team, and tweeted Urban to "take a look at this kid." He was invited up, but that's all it ever amount to was a phone call and a visit. People hate dealing with facts, but it doesn't ever change them.

Again, I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but he's at Wright State in Dayton, Ohio for a reason and not Univ. of Dayton. However, he's not playing for Duke, UK, UNC, UI, WVU or even Univ. of Cincinnati, so ppl need to be real with their expectation of him or else. Not being able to play for Huntington prep is an excellent point. He's nowhere near the elite football talent of Carrico.

*Not slamming nor disparaging Holden, but these claims by these ill informed posters are unrealistic.
Nothing you say has merit after a statement like that.
Signed Steph Curry - Davidson university

I think carrico is great but if Holden actually wanted to work at football and go to the camps like carrico, his ceiling would’ve been a lot higher. A whole lot higher.

And 3000 times more upside than loveday. Lol
I have watched Tanner Holden twice this year on the hardcourt. He’s the real deal. I wish him continued success at WSU.
Carrico never concentrated on camps or combines. I don’t believe he went to either of those before he was offered. His upside is huge. Heck, he’s averaging 17.5 pots and 12 boards a game in basketball.

I believe one thing that hurt Holden was not playing a tougher basketball schedule in high school. Tough enough playing in an average basketball conference like the SOC, but a basketball program like Wheelersburg should be playing top tier out of the area competition in their out of conf schedule. To worried about sectional drawings I guess.
I heard the exact opposite of carrico. I heard he went o the Ohio state camp and dominated the skill challenges and they immediately offered. Carrico is the real deal but to say Holden isn’t is just about as dumb as anything I’ve heard on this board. I still contend that holdens skill set is more unique in football than carrico.



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:56 pm

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm
SpeedKillz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 pm
SpeedKillz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:08 pm


Matter fact, Holden was a two star in ONE ranking in hoops & went unranked by ESPN, Rivals, & the other notable national rankings. He wasn't considered elite. He wasn't recruited as an elite talent and as such, he did not grab much attention nationally or even within his home state. These are all facts.
The Loveday kid, Zach Loveday. From Gallipolis. Plays Huntington Prep. 7ft 200lbs. 4 star. Signed w Oregon.

That is elite.

Carrico. 4/5 star LB. One of the top recruits in state at his position and overall as well as nationally ranked and signed and sealed by Ryan Day and The Ohio State University.

That is elite.

I know some of you pirate pumper bucaroos feel a way, but those are the facts.
EXACTLY! Same situation with Ohio State. Urban's wife watched him have a great game against a horrible Bishop Watterson team, and tweeted Urban to "take a look at this kid." He was invited up, but that's all it ever amount to was a phone call and a visit. People hate dealing with facts, but it doesn't ever change them.

Again, I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but he's at Wright State in Dayton, Ohio for a reason and not Univ. of Dayton. However, he's not playing for Duke, UK, UNC, UI, WVU or even Univ. of Cincinnati, so ppl need to be real with their expectation of him or else. Not being able to play for Huntington prep is an excellent point. He's nowhere near the elite football talent of Carrico.

*Not slamming nor disparaging Holden, but these claims by these ill informed posters are unrealistic.
Its facts. He's average.



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:56 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:31 am
SpeedKillz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:27 pm
ain't it though. I have got sucked in way to many times. and I've not reacted like a Christian at times. but you won't see that out of me anymore. I hain't gonna lose my testimony spouting back at certain people here. but I think it's abhorable to see grown adults calling out kids 14-18. as if they ain't already got enough on their plate. then you throw in things like athletics that are based on performance and you call them out. I can't handle that.
Horrible, weak, small town perspective. Never shield young men from scrutiny. Fair or unfair. Teach them to deal with it!
that's a parents job. not someone who knows nothing about them or their situation. that's why we have parents, schools and churches. so I blatantly disagree with you. it ain't the 60's anymore. and kids are wired different. and between drugs, suicides and the like. they need direction from people who cherish them.
You're too old and cant follow along.



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:59 pm

Paulcrew wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 am
laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:43 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm


EXACTLY! Same situation with Ohio State. Urban's wife watched him have a great game against a horrible Bishop Watterson team, and tweeted Urban to "take a look at this kid." He was invited up, but that's all it ever amount to was a phone call and a visit. People hate dealing with facts, but it doesn't ever change them.

Again, I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but he's at Wright State in Dayton, Ohio for a reason and not Univ. of Dayton. However, he's not playing for Duke, UK, UNC, UI, WVU or even Univ. of Cincinnati, so ppl need to be real with their expectation of him or else. Not being able to play for Huntington prep is an excellent point. He's nowhere near the elite football talent of Carrico.

*Not slamming nor disparaging Holden, but these claims by these ill informed posters are unrealistic.
Nothing you say has merit after a statement like that.
Signed Steph Curry - Davidson university

I think carrico is great but if Holden actually wanted to work at football and go to the camps like carrico, his ceiling would’ve been a lot higher. A whole lot higher.

And 3000 times more upside than loveday. Lol
I have watched Tanner Holden twice this year on the hardcourt. He’s the real deal. I wish him continued success at WSU.
Carrico never concentrated on camps or combines. I don’t believe he went to either of those before he was offered. His upside is huge. Heck, he’s averaging 17.5 pots and 12 boards a game in basketball.

I believe one thing that hurt Holden was not playing a tougher basketball schedule in high school. Tough enough playing in an average basketball conference like the SOC, but a basketball program like Wheelersburg should be playing top tier out of the area competition in their out of conf schedule. To worried about sectional drawings I guess.
Ive watched video of Holden in hoops this season. He's nothing special. The only reason he seems like that to most of you is because ya dont have any real elite talent around. Dime a dozen.



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:00 pm

Paulcrew wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 am
laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:43 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm


EXACTLY! Same situation with Ohio State. Urban's wife watched him have a great game against a horrible Bishop Watterson team, and tweeted Urban to "take a look at this kid." He was invited up, but that's all it ever amount to was a phone call and a visit. People hate dealing with facts, but it doesn't ever change them.

Again, I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but he's at Wright State in Dayton, Ohio for a reason and not Univ. of Dayton. However, he's not playing for Duke, UK, UNC, UI, WVU or even Univ. of Cincinnati, so ppl need to be real with their expectation of him or else. Not being able to play for Huntington prep is an excellent point. He's nowhere near the elite football talent of Carrico.

*Not slamming nor disparaging Holden, but these claims by these ill informed posters are unrealistic.
Nothing you say has merit after a statement like that.
Signed Steph Curry - Davidson university

I think carrico is great but if Holden actually wanted to work at football and go to the camps like carrico, his ceiling would’ve been a lot higher. A whole lot higher.

And 3000 times more upside than loveday. Lol
I have watched Tanner Holden twice this year on the hardcourt. He’s the real deal. I wish him continued success at WSU.
Carrico never concentrated on camps or combines. I don’t believe he went to either of those before he was offered. His upside is huge. Heck, he’s averaging 17.5 pots and 12 boards a game in basketball.

I believe one thing that hurt Holden was not playing a tougher basketball schedule in high school. Tough enough playing in an average basketball conference like the SOC, but a basketball program like Wheelersburg should be playing top tier out of the area competition in their out of conf schedule. To worried about sectional drawings I guess.
Top tier? 😂😂😂😂😂
In what world? LMAO



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:05 pm

LMAO. There is nothing elite about southern ohio in basketball. Some of you REALLY need to travel more. 😂



laser breath
Varsity
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by laser breath » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Speed kills must be either on his way to work at dollar general or already does. Either way, I’ll want to avoid that one.



laser breath
Varsity
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by laser breath » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:07 pm

SpeedKillz wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:05 pm
LMAO. There is nothing elite about southern ohio in basketball. Some of you REALLY need to travel more. 😂
There’s nothing elite about d5 football either.



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:08 pm

laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:07 pm
SpeedKillz wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:05 pm
LMAO. There is nothing elite about southern ohio in basketball. Some of you REALLY need to travel more. 😂
There’s nothing elite about d5 football either.

Nope. Not in totality. However Carrico is graded as an elite recruit. Something Holden failed to garner. Facts.



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:09 pm

laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:06 pm
Speed kills must be either on his way to work at dollar general or already does. Either way, I’ll want to avoid that one.
Nah we dont have those up here. Must be an appalachian thing. Kinda like obesity and meth. 🤡



laser breath
Varsity
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by laser breath » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:21 pm

SpeedKillz wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:08 pm
laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:07 pm
SpeedKillz wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:05 pm
LMAO. There is nothing elite about southern ohio in basketball. Some of you REALLY need to travel more. 😂
There’s nothing elite about d5 football either.

Nope. Not in totality. However Carrico is graded as an elite recruit. Something Holden failed to garner. Facts.
You’re killing me. You have no merit like the other guy.
Signed Russell Wilson- 2 star

I’m not going to slam carrico because I like how he plays but many highly graded players don’t end up being anything. Carrico dominating Chesapeake is different than taking on a pulling guard from penn state. Holden is practically a double double machine as a freshman, and if you go a watch the post game interviews, you can see he’s not even a man yet compared to the other players.

How many stars do you have for the DG employee of the month?



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:45 pm

laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:21 pm
SpeedKillz wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:08 pm
laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:07 pm


There’s nothing elite about d5 football either.

Nope. Not in totality. However Carrico is graded as an elite recruit. Something Holden failed to garner. Facts.
You’re killing me. You have no merit like the other guy.
Signed Russell Wilson- 2 star

I’m not going to slam carrico because I like how he plays but many highly graded players don’t end up being anything. Carrico dominating Chesapeake is different than taking on a pulling guard from penn state. Holden is practically a double double machine as a freshman, and if you go a watch the post game interviews, you can see he’s not even a man yet compared to the other players.

How many stars do you have for the DG employee of the month?
Lmao. So? Exceptions to the rule doesnt change any facts whatsoever. Holden graded average cause he is. Deal w it.



BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:30 pm
Location: Colerain Twnship

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:05 pm

laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:43 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm
SpeedKillz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 pm


The Loveday kid, Zach Loveday. From Gallipolis. Plays Huntington Prep. 7ft 200lbs. 4 star. Signed w Oregon.

That is elite.

Carrico. 4/5 star LB. One of the top recruits in state at his position and overall as well as nationally ranked and signed and sealed by Ryan Day and The Ohio State University.

That is elite.

I know some of you pirate pumper bucaroos feel a way, but those are the facts.
EXACTLY! Same situation with Ohio State. Urban's wife watched him have a great game against a horrible Bishop Watterson team, and tweeted Urban to "take a look at this kid." He was invited up, but that's all it ever amount to was a phone call and a visit. People hate dealing with facts, but it doesn't ever change them.

Again, I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but he's at Wright State in Dayton, Ohio for a reason and not Univ. of Dayton. However, he's not playing for Duke, UK, UNC, UI, WVU or even Univ. of Cincinnati, so ppl need to be real with their expectation of him or else. Not being able to play for Huntington prep is an excellent point. He's nowhere near the elite football talent of Carrico.

*Not slamming nor disparaging Holden, but these claims by these ill informed posters are unrealistic.
Nothing you say has merit after a statement like that.
Signed Steph Curry - Davidson university

I think carrico is great but if Holden actually wanted to work at football and go to the camps like carrico, his ceiling would’ve been a lot higher. A whole lot higher.

And 3000 times more upside than loveday. Lol
Loser Breath: Nothing you say absolutely has no merit. Zero facts, and a whole lot of would, shoulda, coulda. Get real with yourself girl!



laser breath
Varsity
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by laser breath » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:21 pm

Lol. See you guys in three years if you’re man enough to get on here and eat crow. Hope you guys make good dollar general managers. Deal with it.



SpeedKillz
Freshman Team
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by SpeedKillz » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:09 am

laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:21 pm
Lol. See you guys in three years if you’re man enough to get on here and eat crow. Hope you guys make good dollar general managers. Deal with it.
Facts have a way of being difficult to digest when you rely so much on your sentiments and bias. It's all facts. Trae Young was an undersized kid. Noones radar. Kid rose up to be a 5 star recruit. Everybody salivating. Led the country in scoring & assists. NBA star.

Stop making false equivalencies cause reality is uncomfortable. The Holden kid is average - AT BEST.



BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:30 pm
Location: Colerain Twnship

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:31 am

laser breath wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:21 pm
Lol. See you guys in three years if you’re man enough to get on here and eat crow. Hope you guys make good dollar general managers. Deal with it.
Loser Breath: I've never set foot inside a Dollar General store, but I bet that's where you work. You obviously have a grudge against your general manager when he won't give you the loyal employee discount after shopping there and blowing your whole paycheck. :lol: :lol:



art_vandelay
All State
Posts: 1334
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by art_vandelay » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 am

SpeedKillz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm
art_vandelay wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:17 pm
SpeedKillz wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:38 pm
Holden is an athlete at Burg.

Anywhere else he's average. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, that's pretty much one of the most deadass-wrong comments i've ever read on here. The constant back-and-forth between Ironton and Burg posters is making this forum tough to follow.*

How so? Holden was not a highly rated recruit in football or basketball. He got a couple D1 visits in hoops and only 1 offer. WVU had him up for a visit and passed on him. Not surprising given the hoops pipeline Huggins is accustomed to. His senior year at Burg he would have struggled to start at Huntington Prep. I looked all over. I didnt catch Holden on anyones map his senior season of hoops. I didn't find him on anyones whos who except for Wheelersburgs. Same w football if this comaprison to the Carricoe kid is insisted. Holden had some visits. Most of the D1's passed on him. He wasn't highly rated as a recruit in football either. Again, missing from all the whos who lists. I'm wondering, beyond wheelersburg, at that time - how is that statement incorrect or inaccurate?
Holden went D1 and is starting as a freshman...how is that average? Ironton has 1 kid going D1 and you acting like that the norm there. Wake me up when OSU, VT, etc. offers someone else other than Carrico. Just cause those schools visiting doesn’t mean anything...we talkin about offers.*



User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 25364
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:11 am

SpeedKillz wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:56 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:31 am
SpeedKillz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:44 pm


Horrible, weak, small town perspective. Never shield young men from scrutiny. Fair or unfair. Teach them to deal with it!
that's a parents job. not someone who knows nothing about them or their situation. that's why we have parents, schools and churches. so I blatantly disagree with you. it ain't the 60's anymore. and kids are wired different. and between drugs, suicides and the like. they need direction from people who cherish them.
You're too old and cant follow along.
I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands live. I am so old I might have underwear older than than. but I'm a wise ole bird.


IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Post Reply

Return to “Football”