Steps to having a season (please no politics)

wobycat
SEOPS

Steps to having a season (please no politics)

Post by wobycat »

Please make your opinion encouraging and post your opinion on how you think we can have a season for these student athletes who truly want to play.

I think the very first step is to allow kids to come together some how. Even if it’s walking through something. I’m sure coaches could get creative on that.

The Coronavirus is here and not going away. We have to start living again. Let’s figure it out and go.

2trap_4ever
S

Re: Steps to having a season (please no politics)

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Take the proper steps as in temp taking before players enter locker room, masks on all coaching staff, maybe change rules on how far down the sideline players can stand to help with distancing. As for fans, only parents so there is enough room for social distancing and they have to wear masks and have temp taken before entering stadium.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

It's going to have to start with funding. Teams are going to have to raise a certain amount of money before they can even play. Then teams are going to have to get a video production team together that is subscription based to keep the season going. No money no games

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Most simple answer is,it’s going to take the Governor allowing it, and at this point, don’t hold your breath.

After all, all school sports facilities are closed now until June 30th.

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

If the prediction is true that the Virus will be here in the fall than FB and Basketball both can very well be cancelled. Than all depends on how it effects the opening of schools . I am hearing more and more from Administrators and Coaches that it does not look positive. So SAD.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

2trap_4ever wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:55 am Take the proper steps as in temp taking before players enter locker room, masks on all coaching staff, maybe change rules on how far down the sideline players can stand to help with distancing. As for fans, only parents so there is enough room for social distancing and they have to wear masks and have temp taken before entering stadium.

All good ideas but I expect the OHSAA and schools to want to play under circumstances where money that runs entire athletic programs can still be made. Need crowds for that. I wonder if there is a way for schools to live stream games but have people pay for the feed?

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Prince wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:23 am If the prediction is true that the Virus will be here in the fall than FB and Basketball both can very well be cancelled. Than all depends on how it effects the opening of schools . I am hearing more and more from Administrators and Coaches that it does not look positive. So SAD.
I too am hearing that it isnt likely. I would like to see them move football into the spring this year to by time save the season. Some posters on here have mentioned flipping fll and sprint sports this year. To me, that sounds somewhat viable.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Let the school districts handle this but why put these teenagers in harms way unnecessarily. OHSSA will make the right call for our youth and everyone involved. Even so you people couldn’t go to games and watch because of social distancing, wearing face masks. 75 percent of people won’t obey the rules to begin with

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:11 pm Let the school districts handle this but why put these teenagers in harms way unnecessarily. OHSSA will make the right call for our youth and everyone involved. Even so you people couldn’t go to games and watch because of social distancing, wearing face masks. 75 percent of people won’t obey the rules to begin with
Man, please don't come to my birthday party.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Until Gov Mike DEWine and Dr. Amy Acton says it’s ok to attend gatherings and have groups of people together, don’t count on seeing me. Happy Birthday!

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

VACCINE............

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

not sure if true but yahoo is reporting college students getting in on class action lawsuits over tuition,room and board etc..

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

2trap_4ever wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:55 am Take the proper steps as in temp taking before players enter locker room, masks on all coaching staff, maybe change rules on how far down the sideline players can stand to help with distancing. As for fans, only parents so there is enough room for social distancing and they have to wear masks and have temp taken before entering stadium.
Problem is taking temperature is just a way to make ppl feel better about those around them and give a false sense of security. You can be contagious days in advance of having a temperature, Sean Payton tested positive for the virus and had no temperature or cough, think he's the only one?? No, in reading about it Payton says that 20% of those testing positive have no temperature or cough. While I know you have to put things in place to try and help out I hope no one is thinking temperature checking will prevent spread of the virus.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:27 am
Problem is taking temperature is just a way to make ppl feel better about those around them and give a false sense of security. You can be contagious days in advance of having a temperature, Sean Payton tested positive for the virus and had no temperature or cough, think he's the only one?? No, in reading about it Payton says that 20% of those testing positive have no temperature or cough. While I know you have to put things in place to try and help out I hope no one is thinking temperature checking will prevent spread of the virus.
Oh my. People pass germs around all the time. I mean when does anyone think that this is going away? It’s not. It’s not a death sentence either. It can be but so can the flu, cold, pneumonia, etc. If it’s not going away, sooner or later, odds are you’re going to get it. This body isn’t invincible. It’s time to get back to living. What we are doing now isn’t.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 am
Oh my. People pass germs around all the time. I mean when does anyone think that this is going away? It’s not. It’s not a death sentence either. It can be but so can the flu, cold, pneumonia, etc. If it’s not going away, sooner or later, odds are you’re going to get it. This body isn’t invincible. It’s time to get back to living. What we are doing now isn’t.
And?? You don't think we all don't know that already?? I get at some point we all need to get back to what will be a new normal. If it was a simple germ that gets passed around all the time then why did an entire world shutdown to try and slow the spread?? Just don't be one of those ppl that down play what is truly going on, as there will be a new normal we will all be facing it's up to us on how we face it. For 250K it was a death sentence, comparing it to something that has a vaccine or cure is pretty nieve as well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:00 am

And?? You don't think we all don't know that already?? I get at some point we all need to get back to what will be a new normal. If it was a simple germ that gets passed around all the time then why did an entire world shutdown to try and slow the spread?? Just don't be one of those ppl that down play what is truly going on, as there will be a new normal we will all be facing it's up to us on how we face it. For 250K it was a death sentence, comparing it to something that has a vaccine or cure is pretty nieve as well.
650k die each year from the flu. What’s your point? I’m not downplaying anything. You going to live in your house all day with a mask on? Is that living? People are testing for antibodies to it right now and they’ve said they were sick way earlier before anyone knew about it. This thing has been around. Actually never mind. This is going to turn political in which I didn’t want. So do you think there’s a way to have football or not?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:16 am
greygoose wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:00 am

650k die each year from the flu. What’s your point? I’m not downplaying anything. You going to live in your house all day with a mask on? Is that living? People are testing for antibodies to it right now and they’ve said they were sick way earlier before anyone knew about it. This thing has been around. Actually never mind. This is going to turn political in which I didn’t want. So do you think there’s a way to have football or not?
I think it's funny when everyone says it's been around, yeah it's been around it just never spread, lol. Man I'm hoping there's football I see where Miami has a proposal that would allow around 15k in there stadium. I'm one that thinks a cure or a highly effective drug/drugs will be in place by July if not sooner and I think that ability will be what allows states, schools, parents and players much more comfortable in allowing football this fall. Last meeting I heard the state representatives in that meeting were not confident that school would even start on time with a strong possibility that football will be played with a shorter season.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Reality. gov Mike DeWine might have to issue tighter control over movement if the cases spike because of opening up things. I say No fall and probably spring sports. That’s my opinion and this will come to pass because to much of a liability on OHSSA to let students in a situation that could infect the students and then family’s. Then public. And we’re back to square one. Hopefully everyone will obey the stay at home rule u til Dr Amy Acton and Gov Mike DeWine says there is a vaccine remember things were suppose to be a downward trend for 14 days before going to next phase. Trend is still very hi and it to hasn’t been 14 days for a downward trend.

themilkman
Waterboy

Post by themilkman »

Prime Time wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:34 am Reality. gov Mike DeWine might have to issue tighter control over movement if the cases spike because of opening up things. I say No fall and probably spring sports. That’s my opinion and this will come to pass because to much of a liability on OHSSA to let students in a situation that could infect the students and then family’s. Then public. And we’re back to square one. Hopefully everyone will obey the stay at home rule u til Dr Amy Acton and Gov Mike DeWine says there is a vaccine remember things were suppose to be a downward trend for 14 days before going to next phase. Trend is still very hi and it to hasn’t been 14 days for a downward trend.
you repeat yourself over and over and over. we know you worship the governor and his side kick. and thats alright everyone entitled to their opinion. amy acton is looking at this with tunnel vision, its her job to look at this one way and thats the health of the public but there comes a point where we realize this virus is here to stay so its up to you if you hide in your basement or live you life.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I know Gov Mike DeWine and Dr Amy Acton has said in last few days that leaving home for something nonessential or gathering could still yield a 750 dollar fine and 90 days in jail per public health order issued for Ohio. I’ve noticed family’s and people gathering at ball fields and having kids either playing or practicing. I though local schools and little league organizations was monitoring people from staying off fields let alone OHSSA telling schools shut the facilities down Dr Amy Acton signed a 14 page order that should be followed u til at least May 29. All persons may leave their homes or place of residence only to participate in activities, businesses or operations s permitted in order local authorities can issue violations which are a minor misdemeanor. Masks or facial coverings are strongly encouraged and some places required

Return to “Football”