Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Re: Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Not sure..ask all the employees and customers at wal mart Lowe’s,Kroger’s and fast food they got it figured out😂..wonder how many lawsuits they’ve had

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

enigmaax wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:40 am
noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:45 am

Sitting back and moderating might help more than posting against people. Matt has always said if you have an issue with a mod do it off the open forum so we mods could do that with our members and not on a open forum. One disagreement seems ok but to continue need to be taken to PMs.
Let’s lock the thread then. Just look through the thread. You will see the same information over and over. It’s been argumentative since the beginning of it and people are tired of it. There is three paragraphs of it right above this post. Personally, I feel he needs banned from the topic.
So, your idea is that we shouldn’t close down schools, sports, etc. because people should have the right to choose whether they risk their and others’ life and health, but you want some insignificant message board to start banning people from posting and to shut down threads because you can’t just choose on your own to not read or respond to a differing opinion? That’s really strange to me.
It’s strange because you failed in the comprehension of it. I said “personally” I think he should be banned from the topic not that I was going to ban. His argument isnt the problem I have, severely flawed, yes, but it’s the tone and the manner. Calling posters deplorables. He’s trying to force his stance which is brutal in nature and disgusting to digest.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

This why a mandatory mask in public in Ohio is coming. Because people have done what they want and now it will be mandated. Clock is ticking.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:04 pm This why a mandatory mask in public in Ohio is coming. Because people have done what they want and now it will be mandated. Clock is ticking.
Should've been done country wide from the beginning.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:48 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:40 am

Let’s lock the thread then. Just look through the thread. You will see the same information over and over. It’s been argumentative since the beginning of it and people are tired of it. There is three paragraphs of it right above this post. Personally, I feel he needs banned from the topic.
So, your idea is that we shouldn’t close down schools, sports, etc. because people should have the right to choose whether they risk their and others’ life and health, but you want some insignificant message board to start banning people from posting and to shut down threads because you can’t just choose on your own to not read or respond to a differing opinion? That’s really strange to me.
It’s strange because you failed in the comprehension of it. I said “personally” I think he should be banned from the topic not that I was going to ban. His argument isnt the problem I have, severely flawed, yes, but it’s the tone and the manner. Calling posters deplorables. He’s trying to force his stance which is brutal in nature and disgusting to digest.
He just might be out witting you.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:23 pm

Uh no

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:04 pm This why a mandatory mask in public in Ohio is coming. Because people have done what they want and now it will be mandated. Clock is ticking.
ZERO chance of a mandate if he tries he loses in court the next Day

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

While we all hope to see football on all levels this fall it simply might not happen. The biggest problem is when the virus starts to overrun the hospitals and the ICU units again action will be taken. There are states now that are claiming those numbers are reaching record highs. I hope and pray that we get this under control and we get back to somewhat normal conditions but this time of year maybe makes that less likely.

Lets hope come August we are talking about Ironton/Burg and not this virus . It wont be the same not hearing that Ironton has recruited better than OSU, LMAO !!! and my buddy Bait going down memory lane and Woby saying the game was closer than the score :D :D :D

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blitz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:58 pm
ZERO chance of a mandate if he tries he loses in court the next Day
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020062 ... -in-public

Given this article and the number of states and cities mandating mask, I think you would find yourself quite surprised by the outcome if this happens then.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Prime -

Costs are a significant part of this. Cleaning and sanitizing will be expensive. I expect most sports are SOL. The expense of bussing goes up if you social distance hauling fewer students on each bus. With education budgets cut from the state, this isn’t doable in many districts.

Worse is when a player or coach gets infected , the players and coaches will have to quarantine to see if they have it. Games may not be played lest you nectar the other team. And that goes week by week. Besides the liability, it’s a logistical nightmare.

Have gun, will travel
Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

Whats the number that sets the precedent? Where was everyone showing concern today at before?

In the 2017-18 flu season, 80,000 people died in the US..... and they had a vaccine. Nearly 1M people were hospitalized. At some point, almost 10% of the population (@28M) sought medical attention related to the flu.

I don't believe anything was closed or cancelled. Why didn't we as a nation react to this? Was 80K dead not enough? Whats the number that flips the switch from "business as usual" to "mandatory suspension?" How many people died because people so concerned today did nothing 2 years ago?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Toz15 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:14 pm Whats the number that sets the precedent? Where was everyone showing concern today at before?

In the 2017-18 flu season, 80,000 people died in the US..... and they had a vaccine. Nearly 1M people were hospitalized. At some point, almost 10% of the population (@28M) sought medical attention related to the flu.

I don't believe anything was closed or cancelled. Why didn't we as a nation react to this? Was 80K dead not enough? Whats the number that flips the switch from "business as usual" to "mandatory suspension?" How many people died because people so concerned today did nothing 2 years ago?
That's pretty simple, flu season come, flu season go, schools shutdown for cleaning open back up after a few days of sanitizing. Covid-19 season has come and there's no end in site, there's no season for it, it's transmitted at a greater rate of speed and has effected the entire world. 28 mill sought medical attention with 80K deaths which is quite tragic, but it will come and it will go. Covid-19, 2.75 mill cases with 130K dead shows a major difference in the death per infected rate, if we hit 28M like with the flu we're talking the possibly of over 1 million dead and that is a FAR cry from the 80K you're referencing. Covid-19 has no vaccine, little information but what is being gathered over the last 6 months and few KNOWN cures. The flu has a vaccine and has the medicine that can greater combat it. Even comparing the 2 is a joke as some want to say it's just like the flu, yeah well if it was would it have an entire world flipped upside down, no. Get where you're trying to go with it like so many have throughout this entire process but it's not equivalent.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Bottom line and it’s really simple. Do what is good for everyone wear a face mask. Social distance. Take your temp. Obey the guidelines. Forget all the percentages. Do what’s right for everyone. Consideration for your fellow human being. Sports believe it or not doenst take precedent over a world wide pandemic whether people refuse to do what’s good for everyone. Who cares what I say or you say it’s called following guidelines of the state government and federal government so we can all get out of this alive, every single one of us.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:10 pm Bottom line and it’s really simple. Do what is good for everyone wear a face mask. Social distance. Take your temp. Obey the guidelines. Forget all the percentages. Do what’s right for everyone. Consideration for your fellow human being. Sports believe it or not doenst take precedent over a world wide pandemic whether people refuse to do what’s good for everyone. Who cares what I say or you say it’s called following guidelines of the state government and federal government so we can all get out of this alive, every single one of us.
Short sweet and to the point, good post. Could've saved a lot of heart ache and moved this pandemic along at a much smoother rate. However, I'm still hopeful for sports ;)

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Did anyone catch Governor DeWines school talk today ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Uh no
Uh maybe yes.....that what it sounds like...Let everyone talk and stay out of it unless it breaking the rules. With this Covid-19 and being summer we can stand to relax a little.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:10 pm Bottom line and it’s really simple. Do what is good for everyone wear a face mask. Social distance. Take your temp. Obey the guidelines. Forget all the percentages. Do what’s right for everyone. Consideration for your fellow human being. Sports believe it or not doenst take precedent over a world wide pandemic whether people refuse to do what’s good for everyone. Who cares what I say or you say it’s called following guidelines of the state government and federal government so we can all get out of this alive, every single one of us.
Doing this and maybe a quicker response in the beginning might have had us back to full employment.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:14 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Uh no
Uh maybe yes.....that what it sounds like...Let everyone talk and stay out of it unless it breaking the rules. With this Covid-19 and being summer we can stand to relax a little.
I have no idea what you’re talking about.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't think so

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:39 pm Didn't think so
Really? :lol: That’s the classic response for someone who can’t explain themselves.

Also, Burg will have practice next week again.

Return to “Football”