2020 Football Season

Football_fanatic
Waterboy

Re: 2020 Football Season

Post by Football_fanatic »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:15 pm Would probably be less severe, is what the article said. Anecdotal evidence of a couple of deaths, and we are all idiots. All I did was pull open the curtain on your sources, sorry if you can’t hide behind so called facts that you like to add to the studies!
I agree, but apparently comprehension is hard for some as it does say "less severe" in the article and nothing about that it could be "worse."

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

IN a few short weeks, it will be yea or nay, I can’t see the yeas coming out on top here. School districts is having enough issues currently just tryin to protect staff and teachers ,along with kids. No nobody really has said the effects on the teachers and staff much here but they are in any decisions being made also. How can Gov DEWine put out a no more than ten in a group together outside in the state of Ohio and the local health officials look the other way at these ballparks, no social distancing, no masks, people act like it’s another normal day and that these adults and kids all in groups . It’s amazing the me me culture at any cost for your neighbors, elderly family members, immediate family members. Super spreaders ,spread in large groups and people just don’t get it. What this has done in the big picture is if people would have obeyed and followed guidelines in March,April, May and kept number flat there would been a fighting chance of a full school year but now the numbers are running rampant and people are upset with what’s going to happen in 6 weeks. Don’t make sense . God Bless Us All !

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Trimble, Athens, Alexander, Tri Valley, Eastern all shut down for at least two weeks.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Just announced - Los Angeles, San Diego and Phoenix schools will not be in session this fall. Online only.

Have gun, will travel
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:49 pm
Blitz wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:42 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:34 pm No one added anything. The fact is “herd immunity “ is BS.

Those screaming for football have nothing to fall back on. Be my guest - no masks, no social distancing, herd immunity,etc.

Now, most of us, the vast majority, will follow, science, doctors, immunologists, medical researchers and epidemiologists for our health. And then there are the bull$h!tters screaming for football ignoring that following the Orange one.

Good luck.
but you just said NOBODY knows Pal .... which is it???

Are those people arguing here because they really think football is going to happen on any level or is it just because they don’t want Paladin to be right?

Like, are you guys really not able to separate what you want and what reasonable decision-makers will ultimately decide, given the evidence and trends that are readily accessible?
Paladin called me a bullshitter because I read and quoted his claim from an article. Called others clueless, made tick, tick, tick, insinuating that no sports to be played. I don’t feel sorry for him, he reminds me of the person her likes to call the orange one and rump. Has a narcissistic and god complex kind of problem!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Please don’t confuse me with the incompetent, corrupt, lying, narcissistic, vindictive sociopath in the WH.

I’m just an ex Head Football coach who would like to see another football season but smart enough not to be a fool expecting one to happen.

For those who expect to have another normal year of football, well, you can’t fix stupid.

Have gun, will travel
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I won’t lose my mind if fall or football season is canceled. I have a to be junior on what could be a pretty decent football team, a to be freshman who plays volleyball and a to be 5th grader who wants to play football, plus the wife and I both teach. I will of course be disappointed for mine and other kids who will miss out, but I am not burying my head. These decisions to open up are extremely difficult and somebody’s going to be butt hurt either way, I just don’t believe in slamming others with dissenting opinions!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:08 pm BTW, I reported this on other threads - Richard Rose, 37, of Port Clinton , Ohio died from the virus. He made fun of the hoax virus and promoted Trump 2020 on his Facebook page. On July 1, he felt sick. On July 4, the virus killed him.

He sounded very much like the clueless promoting the idea of playing football, living with the virus, no mask, no social distancing, etc. If you live the lie for Rump, be prepared to die.

Stay safe.
You’re sick in the head dude.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin should probably check into the state hospital

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Atlanta and Nashville announce kids will not return to school this Fall. Online classes only. The tsunami rolls along .

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:19 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:08 pm BTW, I reported this on other threads - Richard Rose, 37, of Port Clinton , Ohio died from the virus. He made fun of the hoax virus and promoted Trump 2020 on his Facebook page. On July 1, he felt sick. On July 4, the virus killed him.

He sounded very much like the clueless promoting the idea of playing football, living with the virus, no mask, no social distancing, etc. If you live the lie for Rump, be prepared to die.

Stay safe.
I should ban you for HIPPA violation. Look that one up book worm.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

It was reported in the media, tough guy.

Have gun, will travel
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Stay safe.
You mean a HIPAA violation, not "HIPPA." Something that doesn't apply to a rando on the internet.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:36 pm It was reported in the media, tough guy.
:lol: Is that what it said? Word for word? I’d love to see the write up and see if it goes verbatim with yours. Do yourself a favor and get checked.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:36 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm

You mean a HIPAA violation, not "HIPPA." Something that doesn't apply to a rando on the internet.
I know it doesn’t apply but do you think it’s appropriate? It would have him banned in the right setting. He just thinks it’s funny to talk about a victim because of his political affiliation.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

NBC interviewed 5 medical folks who were specializing in covid 19 studies and they all said they would send their children back to school with no reservations.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

pistol wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:59 pm NBC interviewed 5 medical folks who were specializing in covid 19 studies and they all said they would send their children back to school with no reservations.
There's not a consensus in the medical community on this.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm
pistol wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:59 pm NBC interviewed 5 medical folks who were specializing in covid 19 studies and they all said they would send their children back to school with no reservations.
There's not a consensus in the medical community on this.
Is there a consensus on anything in the medical community? Probably why people seek second opinions.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:17 pm I won’t lose my mind if fall or football season is canceled. I have a to be junior on what could be a pretty decent football team, a to be freshman who plays volleyball and a to be 5th grader who wants to play football, plus the wife and I both teach. I will of course be disappointed for mine and other kids who will miss out, but I am not burying my head. These decisions to open up are extremely difficult and somebody’s going to be butt hurt either way, I just don’t believe in slamming others with dissenting opinions!

The last sentence is priceless. Very. Nice way to end it.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:29 pm Atlanta and Nashville announce kids will not return to school this Fall. Online classes only. The tsunami rolls along .
Athens is moving to online learning for the fall. Athens will vote next week but I highly doubt Athens will be playing football this fall

Return to “Football”