2020 Football Season

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: 2020 Football Season

Post by formerfcfan »

LockHerUp wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:54 am uh...regarding the "science stuff"...

https://www.redstate.com/michael_thau/2 ... t-us-know/

This whole response is a huge overreaction and largely political.
Username and link check out.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:10 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:29 pm Europe flattened the curve and kept it flat .....

🧐🧐🧐
Well they dont have an upcoming election with one party's only hope being tanking the social and economic structure of this great country.

MAGA
Lol, I always laugh when I see someone with this thought, it's like do you really believe that?? An entire world is dealing with the same pandemic as a ruse to alter an election here in the US it's freakin hilarious. Giving a guy who's done nothing way to much credit, and some actually think this, quite sad. They don't need a pandemic to alter an election just a little Russian know how.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Virginia High School League plans for a fall without football

From the Washington Post
There will be no public high school football in Virginia this fall, as the Virginia High School League is moving forward with three options for scheduling a modified sports season in response to the novel coronavirus pandemic.

With fall approaching and the number of coronavirus cases in the country rising, including in Virginia, the executive committee voted Wednesday to delay the start of the sports season — though the format is still under discussion.(excerpt)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... -football/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Omega wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:29 pm Virginia High School League plans for a fall without football

From the Washington Post
There will be no public high school football in Virginia this fall, as the Virginia High School League is moving forward with three options for scheduling a modified sports season in response to the novel coronavirus pandemic.

With fall approaching and the number of coronavirus cases in the country rising, including in Virginia, the executive committee voted Wednesday to delay the start of the sports season — though the format is still under discussion.(excerpt)

This is Ohio.....

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:20 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:10 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:29 pm Europe flattened the curve and kept it flat .....

🧐🧐🧐
Well they dont have an upcoming election with one party's only hope being tanking the social and economic structure of this great country.

MAGA
Lol, I always laugh when I see someone with this thought, it's like do you really believe that?? An entire world is dealing with the same pandemic as a ruse to alter an election here in the US it's freakin hilarious. Giving a guy who's done nothing way to much credit, and some actually think this, quite sad. They don't need a pandemic to alter an election just a little Russian know how.
You said it and I agree !A. Little Russian know how !
Last edited by Geronimo on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

My point was, obviously, that a large number of scientists disagree with lockdowns. This is a fact. My opinion is that - for a lot of folks (not all) - they want lockdowns for political reasons.
So, are all of these scientists wrong ?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:32 pm
Omega wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:29 pm Virginia High School League plans for a fall without football

From the Washington Post

This is Ohio.....
Very true, Woby. Yet think of the domino effect. One state or organization pulling the plug on high school football makes it easier for next governing group to arrive at the same decision. Virginia's decision will also complicate West Virginia's ability to have a fall football season given numerous games cross scheduled between the two states. So forth and so on. (Edit: 13 West Virginia schools have lost 27 games with Virginia schools. Not a huge number but still significant for a small state whose season has already been shortened by one week.)

We all hope there will be fall football season, especially for the seniors. Yet the tide seems to be against that.
Last edited by Omega on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

PA to vote today also on their fall sports fate

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jackson city schools will have hard guide lines ! From what was said on WSAZ news

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I'll say if you're going to send your kids back to school five days a week, its hard to justify not trying to have fall sports seasons.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:37 pm I'll say if you're going to send your kids back to school five days a week, its hard to justify not trying to have fall sports seasons.
You would think, but the Jackson story said no field trips. Is an away game a field trip? Just asking for a friend of course.

https://www.wsaz.com/2020/07/15/jackson ... ning-plan/

The only certainty is the uncertainty

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Omega wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:44 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:37 pm I'll say if you're going to send your kids back to school five days a week, its hard to justify not trying to have fall sports seasons.
You would think, but the Jackson story said no field trips. Is an away game a field trip? Just asking for a friend of course.

https://www.wsaz.com/2020/07/15/jackson ... ning-plan/

The only certainty is the uncertainty
I'd doubt it is.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

🧐🧐🧐

Well my question wasn’t towards any thing political, whatsoever!

My question was more for what did they do so well that we did not ??

If they did it.....WHY and HOW did we not do the same ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:30 pm Jackson city schools will have hard guide lines ! From what was said on WSAZ news
Not hard at all. What’s hard about it?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

edforshey wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:19 pm PA to vote today also on their fall sports fate

Finally some good news regarding Pennsylvania HS football.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/ ... n-on-time/

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:31 pm
Geronimo wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:30 pm Jackson city schools will have hard guide lines ! From what was said on WSAZ news
Not hard at all. What’s hard about it?
Kind of what I thought, very reasonable. Should make a parent feel better about kids returning

Football_fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Football_fanatic »

Omega wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:00 pm
edforshey wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:19 pm PA to vote today also on their fall sports fate

Finally some good news regarding Pennsylvania HS football.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/ ... n-on-time/

Great news. Hopefully Ohio follows suit.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

The next three or four weeks are critical to our chances of having a high school football season. If we can get the numbers (virus) going in a better direction I like our chances.

People need to wear a mask when out in public. There is overwhelming scientific evidence it makes a difference. And if everyone wears a mask it will provide a HUGE benefit to our economy. A recent Goldman Sachs study indicates we could dodge a 5 percent decline in our GDP if we had a national mandate regarding mask. But of course that would require "leadership" at the national level.

If you want to save lives, prevent an economic collapse and have a football season....wear a mask when in public, practice social distancing and wash your hands frequently. I would hope everyone would be willing to do their part.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

toast wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:03 am The next three or four weeks are critical to our chances of having a high school football season. If we can get the numbers (virus) going in a better direction I like our chances.

People need to wear a mask when out in public. There is overwhelming scientific evidence it makes a difference. And if everyone wears a mask it will provide a HUGE benefit to our economy. A recent Goldman Sachs study indicates we could dodge a 5 percent decline in our GDP if we had a national mandate regarding mask. But of course that would require "leadership" at the national level.

If you want to save lives, prevent an economic collapse and have a football season....wear a mask when in public, practice social distancing and wash your hands frequently. I would hope everyone would be willing to do their part.

Pretty good post....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good post toast, I have been saying same thing since March. But been ridiculed at every post, I’m afraid we’re to deep into spread, just still look around anywhere you go, people are not social distancing, not wearing face masks, really ignoring any guidelines from back in March. I’m glad to see stores starting to mandate masks if going in stores. The city health officials need to monitor parks, ball fields, large gatherings , malls or concerts., because the virus is every where and those people ignore any kind of guidelines set forth by our Govenernor, and federal guidelines. People are going to hot spots, such as Florida, South Carolina or any beach and coming back and Infecting everyone they come in contact with. Mandatory. Masks and shut downs I’m afraid is next. Social distance, wear a mask, wash hands, take temps and think of person next to you and it’s real the virus is among all of us.

Return to “Football”