The real 2020 season

countywide35
SEOP

Re: The real 2020 season

Post by countywide35 »

Westfan wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:46 pm West is flying under the radar which is good, but I'm telling you they are gonna surprise alot of people this year.

100% agreed

This team was young last year. And was very competitive. If I recall they had some real good size up front with nice athletes to add to em ! They’ll suprise the doubters of but there’s a few of us that knows what’s brewin on the west side.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:48 am
artisgilmore wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:13 am Gallia has 2 chances against Ironton,slim and none.Slim left town.Tigers running clock.
Where’s it being played at ironton or Gallia?

Pretty sure it’s in the Tank this fall.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:46 pm West is flying under the radar which is good, but I'm telling you they are gonna surprise alot of people this year.
What do you like about your team?

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:13 pm
Some athletic lineman this year ranging from sophomores to seniors. Got some speed on the outside with some upcoming freshman and a few sophomores (also returning the leading receiver). Then the backfield is looking pretty strong with Hunter Brown (senior back who took carries last year). Out of the 22 starting positions we are returning 17 of those spots which shows these young guys have experience.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Basketballfan40 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:11 pm
Some athletic lineman this year ranging from sophomores to seniors. Got some speed on the outside with some upcoming freshman and a few sophomores (also returning the leading receiver). Then the backfield is looking pretty strong with Hunter Brown (senior back who took carries last year). Out of the 22 starting positions we are returning 17 of those spots which shows these young guys have experience.
Nice breakdown. What’s the depth look like?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

They are good too

The 2x I watched em last year. The pieces are thee

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley returns their dynamic qb and their leading receiver and the rb who finished really strong last season they do lose some of their starting line if they can stay healthy they should be really good

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest returns alot. They'll have 6 seniors which 4 are 4 year starters. A very good back field in the Jr Campbell ( 1400 + yards rushing and 30+tds) Sr Rivers (950+ yards rushing). Several of the Jr's are 3 year starters. Several of the sophomores seen alot of varsity action last year, a few of them look very impressive. Have some good looking freshman also.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:30 pm Northwest returns alot. They'll have 6 seniors which 4 are 4 year starters. A very good back field in the Jr Campbell ( 1400 + yards rushing and 30+tds) Sr Rivers (950+ yards rushing). Several of the Jr's are 3 year starters. Several of the sophomores seen alot of varsity action last year, a few of them look very impressive. Have some good looking freshman also.
That’s awesome. Heard that indoor facility was working out nicely

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Nice breakdown. What’s the depth look like?
Not much depth due to the fact that backups are mostly freshman ( mostly all fast WRs/DBs). But the depth is probably the greatest in the trenches with some sophomores who can hold it down while the older guys get tired. Also in case of emergency, Luke Bradford (Started in early 2019) should be able to play QB again if needed.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Let’s hope Football season happens this fall or spring. I’ve had many around the program say this is Pendleton’s best team at Ironton and maybe one of the best in school history. The Fighting Tigers are eyeing a state championship in 2020.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:27 am Let’s hope Football season happens this fall or spring. I’ve had many around the program say this is Pendleton’s best team at Ironton and maybe one of the best in school history. The Fighting Tigers are eyeing a state championship in 2020.
Hard to make that assumption when it’s year three but having Carrico gives the tigers a great chance. Well I guess if it’s one of the best in school history, it’s going to be one of his best I suppose. Hard to beat last years team. Ironton needs it to happen in fall because carrico is enrolling in Ohio state in January I thought.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:21 am
XandOs wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:27 am Let’s hope Football season happens this fall or spring. I’ve had many around the program say this is Pendleton’s best team at Ironton and maybe one of the best in school history. The Fighting Tigers are eyeing a state championship in 2020.
Hard to make that assumption when it’s year three but having Carrico gives the tigers a great chance. Well I guess if it’s one of the best in school history, it’s going to be one of his best I suppose. Hard to beat last years team. Ironton needs it to happen in fall because carrico is enrolling in Ohio state in January I thought.
You are correct, I seen an interview where I think himself and a lot of that 2021 OSU recruits will be enrolling early.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I don't know how much they're flying under the radar as compared to these other teams are returning quite a few players themselves and are a notch ahead of West as of right now. I do think you'll see West with a winning record but I look for them to be the possible favorites for the next 2-3 years after this season.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:19 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:30 pm Northwest returns alot. They'll have 6 seniors which 4 are 4 year starters. A very good back field in the Jr Campbell ( 1400 + yards rushing and 30+tds) Sr Rivers (950+ yards rushing). Several of the Jr's are 3 year starters. Several of the sophomores seen alot of varsity action last year, a few of them look very impressive. Have some good looking freshman also.
That’s awesome. Heard that indoor facility was working out nicely
it sure is nice to have.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:02 am
I don't know how much they're flying under the radar as compared to these other teams are returning quite a few players themselves and are a notch ahead of West as of right now. I do think you'll see West with a winning record but I look for them to be the possible favorites for the next 2-3 years after this season.
True. They will be loaded the next 3 years.
They will have better than a winning record. I think they win 6 to 8 games and compete well with everyone on the schedule. Teams will be shocked at their team speed compared to last and offensive/defensive line will be a strength this year. Coaches have said this is probably the hardest working team they have had. Attitudes and leadership are top notch with this group. Only problem is alot of Freshmen and Sophomores in the 2 deep and that usually isn't a recipe for success, but they are arguably the best Freshman and Sophomore groups in the area.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:30 pm
They will have better than a winning record. I think they win 6 to 8 games and compete well with everyone on the schedule. Teams will be shocked at their team speed compared to last and offensive/defensive line will be a strength this year. Coaches have said this is probably the hardest working team they have had. Attitudes and leadership are top notch with this group. Only problem is alot of Freshmen and Sophomores in the 2 deep and that usually isn't a recipe for success, but they are arguably the best Freshman and Sophomore groups in the area.
I look for them in that 6-7 win range myself, don't know if they'll hit 8, haven't gone and looked at their entire schedule. I've watched that freshman and sophomore group couple years back and there's no denying between the 2 groups they have the skilled players covered with one group and size in another. Have heard the freshman QB went to Waverly I believe it was.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:49 pm
Westfan wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:30 pm

I look for them in that 6-7 win range myself, don't know if they'll hit 8, haven't gone and looked at their entire schedule. I've watched that freshman and sophomore group couple years back and there's no denying between the 2 groups they have the skilled players covered with one group and size in another. Have heard the freshman QB went to Waverly I believe it was.
He was a running back. Don't think he is going to play football.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:44 pm

100% agreed

This team was young last year. And was very competitive. If I recall they had some real good size up front with nice athletes to add to em ! They’ll suprise the doubters of but there’s a few of us that knows what’s brewin on the west side.....
West should find a bunch of 1980s alumni to referee the final game of the season against Wheelersburg, b/c that's exactly what the Burg admin did last year to West.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

vladimir wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:37 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:44 pm

100% agreed

West should find a bunch of 1980s alumni to referee the final game of the season against Wheelersburg, b/c that's exactly what the Burg admin did last year to West.
Honestly we could've had Ray Charles last year and it wouldn't have mattered. This year may be different

Return to “Football”