Honest Question

2trap_4ever
S

Honest Question

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Who on this site would allow football to go on this fall with no fans? I mean not a single person in the stands, no parents, no bands, no nothing, just so the season could go forward, who on this site would honestly be up for that. Or are we as fans to worried about ourselves getting to watch the games that we do not care about the possibility of catching a virus that has killed in this state. So basically what it comes down to is are we wanting this for the kids or for ourselves.

longball
JV Team

Re: Honest Question

Post by longball »

Who on this site really thinks that the kids would enjoy a season with no fans?

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

longball wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:52 am Who on this site really thinks that the kids would enjoy a season with no fans?
I do. They definitely would like fans to be there. But I guarantee 99% of them would rather play a season with no fans than not get a season at all

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Couldn’t you social distance the fans around the field?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:11 pm Couldn’t you social distance the fans around the field?
How do you social distance the fans? Have you not seen Tank during a Burg or Ashland game? There is no way to social distance fans at a stadium.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

2trap_4ever wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:15 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:11 pm Couldn’t you social distance the fans around the field?
How do you social distance the fans? Have you not seen Tank during a Burg or Ashland game? There is no way to social distance fans at a stadium.
That’s an easy answer. Mark off seats and go half capacity

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

I'm sure everyone would do this so the kids could play.

However, the schools and the OHSAA would lose a ton of money with no fans in the stands.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Not sure how many of you have kids playing softball or baseball this summer but they have been doing it with no problem at all..I’ve been with my daughter every weekend and seen hundreds of players/fans and no one seems bothered by anything..the fake media is the problem trying to scare everyone..you see how things really are when you get out and travel..if your scared and believe all these fudged numbers stay home..it’s as simple as washing your hands and using common sense

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:37 pm Not sure how many of you have kids playing softball or baseball this summer but they have been doing it with no problem at all..I’ve been with my daughter every weekend and seen hundreds of players/fans and no one seems bothered by anything..the fake media is the problem trying to scare everyone..you see how things really are when you get out and travel..if your scared and believe all these fudged numbers stay home..it’s as simple as washing your hands and using common sense
Very true but unfortunately our education system is controlled by the government and they will be making the decision

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Only allow relatives, some students into the games. Charge $5 to live stream the games.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

2trap_4ever wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 am Who on this site would allow football to go on this fall with no fans? I mean not a single person in the stands, no parents, no bands, no nothing, just so the season could go forward, who on this site would honestly be up for that.
Yes I would be in favor of this 100%

2trap_4ever wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 am Or are we as fans to worried about ourselves getting to watch the games that we do not care about the possibility of catching a virus that has killed in this state. So basically what it comes down to is are we wanting this for the kids or for ourselves.
This is a different thing. I'm 100% not concerned at all about Covid. So if you're allowing me in I'll be there.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:37 pm you see how things really are when you get out and travel
There are COVID surges and school practices shut-downs literally linked to out-of-state travel.
it’s as simple as washing your hands and using common sense
Hey dumb-o, how is COVID transmitted again?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

2trap_4ever wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 am Who on this site would allow football to go on this fall with no fans? I mean not a single person in the stands, no parents, no bands, no nothing, just so the season could go forward, who on this site would honestly be up for that. Or are we as fans to worried about ourselves getting to watch the games that we do not care about the possibility of catching a virus that has killed in this state. So basically what it comes down to is are we wanting this for the kids or for ourselves.
Yeah, I'd be fine with it. Won't happen though because the expense of football with no revenue would make the operations completely insolvent.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The U. S. Has less than 5% of the world population , but almost 23% of the virus deaths. And that doesn’t include those who survive with lifetime suffering with lung damage.

What could go wrong ?

Have gun, will travel
Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:25 pm
2trap_4ever wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 am Who on this site would allow football to go on this fall with no fans? I mean not a single person in the stands, no parents, no bands, no nothing, just so the season could go forward, who on this site would honestly be up for that. Or are we as fans to worried about ourselves getting to watch the games that we do not care about the possibility of catching a virus that has killed in this state. So basically what it comes down to is are we wanting this for the kids or for ourselves.
Yeah, I'd be fine with it. Won't happen though because the expense of football with no revenue would make the operations completely insolvent.
If it really ever came that far down the ladder it should be left up to each school then. Although, people afraid of the virus might not like what happens. If you can make it solvent then you're off to the races. If you can't, you fold tent. I know plenty of districts that would have no problem "passing the hat" or "making a couple of calls" and covering the cost for 1 year if it meant the difference. :D

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

https://news.yahoo.com/people-more-lik ... 11396.html

You got somewhere you can go Pal? No place is safe!!!
Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:31 pm The U. S. Has less than 5% of the world population , but almost 23% of the virus deaths. And that doesn’t include those who survive with lifetime suffering with lung damage.

What could go wrong ?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Toz15 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:25 pm
If it really ever came that far down the ladder it should be left up to each school then. Although, people afraid of the virus might not like what happens. If you can make it solvent then you're off to the races. If you can't, you fold tent. I know plenty of districts that would have no problem "passing the hat" or "making a couple of calls" and covering the cost for 1 year if it meant the difference. :D
That’s fair. I don’t know how many schools are in a position to necessarily do that, but if they are then let them.

It is possibly the case that the decision of some schools (possibly in the same area of this forum) on playing or not directly hinges on who is allowed in the stands. If no one is allowed, then that’s a lot of fundraisers at the nearby pizza place necessary to recoup the losses.

This might also just come down to what the Ohio Department of Health or OHSAA suggest the “best practice” of policing capacity and distance to be. The OHSFCA came up with a suggestion and while it’s a start, it’s also just a freakin’ joke without any further workshopping. Image

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:43 pm
Sballbball24/7 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:37 pm Not sure how many of you have kids playing softball or baseball this summer but they have been doing it with no problem at all..I’ve been with my daughter every weekend and seen hundreds of players/fans and no one seems bothered by anything..the fake media is the problem trying to scare everyone..you see how things really are when you get out and travel..if your scared and believe all these fudged numbers stay home..it’s as simple as washing your hands and using common sense
Very true but unfortunately our education system is controlled by the government and they will be making the decision
Unless its private schooling. I believe several private schools have already stated they are opening, as they operate under the Diocese and not the state.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

LeftHanded wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:09 pm
longball wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:52 am Who on this site really thinks that the kids would enjoy a season with no fans?
I do. They definitely would like fans to be there. But I guarantee 99% of them would rather play a season with no fans than not get a season at all
Exactly. The show must go on.

They allow protesters that are looting, rioting and vandalizing by the thousands with no masks and no social distancing. But all of a sudden non criminal activity such as going to a football game is a problem? I dont think so.

If you feel unsafe, stay at home.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:24 pm
Sballbball24/7 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:37 pm you see how things really are when you get out and travel
There are COVID surges and school practices shut-downs literally linked to out-of-state travel.
it’s as simple as washing your hands and using common sense
Hey dumb-o, how is COVID transmitted again?
It’s transmitted through your phone and tv..or whatever you want to believe lol..but anyways like I said use common sense when you travel😉 and have a good time

Return to “Football”