Honest Question

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Honest Question

Post by formerfcfan »

Unless (or until) there is a such a sharp increase of cases statewide, I don't see the Governor shutting down schools again. He's not going to block them re-opening for in-person instruction come August unless this gets worse.
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:53 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:43 pm Very true but unfortunately our education system is controlled by the government and they will be making the decision
Unless its private schooling. I believe several private schools have already stated they are opening, as they operate under the Diocese and not the state.
While they do not respond directly to the state, if the Governor says "all the schools are going back to virtual" you're not going to see any of the privates refuse to do so. Not at all worth the fight.

This is, however, different from what the private schools are planning on doing right now: which is to open up for in-person education for five days a week. (If anyone in Pickaway, Perry, Hocking, Athens or Ross Counties are reading this and want their kid to attend school five days a week for sure, I know a school who would welcome them with open arms.)
Sballbball24/7 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:56 pm It’s transmitted through your phone and tv..or whatever you want to believe lol..but anyways like I said use common sense when you travel😉 and have a good time
Even though we obviously disagree, I'm glad some humor could come in the disagreement. Well done.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:50 pm
Toz15 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:25 pm

Yeah, I'd be fine with it. Won't happen though because the expense of football with no revenue would make the operations completely insolvent.
If it really ever came that far down the ladder it should be left up to each school then. Although, people afraid of the virus might not like what happens. If you can make it solvent then you're off to the races. If you can't, you fold tent. I know plenty of districts that would have no problem "passing the hat" or "making a couple of calls" and covering the cost for 1 year if it meant the difference. :D
That’s fair. I don’t know how many schools are in a position to necessarily do that, but if they are then let them.

It is possibly the case that the decision of some schools (possibly in the same area of this forum) on playing or not directly hinges on who is allowed in the stands. If no one is allowed, then that’s a lot of fundraisers at the nearby pizza place necessary to recoup the losses.

This might also just come down to what the Ohio Department of Health or OHSAA suggest the “best practice” of policing capacity and distance to be. The OHSFCA came up with a suggestion and while it’s a start, it’s also just a freakin’ joke without any further workshopping. Image

Probably more dependent on your final paragraph than any other. I'm not arguing against it at all, but if you leave it local..... there will be plenty of games to go to this year. There are teams in the area of this forum who are having absolutely zero issues with anything virus related. Its as simple as if you aren't sick, why would you get tested.

I'm not sure how this "upcoming season" is impacted financially. What is needed that shouldn't already have been covered??? As far as no gate to cover officials or cost of bus & driver or pre-game/post-game meals for both teams? Most schools I know cover those costs outside of the general fund already. I'm not saying it doesn't cause a financial crunch but most schools have plenty of people that will step up. I'd have cashed my 401K if it meant my son played his senior year of football or not.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

you know what, go ahead and cancel sports... sadly more and more kids will be out partying and doing riskier activities than playing football during this so called pandemic where the disease doesn't even make them sick. It's sad the prices that we are forcing our youth to pay for this because we are scared..

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

longball wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:58 pm you know what, go ahead and cancel sports... sadly more and more kids will be out partying and doing riskier activities than playing football during this so called pandemic where the disease doesn't even make them sick. It's sad the prices that we are forcing our youth to pay for this because we are scared..
Stop bringing intelligent thoughts in this conversation

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:32 pm
longball wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:58 pm you know what, go ahead and cancel sports... sadly more and more kids will be out partying and doing riskier activities than playing football during this so called pandemic where the disease doesn't even make them sick. It's sad the prices that we are forcing our youth to pay for this because we are scared..
Aren't you two the same great thinkers that had been saying since March that COVID wasn't a big deal? :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:38 pm
Aren't you two the same great thinkers that had been saying since March that COVID wasn't a big deal? :lol:
No. We were probably the ones smart enough to know that COVID isn't going away and it's time to move on. Again, Ill ask the same question. Why are we delaying this decision? If football is that dangerous for the spread of COVID, why hasn't this decision been made so these kids can move on?

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Never said it wasn't a big deal... I am saying there are risks with everything you do. Either move on with your life or hide, don't force everyone else to hide just because you are afraid. Why does everyone want to be the covid police? They don't care how many children are taken for human trafficking, how many die from drunk driving, flu, aids, cancer, obesity... I can go on and on but no one bats an eye at the number of people dying from any of these... And you will have the argument that more people have died from covid in this short amount of time but don't forget the huge decrease in cardiac or respiratory related hospital deaths since this has started.. and just why is that??

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:43 pm

No. We were probably the ones smart enough to know that COVID isn't going away and it's time to move on. Again, Ill ask the same question. Why are we delaying this decision? If football is that dangerous for the spread of COVID, why hasn't this decision been made so these kids can move on?
Unsure if you realize this or not, but our governor is probably more focused on something else right now.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

longball wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:49 pm Never said it wasn't a big deal... I am saying there are risks with everything you do. Either move on with your life or hide, don't force everyone else to hide just because you are afraid. Why does everyone want to be the covid police? They don't care how many children are taken for human trafficking, how many die from drunk driving, flu, aids, cancer, obesity... I can go on and on but no one bats an eye at the number of people dying from any of these... And you will have the argument that more people have died from covid in this short amount of time but don't forget the huge decrease in cardiac or respiratory related hospital deaths since this has started.. and just why is that??
Nice straw man, you made.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:49 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:43 pm
Unsure if you realize this or not, but our governor is probably more focused on something else right now.
Like what? lol. Isn’t this related?

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:50 pm
longball wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:49 pm Never said it wasn't a big deal... I am saying there are risks with everything you do. Either move on with your life or hide, don't force everyone else to hide just because you are afraid. Why does everyone want to be the covid police? They don't care how many children are taken for human trafficking, how many die from drunk driving, flu, aids, cancer, obesity... I can go on and on but no one bats an eye at the number of people dying from any of these... And you will have the argument that more people have died from covid in this short amount of time but don't forget the huge decrease in cardiac or respiratory related hospital deaths since this has started.. and just why is that??
And you proved my point that you could actually care less about preventing deaths, unless it's covid related..

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

longball wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:12 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:50 pm
And you proved my point that you could actually care less about preventing deaths, unless it's covid related..
I do indeed care, Beavis.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

Covid still well outside my top 3 worries:

#1 - Oncoming car going left of center during my 2:20 round trip to work
#2 - Heart Attack push mowing the lawn
#3 - Wife discovering my browser history

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Toz15 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:17 pm Covid still well outside my top 3 worries:

“Toz, you’re spending too much time on SEOPreps and not enough Yappi!”

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Toz15 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:17 pm Covid still well outside my top 3 worries:

Move 3 to the 1 and the other two just may happen mysteriously :lol: :lol:

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

If football occurs and there are no fans or just parents and a few others spaced out, many schools will be doing live streaming you can purchase pay per view. OHSAA will need to change some policies for it to occur, but multiple schools are looking to go that direction.

Shoot, some on here might be in heaven if they could watch multiple games on tape delay throughout the week.
(Or in hell if they catch the virus and die.)

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

Let me just throw this idea out there. All game tickets are pre-sale for games. Season ticket holders, plus a sensible social distancing of seating on both visitor and home sides. Limits are adjusted as to actual seating (spacing) capacity of the venue. All who attend will have to have their temperature taken before entering the stadium entrance. Players, officials and coaches will be tested day of game immediately after school, prior to leaving for game site. Sideline and press box MUST be essential-ONLY! If bands are wanting to attend, they must also be tested as per the requirements of teams/staff.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

and who will pay for all of the testing? its not free

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

CoachC wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:01 am Let me just throw this idea out there. All game tickets are pre-sale for games. Season ticket holders, plus a sensible social distancing of seating on both visitor and home sides. Limits are adjusted as to actual seating (spacing) capacity of the venue. All who attend will have to have their temperature taken before entering the stadium entrance. Players, officials and coaches will be tested day of game immediately after school, prior to leaving for game site. Sideline and press box MUST be essential-ONLY! If bands are wanting to attend, they must also be tested as per the requirements of teams/staff.
This isnt the NFL you wont get test results for at least 5-8 days

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

longball wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:12 am and who will pay for all of the testing? its not free
fbnut wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:27 am
CoachC wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:01 am Let me just throw this idea out there. All game tickets are pre-sale for games. Season ticket holders, plus a sensible social distancing of seating on both visitor and home sides. Limits are adjusted as to actual seating (spacing) capacity of the venue. All who attend will have to have their temperature taken before entering the stadium entrance. Players, officials and coaches will be tested day of game immediately after school, prior to leaving for game site. Sideline and press box MUST be essential-ONLY! If bands are wanting to attend, they must also be tested as per the requirements of teams/staff.
This isnt the NFL you wont get test results for at least 5-8 days
Both are good points, but if you want butts in the seats, $$$ will have to be spent. Many people will spend a few extra bucks to see a high school football game. Maybe the OHSAA can use their "power" to acquire bulk orders (sold to individual schools) for top notch testing materials. I won't pretend that I have ALL the answers, but with an effort to have a season, some sacrifices will have to be made. Who is paying for the testing now? If it's the individuals, then that might be an expense they may have to endure with, or without fans.

Return to “Football”