Russell Drops Ironton, Tigers Fill Gap W ?

kantucky
Varsity

Russell Drops Ironton, Tigers Fill Gap W ?

Post by kantucky »

Russell, Kentucky, because of the restructuring of their football season to cope with the current pandemic , will be dropping Ironton off their schedule this year. The Tigers are going to pick up a game with Chesapeake to fill in that week
Last edited by kantucky on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Re: Russell Drops Ironton, Tigers Fill Gap W Chesapeake

Post by kantucky »

Also I especially hate that this game has been canceled. There was a lot of murmuring last year by a red devil fans that they got cheated in tank Stadium ( doesn't everybody it seems that got beat by to Ironton? I've always joked iromtom has never won a game at home, ever ;>)

I believe the Tigers would have walked onto McGlone field and just absolutely destroyed Russell this year, I believe they would have beat them by at least twenty five.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Peake has Minford on schedule for that week. What happened to that game?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I follow the ironton football page and saw game cancelled but no mention of Chesapeake. Be silly to play ovc 2 times especially when peake has almost no chance at either. But I could be wrong I usually am lol.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:44 pm I follow the ironton football page and saw game cancelled but no mention of Chesapeake. Be silly to play ovc 2 times especially when peake has almost no chance at either. But I could be wrong I usually am lol.

Also thought this made no sense to play a conference team twice

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:59 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:44 pm I follow the ironton football page and saw game cancelled but no mention of Chesapeake. Be silly to play ovc 2 times especially when peake has almost no chance at either. But I could be wrong I usually am lol.

Generally no but this is an unusual year and something would be better than nothing

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:04 pm
Kicker. wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Generally no but this is an unusual year and something would be better than nothing

Very true I am open to this happening if this means we get a 10 game season

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I was told this by someone I would have never dreamed would have maybe had it wrong. If I said who it was, you would agree with me but I'm not going to do that.

SpeedKillz

Re: Russell Drops Ironton, Tigers Fill Gap W ?

Post by SpeedKillz »

Not gonna be a 2020 season.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:33 pm Not gonna be a 2020 season.
I agree with you. How can there be a season? The city has passed an ordinance for people to wear masks, the kids have to wear masks at school, but we want kids to play tackle football? I love sports but what is wrong with people. Do you know how dangerous it will be with football for it to spread? Heck their is grown adults that get paid to play that are opting out of their contracts this year to protect themselves. But we want the youth, junior high, and high school kids to play and risk their health because some of us are selfish and cannot give up football or any sport till this passes through.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

There’s another thread to give your opinion about a season this is about Russell dropping ironton dumba$$

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

TigerMania wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:40 pm
I agree with you. How can there be a season? The city has passed an ordinance for people to wear masks, the kids have to wear masks at school, but we want kids to play tackle football? I love sports but what is wrong with people. Do you know how dangerous it will be with football for it to spread? Heck their is grown adults that get paid to play that are opting out of their contracts this year to protect themselves. But we want the youth, junior high, and high school kids to play and risk their health because some of us are selfish and cannot give up football or any sport till this passes through.
Southeast ohio - ( appalachia) unfortunately, consists of a lot of people with emotion based opinions, but not nearly as many w critical thinking skills. Unfortunately.

It will register w them soon enough.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:03 pm
There’s another thread to give your opinion about a season this is about Russell dropping ironton dumba$$
There will not be a 2020 season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I do not think so either speed.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bearcats80
Freshman Team

Post by Bearcats80 »

I heard they picked up George Washington.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

Bearcats80 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:15 pm I heard they picked up George Washington.
That could be true GW was scheduled to play Ashland that week

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bearcats80 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:15 pm I heard they picked up George Washington.
Good pickup!!

Return to “Football”