Week 1: Ironton at Burg

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by 4thgoal »

fbnut wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:47 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:25 pm By the way, how did we get off of ironton vs burg. This will probably only happen in playoffs.
I’m guessing first what 3-4-5 rounds higher seed gets to play at home?
Since playoff seeding will be done like other sports instead of the points system, I wonder if you will see more teams running the score up on people? Style points will matter in this format....

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Burg gets one kid that shows up out of nowhere from Ashland and we're called burg tomcats. How many kids did Ironton have as one and dones last year? Let alone this year. Already hearing about the 3 kids from a completely different area in the United States that have been brought in. Not to mention the one your coach tried to hide from the Huntington area that got ratted out when he was seen on wsaz in the background working out by 1 of this teams coaches. Give a break! Lol

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:51 am
fbnut wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:47 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:25 pm By the way, how did we get off of ironton vs burg. This will probably only happen in playoffs.
I’m guessing first what 3-4-5 rounds higher seed gets to play at home?
Since playoff seeding will be done like other sports instead of the points system, I wonder if you will see more teams running the score up on people? Style points will matter in this format....
harder to run up the score than it used to be with the running clock

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Yh8awinner wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:54 am Burg gets one kid that shows up out of nowhere from Ashland and we're called burg tomcats. How many kids did Ironton have as one and dones last year? Let alone this year. Already hearing about the 3 kids from a completely different area in the United States that have been brought in. Not to mention the one your coach tried to hide from the Huntington area that got ratted out when he was seen on wsaz in the background working out by 1 of this teams coaches. Give a break! Lol
I guess I’m out of the loop on this one, haven’t heard anything about 3 new kids from a different area in the United States. I usually hear about any new kids.

Hmmm lol.....

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

if Big 10 cancels I don't think we will have a season
I thought it was garbage but there might be something to Ohio State playing in the Big12 if the Big 10 elects not to play

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:01 pm if Big 10 cancels I don't think we will have a season
I thought it was garbage but there might be something to Ohio State playing in the Big12 if the Big 10 elects not to play
What? Ohio state is big 10 and will have to deal with it like the rest of the teams in the conference. I just think if all power 5 conference’s had that call last night they will all go to spring. I could be wrong. I usually am lol

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:01 pm if Big 10 cancels I don't think we will have a season
It has nothing to do with the virus. These university SOLD these college athletes out when they saw how much money they would lose by not having the stadiums filled with ticket buying fans.

Such a farce. That is all this Covid stuff is........a big hoax.

Some people on here are stupid enough to believe it. Unreal.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:37 pm
It has nothing to do with the virus. These university SOLD these college athletes out when they saw how much money they would lose by not having the stadiums filled with ticket buying fans.

Such a farce. That is all this Covid stuff is........a big hoax.

Some people on here are stupid enough to believe it. Unreal.
is the earth flat?
did we actually land on the moon?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Per the Twitters, Ironton now playing Portsmouth in Week 1. Guess this thread might have to be shelved until the playoffs (God willing).*

Beergogglebluez
SE

Ironton football Facebook page just put out week 1 ironton vs Portsmouth

Beergogglebluez
SE

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 pm Per the Twitters, Ironton now playing Portsmouth in Week 1. Guess this thread might have to be shelved until the playoffs (God willing).*
Lol we posted the exact same time. It makes since to flip the schedule like someone mentioned on here the other day.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 pm Per the Twitters, Ironton now playing Portsmouth in Week 1. Guess this thread might have to be shelved until the playoffs (God willing).*
Lol we posted the exact same time. It makes since to flip the schedule like someone mentioned on here the other day.
I been wasting too much time today on twitter with college football news and just saw it posted as well. Also saw that Jackson has a Week 5 conference opponent, so looks like Burg going to have to find either a Week 1 or Week 6 opponent.*

Beergogglebluez
SE

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:34 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 pm
I been wasting too much time today on twitter with college football news and just saw it posted as well. Also saw that Jackson has a Week 5 conference opponent, so looks like Burg going to have to find either a Week 1 or Week 6 opponent.*
Since I saw the power 5 meeting news I’ve been on espn and new sites all day. Dewine has his decision on high school football this week. Hopefully that’s tomorrow so kids can either prepare to play or pack it up until spring or next year.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:07 am
Yh8awinner wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:54 am Burg gets one kid that shows up out of nowhere from Ashland and we're called burg tomcats. How many kids did Ironton have as one and dones last year? Let alone this year. Already hearing about the 3 kids from a completely different area in the United States that have been brought in. Not to mention the one your coach tried to hide from the Huntington area that got ratted out when he was seen on wsaz in the background working out by 1 of this teams coaches. Give a break! Lol
I guess I’m out of the loop on this one, haven’t heard anything about 3 new kids from a different area in the United States. I usually hear about any new kids.

Hmmm lol.....guess you didn’t hear about the 3 from Missouri

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

Who’s the kid from Huntington? That’s one I haven’t heard about. But it wouldn’t surprise me

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tristate all stars wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:34 pm
Who’s the kid from Huntington? That’s one I haven’t heard about. But it wouldn’t surprise me
So burg will face ironton when?

Beergogglebluez
SE

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:36 pm
Tristate all stars wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:34 pm
So burg will face ironton when?
Week 7,8,9 or 10 lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Well we know they will both make playoffs.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tristate all stars wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 pm

You’re right, I haven’t heard about them. I’m guessing they’re from the same family, is that true? What grades and positions do they play, if you know?

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 pm
Tristate all stars wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 pm

You’re right, I haven’t heard about them. I’m guessing they’re from the same family, is that true? What grades and positions do they play, if you know?
Is this for real?
Kinda like last year when a State Representatives' son leaves his family in Columbus and shows up in Ironton Ohio to kick?
Teams like this are making a mockery of High School Athletics.
And the thing is, if they were half the coaches they tell everyone they are they would just coach up the kids they have

Return to “Football”