Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by Tristate all stars »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:44 am
Tristate all stars wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:04 am
artisgilmore wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:55 am I thought I saw a third kid on the roster from Ms.Im I wrong?
Numbers 13-24-25
You got 1 of 3 numbers right - 25

24 is from Ironton and started last year as a Sophomore.
There were 2 number 24’s in the media day pics I’m not talking about AD I know he played last year

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton had kids moving in the whole time the last coach was here but no one cared because they were always around .500

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:00 am Ironton had kids moving in the whole time the last coach was here but no one cared because they were always around .500
No they didn’t. Lol.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:00 am Ironton had kids moving in the whole time the last coach was here but no one cared because they were always around .500
And if they were still playing teams like Johnson Central, Hartley,Watterson they would still be .500

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Two of the best players ciach vass coached came here their freshman year

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

My bad one came sophomore year

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

As far as the schedule goes at the time the ovc was a good choice but now not so much. I always say ironton should play bigger better teams go check my post

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Tristate all stars wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:05 am [quote=MrFirstTake post_id=<a href="tel:1876962">1876962</a> time=<a href="tel:1597759239">1597759239</a> user_id=16640]
Ironton had kids moving in the whole time the last coach was here but no one cared because they were always around .500
And if they were still playing teams like Johnson Central, Hartley,Watterson they would still be .500
[/quote]

Now how do you know that. I would just about bet they would have beat Watterson last year and them and Hartley would have been a good game. Not sure on Johnson Central? Ironton is still a small D 5 school and of the schools you just named they are all st least double Irontons size. Also, I highly doubt anyone recruited kids from Mississippi. After what Pendleton has done last couple years theres going to be kids move in. The thing that helps him is the obvious connection he must have with college programs getting these kids recruited. Plus hes a younger guy that has done exactly what most of these kids dream of and he can relate with them and he knows what it takes to make it. The culture of kids and parents in America has changed. Theres no loyalty anymore. That goes for your friends, your home school and even your family. The problem is parents today think there kid is next superstar. They forget about all the hardwork it took to get to that spot.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 am
Tristate all stars wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:05 am [quote=MrFirstTake post_id=<a href="tel:1876962">1876962</a> time=<a href="tel:1597759239">1597759239</a> user_id=16640]
Now how do you know that. I would just about bet they would have beat Watterson last year and them and Hartley would have been a good game. Not sure on Johnson Central? Ironton is still a small D 5 school and of the schools you just named they are all st least double Irontons size. Also, I highly doubt anyone recruited kids from Mississippi. After what Pendleton has done last couple years theres going to be kids move in. The thing that helps him is the obvious connection he must have with college programs getting these kids recruited. Plus hes a younger guy that has done exactly what most of these kids dream of and he can relate with them and he knows what it takes to make it. The culture of kids and parents in America has changed. Theres no loyalty anymore. That goes for your friends, your home school and even your family. The problem is parents today think there kid is next superstar. They forget about all the hardwork it took to get to that spot.
[/quote]

Burg won the state and no one moved in the next year and they returned their QB and d5 player of the year. Plus let’s face it. Carrico is the legit d1 prospect and no one else. Just like you said some people think their kids are.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 am As far as the schedule goes at the time the ovc was a good choice but now not so much. I always say ironton should play bigger better teams go check my post
Burg tried that. Ended up backfiring. Ironton isn’t a big school anymore. Unless they continue to get kids to move in, which they won’t. They are fine where they are.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Congratulations to wheelersburg im not mad they won state lol nor do i care who was on there team it doesnt bother me because i played with a kid at ironton my junior year who started at wheelersburg his senior year and i was happy for him never talked bad about him on here or in real life so....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

XandOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 am
[/quote]

Bingo

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton isnt wheelersburg cant judge every situation the same different leaders different results period.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am Ironton isnt wheelersburg cant judge every situation the same different leaders different results period.
I disagree. Burg and Ironton are the same now, same school size, etc. Both have a rich tradition. Coach Pendleton is trying to reel them in for that state title while he has carrico and this class. They have been a solid class since junior high.

Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosports22 »

So woby, who do you think gets the nod at QB for the Burg? Also, you have talked about how burg needs to do a better job of stopping the run this year, how’d they look in the inter squad scrimmage?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

i'll answer. from my view i say they will go with the sophomore at QB. unless they just want to use him at LB ( very good there). i could see a switch at QB mid season. as far as defense goes this will be one of the most athletic defenses Burg has had in a while. O line will be solid at worst very good at best. Can't wait to see the roster the 22 man Sophomore class looks like they have A LOT of size even at the skill positions should provide some much needed depth

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Well well well, I see that wheelersburg dodged Ironton for game 1, and will be driving over an hour away to play in Chillicothe. LMAO! As much as these little burg fans want to run their mouths on here, I can see why they sidestepped the ferocious roar of the Ironton Tigers. I bet Ironton would have a running clock on them at halftime. This should give Ironton more of an incentive to find them in the playoffs.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

I believe they will go with the kid from Ashland. IMO his arm is far superior to the sophomore and is more athletic. It simply comes down to him grasping the playbook. Also, I think the sophomore will be used a bunch on defense (probably starter) which is honestly where I think is his best fit. I think he is a better LB than QB.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:16 am Well well well, I see that wheelersburg dodged Ironton for game 1, and will be driving over an hour away to play in Chillicothe. LMAO! As much as these little burg fans want to run their mouths on here, I can see why they sidestepped the ferocious roar of the Ironton Tigers. I bet Ironton would have a running clock on them at halftime. This should give Ironton more of an incentive to find them in the playoffs.
Ironton's playing an all-OVC schedule (just like every other OVC school). So if anybody "dodged" anybody here, Ironton dodged Burg.*

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:20 am I believe they will go with the kid from Ashland. IMO his arm is far superior to the sophomore and is more athletic. It simply comes down to him grasping the playbook. Also, I think the sophomore will be used a bunch on defense (probably starter) which is honestly where I think is his best fit. I think he is a better LB than QB.
i don't disagree that's why i said a mid season switch. Burg playbook is massive give him time to learn it

Return to “Football”