Week 1: Ironton at Burg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by wobycat »

Blitz wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:59 am
spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:20 am I believe they will go with the kid from Ashland. IMO his arm is far superior to the sophomore and is more athletic. It simply comes down to him grasping the playbook. Also, I think the sophomore will be used a bunch on defense (probably starter) which is honestly where I think is his best fit. I think he is a better LB than QB.
i don't disagree that's why i said a mid season switch. Burg playbook is massive give him time to learn it
The point is that it’s not guaranteed to him. Which further proves my point that he wasn’t recruited.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg dodged Ironton!!!! That's funny right there I don't care who you are!!!! No reason to play that game when you can't have a full gate. Good chance they meet third or fourth round of the playoffs. Hopefully they will let fans attend that and it will be packed.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:15 pm Burg dodged Ironton!!!! That's funny right there I don't care who you are!!!! No reason to play that game when you can't have a full gate. Good chance they meet third or fourth round of the playoffs. Hopefully they will let fans attend that and it will be packed.
That is pretty funny

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fbnut wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:43 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:15 pm Burg dodged Ironton!!!! That's funny right there I don't care who you are!!!! No reason to play that game when you can't have a full gate. Good chance they meet third or fourth round of the playoffs. Hopefully they will let fans attend that and it will be packed.
That is pretty funny
I don’t think anyone really believes that, hopefully we can meet up in the Playoffs.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

When Carrico is chatter nationwide, carpenter, & carter. Are on lists as well, it’s just not Carrico that grabs Attention of like minded young 6-1/220 versatile sophomore backs.

Coach Pendleton’s networking at the college level is primo & kids notice this stuff.

It’s at their fingertips to read about & they see a door to walk through that may benefit them more in athletics growth, exposure, and good academics, they’re gonna notice, put a plan in motion, and keep coming.

Carpenter is gonna pull attention.
Carter is gonna pull attention,
The lines are intense.

28 will be only ONE of many numbers defenses will be concentrating on.

Ironton football is changing & coach P & crew are innovative and leading the way.
The staff he continues to build and share on the ihs FB social media footprint is very impressive.
It’s getting blown up with hits, views, and visitors.

It’s obvious positive stuff is happening and will continue to happen.
They’re hungry & still YOUNG.

If I saw another squad doing the same, I’d applaud their ability to build it up & love to be able to watch in any manner for as long as the ride lasted.

Players will come when there’s that many eyes looking.
The looks are coming from every angle too!

players
coaches
recruiters
friends
Foes

The looks are a huge compliment, whether it’s out of respect, curiosity, future talent, or ideas.

Gotigersgo!

I know this will not happen with ridgewood, Kirtland, MAC, Etc. out there, as we all know, winning 5 Xtra games, is very difficult, but it would be amazing if IHS/BURG MET IN THE FINAL....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:44 am When Carrico is chatter nationwide, carpenter, & carter. Are on lists as well, it’s just not Carrico that grabs Attention of like minded young 6-1/220 versatile sophomore backs.

Coach Pendleton’s networking at the college level is primo & kids notice this stuff.

It’s at their fingertips to read about & they see a door to walk through that may benefit them more in athletics growth, exposure, and good academics, they’re gonna notice, put a plan in motion, and keep coming.

Carpenter is gonna pull attention.
Carter is gonna pull attention,
The lines are intense.

28 will be only ONE of many numbers defenses will be concentrating on.

Ironton football is changing & coach P & crew are innovative and leading the way.
The staff he continues to build and share on the ihs FB social media footprint is very impressive.
It’s getting blown up with hits, views, and visitors.

It’s obvious positive stuff is happening and will continue to happen.
They’re hungry & still YOUNG.

If I saw another squad doing the same, I’d applaud their ability to build it up & love to be able to watch in any manner for as long as the ride lasted.

Players will come when there’s that many eyes looking.
The looks are coming from every angle too!

players
coaches
recruiters
friends
Foes

The looks are a huge compliment, whether it’s out of respect, curiosity, future talent, or ideas.

Gotigersgo!

I know this will not happen with ridgewood, Kirtland, MAC, Etc. out there, as we all know, winning 5 Xtra games, is very difficult, but it would be amazing if IHS/BURG MET IN THE FINAL....
LOL

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I would agree that Ironton and wheelersburg are similar. Both have rich tradition and have won a lot of games. But whats going on at Ironton now is completely different. Ironton has Carrico and the Carter kid ranked inside the top 100 in their classes. Thats never happened around these parts. The crazy thing is Wheelersburg has a great 2023 class as well and does not have one of those kids ranked or with any offers. Pendletons connections in the college football world pay dividends.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:17 pm I would agree that Ironton and wheelersburg are similar. Both have rich tradition and have won a lot of games. But whats going on at Ironton now is completely different. Ironton has Carrico and the Carter kid ranked inside the top 100 in their classes. Thats never happened around these parts. The crazy thing is Wheelersburg has a great 2023 class as well and does not have one of those kids ranked or with any offers. Pendletons connections in the college football world pay dividends.
Again LOL.

Portsmouth East has a kid playing at WVU
Coal Grove just had a kid drafted to the NFL
Waverly has a kid now getting big time D1 offers

You either have D1 talent or you don’t. They just don’t come that often.
Burgs last true D1 talent chose basketball.

The two sophomores from Ironton are probably going to be good but they’ve hardly played any varsity snaps whereas Carrico has proven his talent. Just because you’ve gotten some D1 attention at some camps, doesn’t mean that they will automatically be D1. Burg has some serious talent in the sophomore class, but maybe 2 of them at this moment are D1 potential. It’s called being realistic about the actual situation.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:02 pm [quote=XandOs post_id=<a href="tel:1877277">1877277</a> time=<a href="tel:1597853878">1597853878</a> user_id=17160]
I would agree that Ironton and wheelersburg are similar. Both have rich tradition and have won a lot of games. But whats going on at Ironton now is completely different. Ironton has Carrico and the Carter kid ranked inside the top 100 in their classes. Thats never happened around these parts. The crazy thing is Wheelersburg has a great 2023 class as well and does not have one of those kids ranked or with any offers. Pendletons connections in the college football world pay dividends.
Again LOL.

The two sophomores from Ironton are probably going to be good but they’ve hardly played any varsity snaps whereas Carrico has proven his talent. Just because you’ve gotten some D1 attention at some camps, doesn’t mean that they will automatically be D1. Burg has some serious talent in the sophomore class, but maybe 2 of them at this moment are D1 potential. It’s called being realistic about the actual situation.
[/quote]

Again. LOL

The Portsmouth East kid like many others that have made it out of Southern Ohio are lineman not skill kids. He had quite a few offers but was not ranked a top 100 kid. Lineman get recruited because of size a lot. Colleges gamble and develop those types of players.

The Coal Grove kid had a MAC offer which is fine but not a top 100 player in nation.

The waverly kids had some lower tier FBS looks but not any blue blood program offers.

And Holden had no major scholarship offers to play football or he would have chosen them over playing mid major D1 basketball. Ive watched and read interviews where he publicly stated that if OSU was going to offer then he would have went football route.

Whats happening at Ironton does not happen in these parts. Look back at all the great teams from SEO and how many of those kids have played at major D1 Blue blood programs. Theres onlt been a handful in our area play for The Buckeyes and Ironton may have two right now. Is that sheer luck of Pendleton coming in at the right time or is that his connections and the way his kids get developed in program. Lets not forget when he was hired there was a lot of people on the site saying the Ironton was done and they would never get back to where they were. Those same people seem to be on here today trying to knock what coach has done in 2 years.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:24 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:02 pm [quote=XandOs post_id=<a href="tel:1877277">1877277</a> time=<a href="tel:1597853878">1597853878</a> user_id=17160]
Again LOL.

[/quote]

Again. LOL

The Portsmouth East kid like many others that have made it out of Southern Ohio are lineman not skill kids. He had quite a few offers but was not ranked a top 100 kid. Lineman get recruited because of size a lot. Colleges gamble and develop those types of players.

The Coal Grove kid had a MAC offer which is fine but not a top 100 player in nation.

The waverly kids had some lower tier FBS looks but not any blue blood program offers.

And Holden had no major scholarship offers to play football or he would have chosen them over playing mid major D1 basketball. Ive watched and read interviews where he publicly stated that if OSU was going to offer then he would have went football route.

Whats happening at Ironton does not happen in these parts. Look back at all the great teams from SEO and how many of those kids have played at major D1 Blue blood programs. Theres onlt been a handful in our area play for The Buckeyes and Ironton may have two right now. Is that sheer luck of Pendleton coming in at the right time or is that his connections and the way his kids get developed in program. Lets not forget when he was hired there was a lot of people on the site saying the Ironton was done and they would never get back to where they were. Those same people seem to be on here today trying to knock what coach has done in 2 years.
[/quote]

:roll:
The Portsmouth East kid starts

Who cares about what D1 school the coal grove kid played at? He's an NFL prospect. Ben Rothlesberger played at Miami University. You saying he couldn't play for a top FBS? He's a super bowl mvp.

The Waverly kid has had some blue bloods look at him.

Another one I forgot is the Cain Madden kid from Minford, who, before Covid, was on a defensive lineman of the year watch playing at Marshall.

As far as Holden, he never pursued football. Urban meyer expressed a lot of interest in him. He even took a visit but he always wanted to play college basketball. Anyone who says Holden wasn't a D1 college football potential prospect doesn't know football.

I think it's great that Carrico is going to be a Buckeye, but it's because Carrico has the talent and size to play that of a high level, nothing more.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

If holden showed any serious interest in football and did the camps he could have went D1

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Nothing again against the coal grove kid,but in the preseason they just need bodies.He wasn’t drafted .He is a free agent but I hope he makes it.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

XandOs wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:24 pm
Again LOL.

Again. LOL

[/quote]

Let “coach” try to do what he’s doing with only Ironton kids and see how he does

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:07 pm Nothing again against the coal grove kid,but in the preseason they just need bodies.He wasn’t drafted .He is a free agent but I hope he makes it.
What? Lol. He played four years in college and was selected as a free agent but because he went to coal Grove, he’s really not that good. Lol

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:34 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:07 pm Nothing again against the coal grove kid,but in the preseason they just need bodies.He wasn’t drafted .He is a free agent but I hope he makes it.
What? Lol. He played four years in college and was selected as a free agent but because he went to coal Grove, he’s really not that good. Lol
You know that nobody’s good unless there from Arnton

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

A State Semi final game would be a cool match up...imagine the back and forth banter on that lol

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Artisgilmore: I have family from Ironton and usually, I take their side but this is a little much. At 6'7/ 320-lbs Austen Pleasants started for a D-1 school and is now in the NFL playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars, that's not only a major accomplishment, but a dream come true for any kid no matter where they're from.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:48 pm
Artisgilmore: I have family from Ironton and usually, I take their side but this is a little much. At 6'7/ 320-lbs Austen Pleasants started for a D-1 school and is now in the NFL playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars, that's not only a major accomplishment, but a dream come true for any kid no matter where they're from.
Absolutely!

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Burg has nobody in the 2023 class with D1 potential. Mathews and Horsely were studs the past couple of years and nobody in their Sophomore class is in the same galaxy as those 2. There certainly is no Tanner Holden in that class.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

How many “D1” players has Coldwater had? And sorry, outside of Carrico, the best kid on Ironton’s team is Deere...

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]

Return to “Football”