2020 Valley 28 - 6 Northwest

Izladoom
All State

Re: Northwest at Valley

Post by Izladoom »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:53 am
Izladoom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:48 am
Message Board Hero wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 am I would think this one may be on the radio. I know Valley has streamed games in the past so maybe they will do so again this season.

Not sure how this game will play out but I know that NW had about double the amount of kids Valley did from the pictures I saw online. Is Valley's enrollment that low now or are kids just not playing? I know Valley has some good athletes, but NW looked like a physical group.
Where did you see the pictures for valley? I have been looking and just not found anything yet. As far as enrollment that would be a question for crabs brother or one of the other posters.
I don’t if I did this right but here is the link to the picture on Twitter. Sports Reporter Jacob Smith has been posting the local team pics from their media days.

Thanks yeah looks like it’s way down considering that’s jv and varsity

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I think Northwest may get the W

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:05 pm Yeah they are going to be young but most of them got a lot of playing time last season I just think they are going to really surprise some people if they can stay healthy which is always the question with valley
I believe Northwest is just as young.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Could northwest be 6-0 going into the playoffs?

Michael Scott
PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

mattash wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:37 pm Could northwest be 6-0 going into the playoffs?
Yes. They will be. Once again. Its time for them to move back to SOC II. Its ridiculous otherwise

Message Board Hero
Waterboy

Post by Message Board Hero »

Is Valley going to move back down? Valley is the smallest school in SOC II by far. After yesterday's discussion on enrollment size I looked on OHSAA and they were only D-VI because of competitive balance numbers. The boys count is about the same as Symmes Valley. I don't see them moving honestly, but I could see SOC I going belly up in football before long. East, Notre Dame, and Green have all just scraped by numbers wise the past few years. I do know that ND is back up this year. I think Valley is trending towards being an almost yearly D-VII team in football and a permanent D-IV team in basketball and baseball.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Message Board Hero wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:03 am Is Valley going to move back down? Valley is the smallest school in SOC II by far. After yesterday's discussion on enrollment size I looked on OHSAA and they were only D-VI because of competitive balance numbers. The boys count is about the same as Symmes Valley. I don't see them moving honestly, but I could see SOC I going belly up in football before long. East, Notre Dame, and Green have all just scraped by numbers wise the past few years. I do know that ND is back up this year. I think Valley is trending towards being an almost yearly D-VII team in football and a permanent D-IV team in basketball and baseball.
Can you say eight man football for the SOC 1?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

PistolPete7 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:38 am
mattash wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:37 pm Could northwest be 6-0 going into the playoffs?
Yes. They will be. Once again. Its time for them to move back to SOC II. Its ridiculous otherwise
What is ridiculous? They haven't won an outright SOC 1 title. I would love to see them compete at the SOC 2 level, but let's not get the cart ahead of the horse here. Would like to hear some stats on Valleys seasons when they were in SOC1

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

May be the hardest game to predict opening week. I'll go with Valley at home as they beat the Mohawks on the road last year and have most of their team back.

As for SOC I, Northwest and Eastern are healthy numbers-wise. Numbers are low at Green, East and Symmes Valley. ND has 31, but their numbers in junior high are low. Northwest will likely be moved back up to SOC II and be replaced by Oak Hill (what i've heard anyways) who also has low numbers on horizon. Not sure if 8 man football coming, but it's definitely not looking good numbers-wise for a lot of the SOC I schools in the next 5-7 years.*

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

NW97 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm
What is ridiculous? They haven't won an outright SOC 1 title. I would love to see them compete at the SOC 2 level, but let's not get the cart ahead of the horse here. Would like to hear some stats on Valleys seasons when they were in SOC1
Largest school district in the county.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Heard this NW team is the best they've had in a long time. Valley seems to be down still. I'll take the Mohawks, but if they don't beat the weakest team in SOC2.....

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

PistolPete7 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:48 pm

The size of the school doesn’t really matter they have only had 8 winning seasons in school history they was only 6-4 last year they need to be in the division they can compete with

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

If the valley team that showed up week 1 vs Portsmouth last year I’ll take valley by a couple scores in this one.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:16 pm
The size of the school doesn’t really matter they have only had 8 winning seasons in school history they was only 6-4 last year they need to be in the division they can compete with
He said size of the district. I think it has alot to do with it. Their is alot of kids that live far from the school. Some parents are not able to run their kids back a forth.
There is 616 square miles in Scioto County, Northwest's school district is 184 square miles. Just look at the schools districts that border Northwest's. West, West Union, Peebles, Western, And I believe Piketon does also. That's a large area.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:36 pm

He said size of the district. I think it has alot to do with it. Their is alot of kids that live far from the school. Some parents are not able to run their kids back a forth.
There is 616 square miles in Scioto County, Northwest's school district is 184 square miles. Just look at the schools districts that border Northwest's. West, West Union, Peebles, Western, And I believe Piketon does also. That's a large area.

Yeah but he thinks they should move up because of the size of the school and that wouldn’t be good for anyone

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:13 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:36 pm

Yeah but he thinks they should move up because of the size of the school and that wouldn’t be good for anyone
This year or next year will be Northwest's last year in SOC 1. I believe this year since Valley doesn't have a Jv team , Northwest's will be playing the SOC II schools. The junior high already plays most of the SOC ll schools.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Northwest could come out of this with a W. Valley will be tough at home....good week 1 matchup......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Any update on where valley is streaming the game?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Michael Scott
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Final

Valley 28