2020 Valley 28 - 6 Northwest

transplant
SE

Re: Northwest at Valley

Post by transplant »

Beat me to it coop. Too many turnovers. But it’s a win.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Absolutely it’s around a 42-6 game without all the fumbles, but for week 1 in these crazy times..good win, and plenty to clean up!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yep. I Liked the effort from the kids. Like you said, week 1 in these crazy times, I’ll take it.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley is playing 8-10 soph and they have some real studs. I was impressed by Valley in the trenches, they seemed to hold their own on defense and control the offensive line completely. They may not have a winning season this year, but the next 2 years they are going to be really good. Should be a great test next week at Oak Hill

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I knew this valley team was good. You will have a hard time finding a better combo than andronis, Arnette, and Perkins. IF valley stays healthy and cleans up some stuff I still think they could win 4-5 games. Perkins and arnette will probably own most of the records for valley in receiving and rushing by the time they graduate. As for northwest they have a good team but just made to many mistakes. To many missed tackles and some costly turnovers. They won’t be challenged much the rest of the season until the playoffs. I look forward to seeing where their program progresses in the coming years.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Valley always has top coaching and great athletes

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Message Board Hero
Waterboy

Post by Message Board Hero »

Very nice win by Valley. Most people didn’t have this one going the Indians way. To me they looked like an entirely different team than the one I watched vs Notre Dame. Valley is full of good athletes but I was very impressed with their offensive and defensive lines. Those units won last night which was a huge surprise. Valley probably won’t get over the hump vs Burg or Waverly but this team will matchup well in the playoffs against schools their size.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Coaching

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tommy Chong wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:09 pm Coaching
Absolutely

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Post by Big Blue Nation »

NW97 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm
PistolPete7 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:38 am
mattash wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:37 pm Could northwest be 6-0 going into the playoffs?
I can’t speak specifics but Valley had many 9-1 and even 10-0 records when they played SOC Division I years ago and didn’t even make the playoffs ..... but that was when the OHSAA had only the top 4 teams from each region to make the playoffs.

Yes. They will be. Once again. Its time for them to move back to SOC II. Its ridiculous otherwise
What is ridiculous? They haven't won an outright SOC 1 title. I would love to see them compete at the SOC 2 level, but let's not get the cart ahead of the horse here. Would like to hear some stats on Valleys seasons when they were in SOC1

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Valley went 10-0 and 9-1 in 1992 and 1993. As mentioned, only 4 teams made the playoffs then. But there were shady circumstances on them not getting in the year they went 10-0. I think it was Bishop Ready that canceled a game because playing would have brought down their average and kept them out. The scoring system then is not the current Harbin system is used to determine playoff teams. Valley never had another 10-0 or 9-1 team not make the playoffs. They did have a couple of 8-2 teams not get in while in SOC I.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Northwest shouldn't be in that league. They are way to big of a school to be playing in the SOCI.

Talent isn't their problem. Playing terrible competition doesn't prepare them to play good teams. They will probably go 5-1, get a seed in the playoffs that they aren't deserving of, and get destroyed by a lower seed. In fact there may be a team in the SOCII go winless in the league that will probably have to play at Ironton or Wheelersburg in round one that is probably 2 touchdowns better than Northwest. Will that be fair?

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:31 pm Northwest shouldn't be in that league. They are way to big of a school to be playing in the SOCI.

Talent isn't their problem. Playing terrible competition doesn't prepare them to play good teams. They will probably go 5-1, get a seed in the playoffs that they aren't deserving of, and get destroyed by a lower seed. In fact there may be a team in the SOCII go winless in the league that will probably have to play at Ironton or Wheelersburg in round one that is probably 2 touchdowns better than Northwest. Will that be fair?
Well said!!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I also want to say that the kids who did the broadcast on valleys Facebook page was excellent and very professional sounding I hope they continue to do them

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

any stats on this game?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

lineman7 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 pm any stats on this game?

Not sure if did this right
5D9A2CD0-30E4-423F-8944-281CB70D2325.png

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

What an absolute letdown for the Mohawks!!

Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Post by Big Blue Nation »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:31 pm Northwest shouldn't be in that league. They are way to big of a school to be playing in the SOCI.

You think playing at Ironton or at Wheelersburg, Northwest would only be a two touchdown underdog? It would be more like a 4-5 touchdown underdog.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Big Blue Nation wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:55 pm

You think playing at Ironton or at Wheelersburg, Northwest would only be a two touchdown underdog? It would be more like a 4-5 touchdown underdog.
That's not what I said. I said their may be a team. Probably Valley, West, or Oak Hill that may go winless the next 5 weeks in the SOCII, that is 2 Touchdowns better than Northwest

Return to “Football”