Ohio Scheduling Question

Omega
SEOPS H

Ohio Scheduling Question

Post by Omega »

We all know Ohio has gone to a six game regular season HS football schedule followed by open playoffs. It is my understanding that once a school loses in the playoffs, they are allowed to schedule and play regular season games through week ten. My question is have any schools in the SEOP footprint gone ahead and scheduled contingent games for weeks 7-10? My question is prompted by seeing Ohio schools listed as having contingent games on @edforshey 's WV Tailgate Central website:

http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_ ... 959.0.html

Some intriguing matchups could result from this.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Ohio Scheduling Question

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Omega wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:02 pm We all know Ohio has gone to a six game regular season HS football schedule followed by open playoffs. It is my understanding that once a school loses in the playoffs, they are allowed to schedule and play regular season games through week ten. My question is have any schools in the SEOP footprint gone ahead and scheduled contingent games for weeks 7-10? My question is prompted by seeing Ohio schools listed as having contingent games on @edforshey 's WV Tailgate Central website:

http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_ ... 959.0.html

Some intriguing matchups could result from this.
Logan has

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I've looked on school schedules at arbiterlive.com and noticed some schools have schedule weeks 9 and 10.

gobengals
Waterboy

Post by gobengals »

Actually, the permissible scheduling is as follows:

1) teams can elect to participate in the playoffs or not participate.
2) if they do elect to participate, they will have at least one playoff game
3) once they lose in the playoffs, they can continue to play games through week 12 (November 13/14). Yes week 12, not week 10.
4) teams can play a maximum of 10 games (what is not clear is if this 10 game limit includes playoff games or if it includes only regular season games)
5) For those teams electing not to participate in the playoffs, they can play up to 10 regular season games through week 12 (November 13/14).

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

gobengals wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:46 pm Actually, the permissible scheduling is as follows:

1) teams can elect to participate in the playoffs or not participate.
2) if they do elect to participate, they will have at least one playoff game
3) once they lose in the playoffs, they can continue to play games through week 12 (November 13/14). Yes week 12, not week 10.
4) teams can play a maximum of 10 games (what is not clear is if this 10 game limit includes playoff games or if it includes only regular season games)
5) For those teams electing not to participate in the playoffs, they can play up to 10 regular season games through week 12 (November 13/14).
👍👍👍👍👍

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”