Any teams struggling with the Clovid?

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Any teams struggling with the Clovid?

Post by Wings Teaford »

Respond here and I can share what we did in Racine. So far its working. It even has allowed our district to go back to school five days a week.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
alabama mike
SE

Re: Any teams struggling with the Clovid?

Post by alabama mike »

If they are, due to FERPA and HIPPA laws, it could not be revealed.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

alabama mike wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:32 am If they are, due to FERPA and HIPPA laws, it could not be revealed.
I’m pretty sure it has to be released to the public if a student has tested positive in a school district. Now they do not release names, but I would say if you had a number of positive cases from one school district you could at least have an idea if it could potentially effect any extracurriculars

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:32 am
alabama mike wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:32 am If they are, due to FERPA and HIPPA laws, it could not be revealed.
I’m pretty sure it has to be released to the public if a student has tested positive in a school district. Now they do not release names, but I would say if you had a number of positive cases from one school district you could at least have an idea if it could potentially effect any extracurriculars
That starts on the 15th of this month.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

HIPPA only applies to covered entities - mainly healthcare providers and healthcare plan providers (insurance).

If you inform a school, coach, friend, or anyone who isn't a healthcare provider about your personal healthcare situation they are under no legal obligation to keep it private (we can discuss the ethical obligation seperately.)

FERPA has to do with education records. So again if a player tells a coach or administrator that they tested positive I don't believe there is a LEGAL restriction on sharing (again, only a potential ethical dilemma).

Once you tell the school, employer, business, friend, colleague, etc about anything to do with your personal health they are under no LEGAL obligation to keep it private. Again, it's only an ethical question.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

It’s HIPAA, not HIPPA, just to clarify.

Return to “Football”