2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Week 4 Wheelersburg (3-0) at Waverly (3-0)

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Trooper wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:31 pm Since the Big 10 is not playing this fall, word on the street is that Kevin Schwarzel has picked up a few high school games to officiate and he's on this game. Bad news for the Pirates...
Why is that?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Tommy Chong wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:09 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:08 pm

You’re underestimating this burg team. They are a whole lot better than last years team.
I agree, while last years team had more standout players that were seperated from the rest, this years team is fundamentally sound and gets the job done. Overall I think this Burg team should prevail in this one by one score with a final drive by Waverly getting shutdown by the Burg's secondary.
This years class don’t have 3 automatic beat downs from Ironton Jackson and Bishop Hartley , so keep bashing the 2019 Pirates. They were SOC champs , will 2020 be ???
Not bashing whatsoever, I am a Burg fan, why would I bash them if they made it all the way to the regional championship once again? I was simply stating that this years team seems more fundamentally sound while last years team was more so just a bunch of athletes. And yes Tommy Chong, Burg will be SOC II champs yet again ;)

Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Post by Not A Homer »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:04 pm Coach Crabtree of the Tigers knows how to get over the hump vs the Pirates...Friday night is a reckoning...reap the whirlwind Sheriff Brady...
lol wut?? :lol: what "hump" has Waverly gotten over that makes you think Crabtree knows how to get over the hump?

Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Post by Not A Homer »

hearing there's some Covid cases running through the school/town in Waverly. Hope this game happens

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wait, is that another hurricane remnants potentially moving in the week of the Burg-Waverly game? LOL

Seems like that has happened more than once during this game. I still remember the one game at Burg when Walls dropped back to pass and tried to throw a little dump pass over the middle and a gust of wind caught it and brought it back to him. It was comical in that he just froze after he caught it and then realized he needed to run. By then Burg's defense was all over him.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Not A Homer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 am hearing there's some Covid cases running through the school/town in Waverly. Hope this game happens
Hoping so as well, not saying I know much but idk at what point the school would decide to cancel. Idk if I’d consider this an outbreak, but we see how easily that can happen. We shall see...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Not A Homer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 am hearing there's some Covid cases running through the school/town in Waverly. Hope this game happens
Not good. What will happen if the game can’t be played? Does burg get the automatic win, will they try and get it played sometime during the wks to come

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:59 am
Not good. What will happen if the game can’t be played? Does burg get the automatic win, will they try and get it played sometime during the wks to come
Good question. Hopefully we don’t have to find out. Seems like admin at Waverly has done a great job with the situation and have taken the necessary steps to help stop any further exposure. As of right now, Waverly is still going to school, so probably will be something that is going to be a day to day thing.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

AP poll came out and by gosh I knew it.

Burg is better than Ironton this year since Burg came out No. 2 and Ironton 3. Everyone knows the AP poll is always right on the money.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

I'm hearing Covid Cases everywhere right now. Supposedly all schools are supposed to treat all illnesses as Covid until a test returns showing something else. Then doctors are referring players for Covid Tests. It only takes 1 to quarantine. Another week or so and football will be done unfortunately

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Going with burg by 3 scores..

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

look for the kicking game to be a big deal in this game. Burg last year kicked onsides almost all game while Waverly went for touchbacks. Haven’t seen Waverly attempt any field goals but I know that Burgs kicker is one clutch and two has a strong leg

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:44 am I'm hearing Covid Cases everywhere right now. Supposedly all schools are supposed to treat all illnesses as Covid until a test returns showing something else. Then doctors are referring players for Covid Tests. It only takes 1 to quarantine. Another week or so and football will be done unfortunately
Sad but true

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:40 am AP poll came out and by gosh I knew it.

Burg is better than Ironton this year since Burg came out No. 2 and Ironton 3. Everyone knows the AP poll is always right on the money.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone knows the AP right on. It’s gonna be interesting to see how the regions play out

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Post by Not A Homer »

DIVISION V AP Rankings

1, Kirtland (9) 3-0 156
2, Wheelersburg (6) 3-0 137
3, Ironton (2) 3-0 130
4, Canfield S. Range (2) 3-0 114
5, Findlay Liberty-Benton 3-0 94
6, West Lafayette Ridgewood 3-0 70
7, Bellaire 3-0 63
8, St. Bernard Roger Bacon 3-0 52
9, Baltimore Liberty Union 3-0 38
10, Akron Manchester 1-0 34

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Brookville 22. 12, Ravenna Southeast 21. 13, Garrettsville Garfield 19. 14, Sugarcreek Garaway 14.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 am
Trooper wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:31 pm Since the Big 10 is not playing this fall, word on the street is that Kevin Schwarzel has picked up a few high school games to officiate and he's on this game. Bad news for the Pirates...
Why is that?
Some Wheelersburg fans think he has an agenda when he refs Burg basketball games.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Waverly 28-Burg 14.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Not A Homer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:43 am
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:04 pm Coach Crabtree of the Tigers knows how to get over the hump vs the Pirates...Friday night is a reckoning...reap the whirlwind Sheriff Brady...
lol wut?? :lol: what "hump" has Waverly gotten over that makes you think Crabtree knows how to get over the hump?
Crabtree has done an excellent job in creating a consistent winning program. He has buy in from the school admin and community. The boom then bust cycle the Tigers have gone through for 30 years appears to be over. That said, the Tiger program is not ready to make a deep run in the D4 playoffs nor is it ready to replace the Burg as year in year out king of the hill in the SOC2.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Waverly jumps out to an early lead and grinds the rest of the game. Burgs secondary cannot handle a strong passing game. I give Waverly’s O line a slight advantage over Burgs D. If Burg can blitz the situation may change. Last factor for Burg to pull it out is their rushing game. If they can get a good O line push and pick up good yardage they can keep it close.
Sticking with my first comment...Waverly by 2 scores!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Burg ahead of Ironton in the polls?Must have used some of those mail in ballots the left wants to use. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”